IGNORED

What is your biggest pet-peeve in Golf?

rckwd
Note: This thread is 2513 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Aging Boomer

I am blessed with good patience for slow players ahead of me, and I get sick of playing partners who whine about it.

Most people who play slowly are doing so because they're playing badly.  They'd love to be playing quicker.

I am the same way. I have played more than half my rounds this year alone, so it always seems like I am waiting on the group in front of me. I actually feel bad when I'm standing there watching them on the green, because that's when most people notice you waiting on them. I always think I'm rushing them.

The last two times, when I came up on a group, they offered for me to join them at the next tee. The first group, three old guys, were on their front while I was on my back nine, so I played 6 holes with them and had a blast. The last time, it was a young husband and wife and I came up on them on #9. When we got to the green we saw all the carts (I've walked every round this year, the old guys and the young couple were walking as well) backed up at Hole #10 and the husband said "screw this I'll come back later tonight" (Our course has Daily Greens fees). I continued on.

This weekend I went out with my two sons, aged 25 and 13. They rode together and I walked. The starter put us on the back nine and said the course should be wide open for us. He even came up on us at the 3rd tee and asked if we would stop in the clubhouse and let them know when we make the turn. I thought that was odd, but went back to golfing. When we made the turn, about 6pm, there were at least 7 carts lined up on Hole 1 waiting to tee off. My oldest son started whining, I calmed him down and said lets get in line!

Sadly every hole on our back nine was like this, waiting 1-2 groups back to tee off. The oldest son threatened to leave several times, but he never did. I was surprised at how impatient he was. We were supposed to be having fun as Father and Sons. I didn't mind the slow play at all, in fact even with the huge backup on our back nine, our round took just under 5 hours, I was expecting worse when I saw the pile-up at Hole 1.

For me is when people talk to your ball when you hit it..  "Get up", "start cutting"... I HATE THAT!

My fiance's sister did that with her son. He hit the ball and she went crazy. It was terribly embarrassing.

I guess it's better than the dad who constantly berates his kid after every bad shot, ensuring that the kid will never enjoy the game.

Can't stand it when someone stands in my peripheral vision when I'm putting. They move and sniff and practice, or cast a shadow over my line or the hole. Was playing with a guy the other day who did that and finally said to him, "If you're standing in someone's periphery you should be both quiet and NOT THERE!"

this guys at work tryed to say i dont know any thing about golf lol.any ways he asked me how many strokes is a mulligan i told him i dont know cous iv never dealt with mulligans. oviously he they take mulligans i hate that guy that talkes how good he is an how you or somone else knows nothing about golf but yet he himself takes mulligans for real u got to be ******* me.

Originally Posted by lllllsp1d3rllll

i think ill got golfing with this guy and take a friend and only talk to my friend and laph with him and wisper and make fun of this guy every time he hits the ball.

*laugh; *whisper

Originally Posted by Kapanda

*laugh; *whisper

Out of all the ways that lllllsp1d3rllll defiles the English language, you choose to correct him only for these two words?

this guys at work tryed to say i dont know any thing about golf lol.any ways he asked me how many strokes is a mulligan i told him i dont know cous iv never dealt with mulligans. oviously he they take mulligans i hate that guy that talkes how good he is an how you or somone else knows nothing about golf but yet he himself takes mulligans for real u got to be ******* me.

If your golf is anything like your English and typing skills, then it is a reasonable conclusion you do not know anything about golf. My God, I get a friggin' headache trying to read your posts.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

At this point I feel like he's just trolling...and successfully so, because it is irritating me :)

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

a new one....the "overly celebratory" guy.  The guy in the group who goes way too overboard with 'good shot!" and "nice one!" and all the other various sayings at way too loud of a volume

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Originally Posted by Paradox

a new one....the "overly celebratory" guy.  The guy in the group who goes way too overboard with 'good shot!" and "nice one!" and all the other various sayings at way too loud of a volume

I'll piggieback on this... I discovered another one for me.  The "nice shot" guy.  I realize that I am getting better... I also realize that in the past I did not hit as quality a shot as I do now.  I also think it is very nice that you notice that I am hitting better shots... but damn.  Every shot is not worthy of a "nice shot."  Am I being overly sensitive.  I bet I heard nice shot 50-60 times yesterday

Originally Posted by Double Bogey

I'll piggieback on this... I discovered another one for me.  The "nice shot" guy.  I realize that I am getting better... I also realize that in the past I did not hit as quality a shot as I do now.  I also think it is very nice that you notice that I am hitting better shots... but damn.  Every shot is not worthy of a "nice shot."  Am I being overly sensitive.  I bet I heard nice shot 50-60 times yesterday

If it really is a nice shot (by my standards) I don't mind hearing nice shot.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

Originally Posted by Paradox

I think the last part is key for me.  During a competition yesterday, we could hear hollers and shouts in celebration loud enough to belong in a football stadium.  I'm sure they were some nice putts/hole-outs (one was a chip-in, I believe), but I say the only shot worthy of a football holler is an ace, double-eagle/albatross.  We could hear guys from 3 holes away.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by lllllsp1d3rllll

Here, let me try:

ill be like it and waas the when he wont hit ball with the shot he liike cuse he dusnt undirstaand wy i am gooder then himm so u gott over with the reeson hee nevir wuz abel to maake it in the waay he wants to maake it and the.

I know, it's not as good, but I'm just learning sp1d3r English...

dak4n6

Originally Posted by Mr3Wiggle

If it really is a nice shot (by my standards) I don't mind hearing nice shot.

I find golf shots to be like reverse farts, I tend to enjoy everyone else's a bit more than I probably should but always think my own stink.  I never say nice shot unless I truly think it is a nice shot.  But I have also learned to be sensitive to the fact that "my standards" may be too low in some cases.

Mike

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2513 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!