IGNORED

What is your biggest pet-peeve in Golf?

rckwd
Note:Β This thread is 2494 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

I can't stand the "get in the hole" The stupid A$$'s think they're at a football game.

I was at an event, standing 3ft. from Tiger, it was a par 5, he was 220yds out. The exact millisecond the club made contact with the ball, this guy next to me screams really loud "GET IN THE HOLE!!!!!!". I wanted to punch him, I looked at him like dude come on!!

Also, number 2 petpeeve is when at a golf event, the idiots the wear there GOLF SHOES !! WTF??

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5*Β 

3WD: Β Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons: Β Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2 Β 52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

It's not what you're looking for, but I hate Congress' involvement in any sport (baseball/steroids, BCS system).

I also get annoyed when people make a huge deal about any noise made in a golf tournament. It really doesn't have to be a tournament...just any golf in general. Why should whispers break a pro's concentration? They're pros. Kobe Bryant hits freethrows with fans yelling at him. Albert Pujols hits homers with the cather talking crap to him. Why should a pro golfer be any different? I've talked during my swing before. I don't mind anyone moving, making noises, or really doing anything else during my swing, but that's just me. I'm concentrating on my shot, not what someone else is doing. It seems like golfers lack concentration if they get distracted by a noise or a movement.
It's certainly a sign of respect for both the player and the game, but the next time a pro yells at someone for making a noise or moving and I'm there, I'll call him "a cry baby who takes no responsibility for his crap shot."

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

The "Get in the hole" is the worst. But when I'm playing a round, I hate when people drive by in their cars and either honk or scream out of their window while I'm teeing off. I'm hoping the next time this happens I hook it straight into their windshield. I find it funny though when people try to time it perfectly and they end up doing it while I'm taking a practice swing.

Driver 2007 Burner 10.5
Hybrid 3DX RDC 3 Iron
Irons Di7 4-GW Irons
Wedges American Open 60*
Putter Black MaxBalls AD333's

At hockey games when someone is on the power play and someone yells SHOOT IT! JUST SHOOT IT!

Idiots doing The Wave at a football game, especially if the home team is on offense. I love the Colts but the fans here are dumb.

Those parents at kids' sporting events that yell at their son (or daughter) the whole time. Or parents that yell period during kids' sports. Leave the coaching to the coach and give your kid positive encouragement, your kid isn't going to play better just because he's scared of riding home with you if he doesn't.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10Β°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5Β°, 20Β°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60Β° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

when people say when you hit a bad shot, "that ones WAY out of here" or "how the hell did you manage to pull that off". it drives me insane, i just want to punch those people in the face and when people step in my line.
Driver r7 superquad w/ UST Proforce V2(S)
3 Wood r9 3 wood(S)
5 Wood Burner 5 wood(S)
Irons Ci6 3-PW(S)
Wedge Z TP 56*Wedge Z TP 60*Putter Studio Select Newport 2(33in)Bag three5 stand bagBall Prov1x

Golf: When someone blatently stands in your line or to the back right in your backswing view when you're teeing off. or putting out of turn without acknowledging anyone else on the green.

Baseball (played in college): those stupid f'in batters who call time when no one's on base and there's no reason to step away (i pitched). oh, and two words, Justin Pedroia; he looks like the dirty kid from peanuts and i really just want to punch him.

Basketball: coaches who wear suit jackets on the sidelines

Hockey: people who actually have teeth, shows they don't work hard enough

Tennis: grunting by females...no need for it unless you're tuckin your sack back and we don't know about it

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

CobraΒ Bio+ 9*Β Matrix White Tie XΒ Β -Β Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTASΒ 80XΒ - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100Β - Vokey SM4 55 /Β Vokey SM5 60*Β DG TIΒ S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Went to a move, and right in the middle of some romantic scene someone yells "Get in the hole!"

This is quite possibly the funniest thing I have read in a long long time.

My biggest peeve is poor sportsmanship of any kind. Seeing a golfer whip a golf club, or a baseball player throw their bat drives me out of my mind. But what drives me even more crazy is the over exuberant celebrations by football players... OOOHH LOOK AT ME, I MADE A TACKLE!!! Congratulations, now go cash your million dollar paycheck for doing your "job".

Matt Schnurbusch

In the Bag:
Driver 9.5* XS Tour Square
Fairway Launcher 17*Irons X18R 4-SWWedge REG. 588 60*Putter Crimson Series 550Ball GamerGlove F3 Glove

There's a reason they call Sanford Stadium the largest classroom on campus. It's where Georgia teaches other schools how to play football.

Yes, but you get your QB from that state the breeds good football players like no other.

Driver - Sumo 5900 (9.5Β°) S
3W - 909 F2 (15.5Β°) X
Hybrid - 4DX Ironwood 3 (20Β°) S
Irons: 4-PW - Victory Reds Full Cavity S
Wedge - CG14 (56Β°)Putter - Red X5 35"Ball - e6+Scores with New Bag:95, 83, 86

Fan's who take the game (whatever it may be) a little too seriously...

i.e. Did anyone see the cub's fan pour that beer on the philly's outfielder last night when he was trying to make a catch at the wall?

Looking for a new bag..
- Taylor Made Burner TP 10.5
- Tommy Armour 845 3 wood
- Nike CPR 18 degree rescue
- Taylor Made r7 draw 4-pw- Taylor Made RAC 52 degree - Cleveland 588 wedges 56 and 60 degree- Taylor Made TPI-23 putter- Taylor Made TP Black (can't wait for the Penta)

I have to revise my earlier post. I am just getting back into golf and watching golf after a ten year hiatus.

So, I'm watching the PGA right now, and I just watched a "pro" hit his tee shot and release (read as THROW) his club at the end of his follow through. The club skittered (maybe not a word) across the tee box. I also watched the US Open, and saw Anthony Kim perform this move several times.

Here's my suggestion... If you are that disgusted with your game, walk off the course. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'll wager none of the classic greats pulled that kind of crap.

As much as I am against sports stars as role models, these guys have to realize that young kids are watching them. For instance, my 9-year old was sitting watching with me. My son has massive anger management issues already, due to a complete lack of responsibility on the part of his biological parents but I digress. He does not need to watch some chuckle-head on TV hit a bad shot and throw his club, for that matter neither do I!!!

Matt Schnurbusch

In the Bag:
Driver 9.5* XS Tour Square
Fairway Launcher 17*Irons X18R 4-SWWedge REG. 588 60*Putter Crimson Series 550Ball GamerGlove F3 Glove

Both of mine come from baseball...

1. Pitching counts and pitching changes: Seeing a pitcher doing fine only to be taken out because of his "pitch count limit." Inevitably, the pitcher who relieves him promptly loses the game. Even worse is when managers bring in a guy to pitch to only one batter. Or when managers insist that a guy can't pitch more than one inning at a time. I've always said that if you try enough pitchers you'll eventually find one who is having a bad day, and he'll lose the game.

2. Announcers who always mention that the pitch was "left up in the zone" when a batter gets a hit, regardless of where the pitch actually was. Everyone is convinced that if a pitcher could just "keep the ball down" he would never lose. A few years ago I charted every pitch thrown in dozens of baseball games and found exactly the opposite to be true. Pitches at the top of the strike zone or higher were almost never hit well. Plenty of knee-high fastballs were hit into the bleachers. But who is listening?

Tim

Not sure if it's my greatest pet-peeve but just something very annoying...

Was at the driving range today, I'm rightie, the guy in the stall in front of me at address, is a leftie. He managed to hit two and a half buckets in the same time I hit one bucket and each shot he would provide commentary about his shots...I'd hear "thin" or "nope" or "that's the one" or "pushed it" or "be right" .....the list goes on and on.

In my bag..

Driver: Mighty Big T3, 8Β°, Grafalloy Prolite 35
Fairway Wood: PT, 13Β°
Fairway Wood: Seville 15Β° (in my bag since 1987)Irons: T-Zoid Pro, 3-PWSW: MP-9, 56Β°LW: Tour Star, 64Β°Putter: Allied Professional (in my bag since 1989)Ball: ProV1xShoes:

Prevent defense

Amen, the only thing it prevents is your team from winning.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10Β°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5Β°, 20Β°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60Β° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

A cell phone at near or on a golf course especially a practice tee where I'm trying to concentrate on something that might hopefully make what's left of my game a little more palatable....

My usual response to transgressors is...."Does that float?"

Sorry if this offends but you asked.....

Both of mine come from baseball...

Pitched in baseball for 12 years...don't talk about something you know nothing of bud. pitching down in the zone is statistically better for groundball outs used for inducing double plays, preventing runners from moving over, etc. I'm pretty sure by you 'charting' pitches you must've come up with decades of material that'd back your 'theory' right?...how bout this, i'll throw 92 mph fastballs at you, first at your belt, then at your knees. I'll bet you out of 50 balls, the percentage is higher of getting you to ground out versus singles/doubles/trips/homers off of high fastballs is significantly better. just sayin. Good try tho, the only point you could make is above the belt, those are waste pitches unless a moron hangs a slider, curve, etc., then it's SUPPOSED to be hit. hitters are taught to look for pitches and hit mistakes, don't believe me, read a book by tony qwynn sometime.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

CobraΒ Bio+ 9*Β Matrix White Tie XΒ Β -Β Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTASΒ 80XΒ - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100Β - Vokey SM4 55 /Β Vokey SM5 60*Β DG TIΒ S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Pitched in baseball for 12 years...don't talk about something you know nothing of bud...

How do you know what I don't know?

Since you brought it up: I didn't play college but I've played in a summer league for the last few years with a number of guys fresh out of college (all division III but college nonetheless). I am basing my opinion on experience too (i.e. I had a really hard time with high fastballs).
pitching down in the zone is statistically better for groundball outs used for inducing double plays, preventing runners from moving over, etc. I'm pretty sure by you 'charting' pitches you must've come up with decades of material that'd back your 'theory' right?..., the percentage is higher of getting you to ground out versus singles/doubles/trips/homers off of high fastballs is significantly better.

Ok, "bud," what statistics are you looking at? First you question my sample size and then you turn around and carelessly use words like "statistically" and "percentage" to try to make your point. By all means, if you've seen reputable studies on this, show me (I've looked around and this appears wide open for research). But don't just blow smoke (Argumentum ad populum, Appeal to authority, etc.) and tell me that

I'm the idiot. At least my 'theory' has some kind of quantitative data behind it. What about yours?
Good try tho, the only point you could make is above the belt

Yes, don't confuse "belt high" (

middle of the strike zone) with " top of the strike zone" (from the belly button to the letters). I understand that umpires in many leagues will not call that a strike (thus I wouldn't recommend pitching there all day). But that is beside my point. I found that pitches in that area were hit less frequently than pitches at the knees. How many homeruns did you give up on letter-high fastballs? Tim

Note:Β This thread is 2494 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!