IGNORED

How far do you hit your clubs?

Note: This thread is 3850 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You can believe me or not... Being young helps a lot. I don't really understand the negative attitude and sarcasm towards big numbers though. Sure there's plenty of lower numbers but there are going to be bigger numbers too

Not.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not.

God, I hope not. Can you imagine how horrible your game would have to be to play off of a 5 hcp when you're capable of hitting par 5's with driver, 9-iron?! :~(

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

God, I hope not. Can you imagine how horrible your game would have to be to play off of a 5 hcp when you're capable of hitting par 5's with driver, 9-iron?! :~(

:( Number 1 on my private course is short if you get it over a valley (~275 carry), and if you land it over it bounces on a downslope and rolls for another 30 yards. I've gotten to the par 5 with a 9 iron before. Hell, someone I was playing with got there with a gap wedge once (downwind; he's a 1.2 hcp though).

Originally Posted by tmac20

:(

Number 1 on my private course is short if you get it over a valley (~275 carry), and if you land it over it bounces on a downslope and rolls for another 30 yards. I've gotten to the par 5 with a 9 iron before. Hell, someone I was playing with got there with a gap wedge once (downwind; he's a 1.2 hcp though).

I had a 320 yard drive on a slightly downhill 400 yard par 4 in St Thomas that flew 220 and rolled 100.  But I would say that my driving distance is 220 carry, not 320.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

You can believe me or not... Being young helps a lot. I don't really understand the negative attitude and sarcasm towards big numbers though. Sure there's plenty of lower numbers but there are going to be bigger numbers too

"Or not" is the correct answer. You do understand that with the numbers you posted, you would basically be the longest hitter on the pga tour.

Originally Posted by MyrtleBeachGolf

"Or not" is the correct answer. You do understand that with the numbers you posted, you would basically be the longest hitter on the pga tour.

But you also have to remember, the players on the PGA Tour do not swing all out. They swing at around 80% most of the time. I am not saying this guy isn't BSing, because he probably is, but it is possible to hit that far.

But you also have to remember, the players on the PGA Tour do not swing all out. They swing at around 80% most of the time. I am not saying this guy isn't BSing, because he probably is, but it is possible to hit that far.

This defense makes no sense. The poster in question says he AVERAGES 320 yards with his Driver. That means he must pop a few out there 350 for everyone he doesn't hit flush and ONLY goes 290...LOLOLOL! We aren't talking about how far his longest hit ever was with each club in his bag. And the tour players hit the ball so well with such efficiency in their golf swing to reach those distances. You're now arguing that this young, 160lb poster has a perfectly efficient golf swing AND generates more club head speed than everyone on tour, that his averages are up there with the best hitters of the golf ball in the world? This discussion is becoming laughable. Sorry, but that entire post is just Internet bs. Or he is so naive that he is over estimating his distances by at least 30%.

Originally Posted by MyrtleBeachGolf

This defense makes no sense. The poster in question says he AVERAGES 320 yards with his Driver. That means he must pop a few out there 350 for everyone he doesn't hit flush and ONLY goes 290...LOLOLOL! We aren't talking about how far his longest hit ever was with each club in his bag. And the tour players hit the ball so well with such efficiency in their golf swing to reach those distances. You're now arguing that this young, 160lb poster has a perfectly efficient golf swing AND generates more club head speed than everyone on tour, that his averages are up there with the best hitters of the golf ball in the world? This discussion is becoming laughable.

Sorry, but that entire post is just Internet bs. Or he is so naive that he is over estimating his distances by at least 30%.

I wasn't arguing anything - in fact, I said that he is BSing.

I also didn't see that he was only 160lb; yes, I agree with you now, it is impossible.

But it IS possible for somebody to have those averages (if you're tall and 180lb+), in fact, I've played with a couple of young players who have those averages. But they swing all out every time, which no tour players do. If Gary Woodland swung all out he'd probably hit the ball around 340 average.

I wasn't arguing anything - in fact, I said that he is BSing.  I also didn't see that he was only 160lb; yes, I agree with you now, it is impossible.  But it IS possible for somebody to have those averages (if you're tall and 180lb+), in fact, I've played with a couple of young players who have those averages. But they swing all out every time, which no tour players do. If Gary Woodland swung all out he'd probably hit the ball around 340 average.

I know you weren't arguing. I'm just presenting my case. As far as Gary Woodland...I'm not sure he could average 340 yards. For every shot he ONLY hits 300, he would HAVE to hit one 380 just to keep the average. Not likely. Also, this thread, as stated by the OP is specifically requesting your average distance with each club with your NORMAL full swing. He's wasn't asking people to provide their career best shot ever with each club or asking for a max distance possible when swinging out of your shoes.

Originally Posted by spentmiles

Driver - So far that you wouldn't want your wife to see me hit it.

3+ Wood - You'd get tired and have to sit down while walking to my ball.

1 Iron - Wooden tees catch fire like match heads even when I lay off.

2 Iron - If you look at the ground after I hit, you can find the little plastic letters and numbers from the ball.

3 Iron - Used this when I hit my 182nd hole in one yesterday, par 6, 783 yards, back pin, head wind screaming like a flaming eagle.

4 Iron - I swung this and a guy eating lunch shit himself.

5 Iron - Not very far (340-360) because I removed the grip and shaft so I can just swing the club head in my palm.

6 Iron - I once swung hard and hit a ball back in time.

7 Iron - If the zombie apocalypse broke out, all I'd need is a 7 iron and a bucket of balls - BOOM HEAD SHOT.

8 Iron - I can hit it on the green of any local course - from the pavement of my driveway.

9 Iron - Had my 9 iron bent to 180* so I could play left and right handed at the same time.

PW - 289, every single time. 2-8-9.

GW - 279, every single time, 2-7-9

SW - I swing in the trap and diamonds come flying out

84* - 150 with 1/10th swing (all I every need)

Putter - I can beat you with only my putter in my bag (and a telescoping ball retriever so we can fetch your mishits).

Umbrella - 120 Yards.

Basically, on the par 3's, I'm 84*, maybe putter.  Par 4's, 7 Iron, Putter,  Par 5's, 5 Iron, umbrella, putter.

I'd go on the tour but I'm too busy posting my numbers on the internet to play.

We should totally play sometime! I can only hit driver on holes that run north-south, anything east-west is a no go. Just too risky, don't wanna **** up the earth's rotation.

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Jeebus... I was hitting my 6i 150 yards and pretty straight today on the range, and felt like a king.

Then I came in here and read this thread....

Russ B.

Jeebus... I was hitting my 6i 150 yards and pretty straight today on the range, and felt like a king. Then I came in here and read this thread.... :cry:

Don't believe much of what you read in this thread. It's littered with exaggeration.

I love this thread! It's entertaining. The funny thing is, some post huge numbers with longer clubs, but are near me with short clubs. How is that possible? For me: Dr - 265 if I hit it well and get the run of the fairway (no wind and level fairway). Average? I have no idea. I have my share of mishits...

I love this thread! It's entertaining. The funny thing is, some post huge numbers with longer clubs, but are near me with short clubs. How is that possible? For me: Dr - 265 if I hit it well and get the run of the fairway (no wind and level fairway). Average? I have no idea. I have my share of mishits...

Oops... Dr - to continue... If I had to guess my average, I'd say 240 or 245. 3w - again, not sure. I can roll it up on a green from 240 yds away. I'm guessing a good strike would carry 220 yds?? 3 hyb - 195 yds 4i - 185 5i - 175 6i - 165 7i - 155 8i - 145 9i - 135 Pw - 128 (not sure why...) GW - 118 56* - 90ish 60* - 80ish

I don't hit my clubs very far but I do hit the ball a decent distance!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 3850 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!