IGNORED

WOW! Talk about a letdown...Worst major I've seen, so far

Three Putt
Note: This thread is 5418 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Re: the weather favoring any group. In the end, over time, it all even outs.

No it doesn't. There's a decided difference between the one group and the others.

You can't compare some regular tour events and how those might "even out" to how the weather favors some in a major. That's just stupid. This may be the only major some people contend in (or could have contended in) - it's not a regular Tour event.
I also have not heard any of the players say he got the "short straw"

You haven't been listening. Several people have been asked about it - and commented on it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The bottom line is simple: when you are given a tee time, go out and play. You cannot control your tee time or the weather. The Champion will be the one who controls his golf game, his emotions, and his thoughts of course management. Nothing else matters.

And that person will be a very deserving National Champion.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

I've heard that the problem there is the infrastructure (parking, room for corporate tents, etc.).

Infrastructure is not the problem at Cog Hill, it is a set of greens that are a bit too easy for the U.S. Open. I hope the renovation works out for them.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

Tiger might be the most gifted golfer ever but the fact is when he is down even by a stoke, he isn't coming back. Despite the weather he had a chance to make birdies all day today and his putter left him.

Tiger might be the most gifted golfer ever but the fact is when he is down even by a stoke, he isn't coming back. Despite the weather he had a chance to make birdies all day today and his putter left him.

It's a fact. Down a stroke on the 72nd hole of the U.S. Open there is NO WAY Tiger is making a birdie putt to tie. NO WAY.

in the bag...

3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

That's an unfortunate post by you - embarassing, actually.

Think back one year ago. Tiger down one shot on the final hole and roles in a 12 foot slider for birdie to tie and force a playoff. You should go find another board to post on.

That's an unfortunate post by you - embarassing, actually.

My point was if he doesn't have the 54 hole lead or a share in a major, he will not win. That genius is a fact.

My point was if he doesn't have the 54 hole lead or a share in a major, he will not win. That genius is a fact.

That wasn't your point. It's plain as day what you were saying.

That wasn't your point. It's plain as day what you were saying.

Yeah watching the US open I couldn't remember back to last year. Use your head.

Yeah watching the US open I couldn't remember back to last year. Use your head.

It was obvious you didn't remember and you looked like a fool. Tough spot for you.

You don't seem to be questioning his talent or his game.

So are you questioning his intelligence, his heart, his will or his guts? Or should you just admit this is just a pointless bit of trivia and move on?

in the bag...

Wasn't Tiger leading last year going into the fourth round?

Has he ever come back to win after being down at the start of the fourth round? If not, that's not really pointless IMO. That's a pretty significant tidbit.

C9 VFT Ti
C9 5w
P2 Hybrid 3
P2 Deep Cavity 4-PW
SGS 52, 56 Putter

Wasn't Tiger leading last year going into the fourth round?

That's not what the guy posted - he claimed Tiger has never comeback from being down by a shot. He said nothing of 54 hole leads or deficits. The guy is an Els fan with an agenda against Woods.

Sorry, soup, it was clear to me what he was saying, but both you guys need to relax. But seriously, an agenda against Woods? That's just weird.

It seems remarkable that he hasn't come back from a 54-hole deficit given the sheer number of wins he's racked up. I wonder why. I also wonder whether he's unique in that statistics -- i.e., how often is the 54-hole leader upset overall? Is Tiger's stat remarkable, or is it just that the majority of tournaments are won by the 54-hole leader?

Veering back on topic, I guess the 36- and 54-hole leader got upset this time around. Perhaps not a surprise. Just wish I'd been able to watch the end of the final round.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

This Open sucked! No real flow with all the weather delays,N.Y. "fans",and a easy golf course by comparision{wet greens}. Johnny Miller even invented some more new words during the broadcast.Maybe the British will be better!

Indeed it sucked large testicles.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

Not exactly an "easy" course, even with the wet greens. 5 guys under par, 4 under wins it. Dry course, typical LI conditions and 5 over would have been lucky to win it. 2018 or 2020 Open back at Bethpage.

Note: This thread is 5418 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!