IGNORED

What is your biggest pet-peeve in Golf?

rckwd
Note: This thread is 2522 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

One of pet peeves is some of the announcers for golf tournaments. I like Dottie Pepper, and believe it or not, I think Johnny Miller's good points make up for his faults. Other than those two, I used the mute button a lot and just watch the action.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

• 3 weeks later...
I have to say the most annoying sport fans are the football who dress up. WTF at the price to tickets y would you where a mask, what so you can tell your friends "hey that was a great game of course I couldn't see it because of the mask I was wearing." Get in the hole is pretty annoying also just shut up wait to see if the ball is going to hit the green before you yell get in the hole. But hey this is just me if you feel the need to dress up like a halloween zombie football player wearing a dog mask go ahead.

In the Bag:
Driver:Adams Speedline F11 9 degree RIP Gamma 

3 Wood: Adams Fast 10 15 degrees Voodoo shaft
Hybrid: Irons: Mizuno MP59 Sensicore  XStiff

Wedges: Cleveland Gun Metal 52 56 degree

Putter: Rife: Belly Barbados Tropical

Ball: Titliest Pro V 1

One of pet peeves is some of the announcers for golf tournaments. I like Dottie Pepper, and believe it or not, I think Johnny Miller's good points make up for his faults. Other than those two, I used the mute button a lot and just watch the action.

This bugs me too, but I can't watch it on mute. Too often when they're jumping around between players I need the little voice telling me what's going on where. Also I often half-watch and mostly listen while doing other things, and need the auditory cue to watch something interesting.

I wish they had separate audio tracks for play-by-play and color commentary. This applies to basically all sports....

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

As mentioned many times I assume (didn't read thread): people yelling "get in the hole!" after every damn shot. Could be 550 yards away on a tee shot, and some idiot is yelling "GET IN THE HOLE!!"

I also can't stand being partnered with people who cuss and even YELL after every bad shot. Gets on my nerves then I'm not playing to my fullest. I am getting much better at blocking this out though.

Also I was at the range the other day, and this kid was hitting golf balls with his Dad or something, and was obviously a noob (broke two of the guys clubs LOL). The Dad was trying to help the kid with his shots, telling him oh distance doesn't matter, just need to go straight, then brag about how he just hit the 7 iron 165 yards and the kid going "ohh wow that was a great shot." Was funny seeing the guy mess up shots, and the excuses he came up with.

Grom stand bag
SQ 5900 - 9.5*
Burner 15* and 18*
MT 20* Hybrid
CG Gold 4-PW CG14 52.10 SM 56.14 IC 20-10a 34" Putter SDF balls (was on sale)

a few years ago when the chargers werent a very good team... there would be more raiders fans in san diego than chargers fans... going to a chargers/raiders game back then was like attending a prison/convict reunion... that was my biggest pet peeve... that an thugs wearing raider gear but werent even football fans
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

aww man, i hate watching golf on t.v. now....there are always those idiots on the tee boxes, even on a 550+ par 5 that yell "get in the hole" as soon as the ball is struck! AHH AGGRAVATING!!!!!!!!!! i'm a big sports fan though, i played baseball, and have played in USSSA tournaments and played football, and yeah i would get into the game and start cussing or whatever, and as a fan i get mad too....but damn, some people take things to heart!!!! as if the team was on they're payroll and they act like they gonna fire someone! AHH i hate that man, it's just a damn game no matter what! whether you play it or watch it! also, when people get upset after hitting a bad shot, it's your own damn fault, pay attention to what you're doing next time!!
In My Under Armour Links Stand Bag or PING Hoofer Vantage Team Bag :
i15 9.5°, Project X Graphite -7A3 | i15 15.5°, Project X Graphite -8A4 | S57 2 - PW, Project X 6.5 | Tour-W 56.10/60.8 Project X 6.5 | Redwood Black Satin Anser | Titleist Black | Golf Pride Tour Velvet Round Grips With Logo...

Golf

People who think they are superior to everyone else cause they drive a bmw, mercedes, lexus, or some other uncool but expensive car, and because they are older than you and because they have expensive clubs

People that get mad when I wear gym shorts and a white tee shirt to the golf course (assuming there's no dress code-im not gonna wear that to a fancy place)

Sports

People who are overly critical of pro athletes. Who are you to get mad at John Daly for drinking and doin what ever else he wants to do. Why cant TO and Chad Ochocinco act like they do. You dont get all worked up about people like that, unless they are pro athletes. Also, people who bitch about athletes making too much money. If they are overpaid then why didnt YOU put in the work to become a pro athlete. It all stems from jealousy and its really annoying. People need to get over it that they didnt put in the work to be a pro athlete and stop projecting their jealousy to pro athletes.

Carry Bag
Hyper-X 9 Degree Stiff
Redline 13 Degree Stiff
Halo 19 Degree Hybrid Stiff
BH-5 3-PW Stiff SV Tour 52 Degree Stiff Rac Chrome 56 Degree Stiff Scotty Cameron Oil Can Santa Fe 33" Burner

Golf:

Obviously the "get in the hole" on tee shots is pretty damn stupid. A lot of the color guys on most networks are pretty dumb. The sucking up to Tiger is irritating, from watching TV you'd think Tiger is 10 times better than anyone else and wins every tournament by 10 shots. He's not and doesn't. He's the best by a little bit but still only wins at most 1/5th of the time.

I can't stand grown men who show up to play in a shirt without a collar or wearing jeans. I'll avoid going back to that course or if it's locally I'll never play with them again.

I used to ref basketball and the trash talk directed at officials by coaches and parents in children' s games used to drive me nuts. How is it a good idea to chew the ref out at a 10 year old's basketball game?

I actually like the paint and weird costumes in football, but them I'm a fan of a team that's famous for unusually passionate fans. We ran a kicker out of town for missing a field goal in the playoffs. Threats, plus his wife got hassled at the grocery store and someone dumped a load of manure on his lawn. Football is pretty serious in Regina! They use a lot of green paint and wear watermelons on their heads!

• 3 months later...
Happened today when I was playing...guy sinks a putt then scoops his ball out of the hole with the toe of his putter. It didn't come out the first try, so he dug it in again and clearly damaged the lip of the hole while retrieving his ball. I see people do this occasionally, and I think it is poor form. If you're too lazy (or injured) to bend over and pick up the ball, at least get one of those rubber ball retrievers on the grip of your putter, right?

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Adams Idea Tech hybrid 19*
Titleist DCI 981 irons
Ping iwedge 56*, 52*Carbite Putter

Next time, tell him to stop doing it, as it is damaging the hole.

Seems like a difficult way to get the ball out of the hole. People with a bad back or injuries should get a rubber thingy to put on the end of the grip.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Next time, tell him to stop doing it, as it is damaging the hole.

About half of the people I've ever seen do this aren't physically impaired, just lazy. I've called a few on it in the past. Don't seem to see it as much any more as I used to.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

It's just tough to broach the issue with a guy who is my father's age, but next time I will offer to pick up the ball for him. Unfortunately, I see these things alot at the course I play (not fixing pitch marks, not replacing divots, etc.)

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Adams Idea Tech hybrid 19*
Titleist DCI 981 irons
Ping iwedge 56*, 52*Carbite Putter

It's just tough to broach the issue with a guy who is my father's age, but next time I will offer to pick up the ball for him. Unfortunately, I see these things alot at the course I play (not fixing pitch marks, not replacing divots, etc.)

Ask him politely to not do it, as it damages the cup. If he refuses, make it a point to walk in his line on every green - if he complains about it, just say "Hey, it's no big deal."

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

Yeah, I've seen this before too and I just shake my head.

I look at my putter (SC) and I would drop dead before dipping the head in the hole to scoop up a ball. Think of the damage to the putter head! Scratches, dings, etc etc.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

I would be worried about hurting my putter too.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Ask him politely to not do it, as it damages the cup. If he refuses, make it a point to walk in his line on every green - if he complains about it, just say "Hey, it's no big deal."

2 wrongs don't make a right.

The right thing to do with this situation is to just politely talk to him about it and ask him not to do it anymore.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

• Administrator
I've done it with a wedge if I chip close and just tap in with the wedge, but I delicately put the wedge in, cup the ball, and slowly pull it out so the ball just pops out. Then I scoop it up again with the wedge. No damage, and tremendous care.

I've seen guys do this who aren't handicapped too and they damage the hole half the time it seems like.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

get Canadian on his a$$...pull his shirt over his head, and knock him into next week....!

...ok kidding of course.......but thought it was funny!! hahah!
but agreed....not a good thing to do - I would never put my Scotty through that kinda torture
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Note: This thread is 2522 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!