IGNORED

Modified Scotty Cameron Detour putter

Note: This thread is 4107 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I modified my Scotty Cameron Detour putter earlier today. Me and my dad cut off a portion (about half) of the end and turned it in to a toe-balanced putter. I couldn't stand the distracting line on it. I have pictures to show as well. I would just like to know what you guys think of it.

So you cut a piece off to reduce the weight and that modification will allow you to glue some weight back on?

How did you determine that sawing it in half would make it perform better?

I hope it works well for you.

i'm all for self-modifications, but for the life of me can't understand the logic of butchering a $300 dollar putter

well, i guess i can, but i dont think i would ever do it myself

• Administrator
i'm all for self-modifications, but for the life of me can't understand the logic of butchering a $300 dollar putter

Ditto. I think it's hideous, and if you wanted something that looked like that, he already sells Newport Detours.

Ick.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I tried both putters, and the detour had a better feel for me. The newport did'nt have the nice feel the detour had. It felt like i was hitting rock-hard balls every time I putted with it, even when they were soft balls like a titleist. Cutting of half of the back made it have just a straight line, instead of a curved line. So now I can just have a straight putting stroke with it. I don't think I would of gotten much for it anyway. They are selling on ebay for less than I bought it for.

You couldve sold that putter and bought a Newport 2 Detour...instead of butchering it and making it lose all of its value

What he said.

As an owner of several Scottys, I have to say I am mortified.

Throw it in the trash can, why ruin a good putter? here's a tip for you, cut all the excess metal off the tow of your irons you really don't need it and we all know hitting balls on the tow produces ugly shots.

its not a matter of what he could have sold it for, just that its absolutely worthless now. He could have sold or traded it for a putter he liked instead of turning it into a paperweight.

I think the odd look and cut off letters would screw me up more than the curved line ever could.

Im more angry because I was looking for a used one and would have given him decent coin for it if he had just put it up for sale :p

no, it is worthless. As in, worth zero dollars. Absolutely no worth. He may like how it feels and plays, but that doesnt change that it is worth nothing, and he still doesnt knoow if he likes how it will perform.

well i guess if he likes it, more power to him, if he sinks more putts then great, its priceless. Plus I am sure for 100$ he can send i back to scotty and they can replace the tail. Though I still think he wouldve gone for a diff model instead of the knife.

I think modding clubs is a nice idea. Certainly makes you think about equipment a bit more than just accepting what the companies can give you.

Then again, trying to take on Titleists multi-million pound research department with a hacksaw probably isn't a great idea :)

If it works for him, fair play.

Note: This thread is 4107 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!