IGNORED

What is your biggest pet-peeve in Golf?

rckwd
Note: This thread is 2516 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm pretty sure most power hitters like high pitches since they can see it better and hit it farther. I've always heard low and away and high and inside are the hardest pitches to hit and that pitchers, if they miss, want to miss low (not high). That shows me that higher pitches are probably easier to hit for major leaguers.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

I'm pretty sure most power hitters like high pitches since they can see it better and hit it farther. I've always heard low and away and high and inside are the hardest pitches to hit and that pitchers, if they miss, want to miss low (not high). That shows me that higher pitches are probably easier to hit for major leaguers.

As I alluded to in my last post, people typically confuse "middle of the strike zone" for "high." MLB umpires will usually not call a strike on a pitch above the belly button ("high"), so pitchers are forced to keep the ball at the knees. Therefore, when an MLB pitcher "misses high" it usually means that he threw the pitch at the belt ("middle of the strike zone").

I have never advocated throwing a pitch in the middle of the strike zone. In any case, my pet peeve has more to do with baseball announcers who automatically say that "the pitch was left up in the zone" whenever someone gets a hit - even it the pitch was really at the knees. Tim

Golf,

When newbies on the course are playing slow and look back every five minutes and never offer to let you play through.

I am not what you would call shy, I will get through:)

G10 (VS Proto 65 X) or 905S (speeder X) / X Tour 3W (VS Proto S) / Adams Idea Tour Proto 18* (VS Proto S) / S59 Tour, Z-Z65 Cushin (D2) / Mizuno MP-T 51-06 , 56-10, / Miz TP Mills #6 ~or~ Cleveland BRZ #5

Uh i hate people who litter on the course.

I also hate players who keeps pushing driver shots towards me, even though theres another group infront us.
In my Warbird Hot Stand Bag:

Driver: R9 420cc 9.5° stiff
3 Wood: Burner 07 Fairway #3 Stiff
5 Wood: Burner 07 Fairway #5 Stiff3 Hybrid: Burner 08 Rescue #3 StiffIrons: MX-25 4-G Project X 5.5SW: CG12 STD bounce 56° Black PearlLW: CG12 STD bounce 60° Black PearlPutter: California...

Ugh... i just found another one. It annoys me when i see blade clubs in players that suck. Do yourself the favor and just get an easier club.
In my Warbird Hot Stand Bag:

Driver: R9 420cc 9.5° stiff
3 Wood: Burner 07 Fairway #3 Stiff
5 Wood: Burner 07 Fairway #5 Stiff3 Hybrid: Burner 08 Rescue #3 StiffIrons: MX-25 4-G Project X 5.5SW: CG12 STD bounce 56° Black PearlLW: CG12 STD bounce 60° Black PearlPutter: California...

Seeing a set of clubs on someone that would have cost a second mortgage to buy and then seeing them shoot scores darts players would be proud of.

I hate people who think they can instantaneously buy a better game and not have to practice like everybody else.

I hate it when 2 groups are waiting on the same tee and they pretend to be in 2 separate realities. Geez... it's golf. You can be more friendly. You don' have to stand 20 yards away.

I do hate that person that yells get in the hole ALOT. But Id have to say it is when fans boo during MMA fights. Those fans are uneducated and do not understand the technical aspects.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

i must say that a pet peeve of mine that is rather new is the spitting im seeing among junior golfers. It irks me to see that. I dont really like it in baseball either but that is a lost cause... spitting like that while playing golf just doesnt look right IMO.

Putter first 
:titleist: newport 2 oil can
:titleist: 58* SM4
:titleist: 54* SM4
:titleist: 50* SM4
:titleist: 4-pw AP2 project X 6.0
:ping: i20 9.5 TFC Stiff

3rd down screen passes in football. I can almost guarantee you've never seen that listed as a pet peeve or even poor strategy, because the football media -- unlike baseball -- is inept in terms of real world stats and strategy, but it's incredible what a wasted play that is.

Actually, 3rd Down screens are a GREAT idea. You tell me what MOST defenses do on a middle to long 3rd down......THEY BLITZ!! And what defenses are screen passes and draws designed to beat......THE BLITZ! That is why they call draws and screen passes, because the defense will usually run right by them.

By the way, if you seating in this stat room or on your couch at home were smarter than this Offensive Coach calling plays.....you would be calling plays.

In My University of Kentucky Bag:

R9 460
R9 T3
TP Rescue 17, 21 degree R7 TP 3-PW W/ Project X 6.0 Rac Z TP Wedges 50, 54, 58 Rife Two Bar Hybrid Mallet TP Black Pro V1

when people don't fix there ball marks on the green.. it's irritates the heck out of me, and i spend extra time fixing them for other people..

Titleist 913 D3
Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid

MIzuno MP52 5-PW

MIzuno 52* MP-T10 Wedge

Mizuno 56* R Series Wedge

Mizuno 60* R Series Wedge
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

Mine would have to be the foulfest that takes place at the end of any basketball game. I've NEVER seen it work!

Driver - '07 Burner - 10.5* R-flex
Wood - Hibore XLS - 15* 3w
Hybrids - Walter Hagen T3 - 18* 3i, 21* 4i
Irons - RPM - 4-SW
Wedge - Classics 691 - 58*Putter - Classics #1 - 34"Balls - DT So/Lo

i must say that a pet peeve of mine that is rather new is the spitting im seeing among junior golfers. It irks me to see that. I dont really like it in baseball either but that is a lost cause... spitting like that while playing golf just doesnt look right IMO.

Ugh, spitting in general is just awful, especially in sporting events broadcast on TV. Kid sees idol spitting, kid spits. The circle of life.

Note: This thread is 2516 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!