• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • I have lots of practice left today (such as much full swing practice to do!), but I did my morning short game + putting practice so I'm going to declare that for challenge purposes. Day 113.  Nearby putting green at a real course;  I've been debating putting a friend's 54 into my bag (since I'm currently carrying 50-56-58), so I did some chipping and pitching (quarter shots) with it today.  I'm also working on these shots as pivots (I noticed only yesterday I have gotten very arms-y).  I then putted for a while, including a 4' drill.  After 18 putts, I made 10.  My first pass of 12 I made half, then I made 4, and then the last two took forever to fall.  I'm not sure if bad positioning or I stink or what.  I did notice when trying these further that I don't think I stand consistently the way I do with a full swing. Let me explain that last part:  When I hit a full swing club, I'm very good at setting the club down and setting up the right, or near to the right, distance from it.  When I hit a truly poor long game shot, it's likely I wasn't paying attention on setup (not that setup guarantees a good result or anything).  I realized with putting I sort of stand behind the ball, then I saddle up to it, then I set down my putter.  I need to find a better way to set up to make sure I'm not introducing a meaningless variable into it.  To the Utley book I go... [Later today will include several dozen full swing shots, the same focus as the last two days]
    • That would be great, but hopefully it won't devolve into what we just saw on the KFC Tour qualifier a few days ago.   Just to be safe, prohibit their respective fathers from caddying that day. This is worth noting:  the event isn't the "Men's Open," it's the "Open."  You don't have to be a man to attempt to qualify.  This isn't meant to disparage anyone who has attempted to qualify, but rather is to point out that it is open to all.
    • Some backswing work today. Trying to stop the backswing shorter and keep the back of the left hand facing away more.    
    • Tour players aren't playing for handicaps and they are all playing in the same competition on the same course under the same local rules.
    • What would you prefer begetter person?
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Josh90
      Josh90
      (31 years old)
    2. Maj Mike Jones
      Maj Mike Jones
      (77 years old)
    3. mattm16
      mattm16
      (43 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...