IGNORED

Modified Scotty Cameron Detour putter

Note: This thread is 4113 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So what if it isn't worth "Full market value"?
1. It works for him.
2. It is still worth a nice chunk because it is an SC and will still putt well.

Is your Vokey wedge worth zero dollars if you have it sole ground? No. So shut up if you don't know what you are talking about.

I probably wouldn't do this myself, but I wouldn't shy away from buying it if it worked well for me.

I think modding clubs is a nice idea. Certainly makes you think about equipment a bit more than just accepting what the companies can give you.

Heck, I'd say that any research facility weighs multi-million pounds

. Just kidding... Many people custom build their clubs because it's what works for them. I see this as being in the same category. He didn't lop off the topline of an iron or the back of a driver head. Just the tail of a putter that I'm fairly sure was added to an existing design in the first place.

So what if it isn't worth "Full market value"?

1. It doesnt work for him, hence him wanting to add weght. 2. It is worth nothing, no matter how well it putts. It could make him the best putter in the world, it doesnt change the fact that the putter itself is worthless. Is a ground vokey wedge worth anything? No it is not. No-one is going to buy home modified equipment for what it would be worth used and not ground. So shut up if you dont know what you are talking about.

and the cutt off letters are way more distracting than a curved lne could ever be. Things need to be pleasing to the eye to be effective.

I do agree its his to do as he pleases with, and I hope it works for him. But the club isnt worth anymore than a chunk of metal the same weight would be.

I personally would not modify any of my equipment, otherwise I would have bought something else in the first place. However it is obviously worth something to somebody(the op). Therefore it is not worthless, and i'm absolutely positive that if he posted it on ebay then it would sell and there would be bids. The auction would not end with zero bids.

Why is everyone so concerned about resale value? Shouldn't the 1st priority be getting the ball in the hole?

Besides, you can pick these things up for under a hundo. I game a Scotty, but not everything he makes is good.

If it works for the owner, power to him.

i dont know why everyone worried about resale,but uo the op i like it better cut of a curved line is goofy,he did what he wanted,not what you wanted he wanted a differant balance and thats how he done it,along with adding weights to the butt

1. It doesnt work for him, hence him wanting to add weght.

You have no concept of value at all. First off, It's still an expesnive milled putter and will still preform. Worth less, yes, but still worth more than a walmart junker. Same with a ground wedge. Still preforms, just not the stock specs. Maybe it'll lose some points with some people for not being done by a shop, but who cares. I never expect anything back out of my clubs. I see them and purchased and then used. Any trade in is just a nice perk when I get something new. Get off the money factor and think about the performance/enjoyment/confidence factor.

How does the lettering affect anything? It's on the bottom side that nobody will ever see while standing over a putt. Many people add weight to their putters through weight kits, he just happens to add it in a different spot and method. How are you so concerned with this guy's putter anyway?

im not concerned about his putter Iowa, and I fully agree that its his to do what he pleases.

What im arguing about is its worth, which is now very little. im guessing 20 bucks at best if he was to try to sell it on ebay, and thats being very generous.

All im saying is if he hated the putter, he should have tried others he liked and sold or traded for it, because he doesnt yet know how the putter is even going to perform...

it doesnt bother me that he cut it, but to say it has monetary value, I would have to disagree.

Speaking for myself, I could care less about the resale value of this guy's putter. Not what I would have done, but what I think most people are expressing is remorse for destruction of a "fine" putter.

Ever see Gone In 60 Seconds? When that gorgeous Shelby GT 500 is just mangled and turned into a block of metal at the end? I cringe every time I see that.

It's that kind of response, albeit on a much much much smaller scale.

Speaking for myself, I could care less about the resale value of this guy's putter. Not what I would have done, but what I think most people are expressing is remorse for destruction of a "fine" putter.

Thankfully that Shelby was just a clone! I found that out watching an interview with Jolie and Cage.

Since you're asking opinions of how it looks.....

I think it looks absolutely ridiculous. It's horrible/ugly. What's the point of cutting up a putter like that? Feel free to do whatever you want to your own stuff, but you asked for opinions of how it looks.

• 6 months later...
Congrats Cut Back. Hopefully everyone will be happy now. You've gone from a some kind of putter-butcher (majority opinion) to an putter-innovator. Maybe Scotty will give you a call and offer you a job. I'm not sure why it got so many guys worked up, I'm guessing what you did is the kind of thing that Scotty does all the time. Make a putter, take it apart, tinker with it. The difference is he doesn't post his experiments on the internet and then ask people to comment on it. :) You should change your "In the bag" to Scotty Cameron Detour (Cut Back Limited Edition). ;) Happy putting.

Note: This thread is 4113 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!