Sign in to follow this  
ApocG10

I can finally stand again..

Note: This thread is 3886 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

12 posts / 1344 viewsLast Reply

3 and a half weeks ago I was burned badly at work when I tripped and stepped into a mould of molten zink that we were plating parts in. 3rd degree burns to my left foot and leg, no permanent damage, but definately screwed up my summer.

Today I tred to stand (have tried every day for the last 5) and was able to keep pressure on my foot for 10 minutes before I had to down.

Obviously I cant play golf, but now I figure I can start putting on my putting strip at home, and by the end of the week, hopefully i'll be able to make it to the course to putt and chip on the practice green. I cant play actual golf till mid july at least, and even then, I can only play with a cart.

So, what I was wondering if anyone has any drills and games to play to keep myself occupied and improve my putting. Its one of my favourite parts of the game, and this will gve me a chance to work on it exclusively. Im looking at spending hours putting, so some variety in drills would be important.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, im adding some pics of my leg two weeks after it happened, fore those who like that kind of gore. Be forewarned, its kind of nasty, so im putting a long space between here and the pictures to give everyone a chance to exit the thread if they are a little squeemish.
Pics

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

WOW, that must've hurt like hell. Damn, those are CRAZY burns? How are you doing now? Will that ever heal up?

Best of luck to you man.

oh ya, im healing great after a couple of surgeries. No permanent damage, it just screwed up golf and motorcycle season for me :(

HOLY CRAP. Best of luck to you, its crap like that makes me glad I dont do manual labor any more :)

lol, i co-own the shop it happened in with my dad. I havent done manual labor forever, I was just plating some parts from some dirtbikes im working on for myself.

Thats the sad part.

Sorry to hear that happened, but good to hear that your are healing.

I'm not sure what you can do to practice putting. Are you getting around in a wheelchair or in bed for the most part? If nothing else, you can get some grippers or a racquetball and work on your forearm and hand strength. Best of luck and keep us posted.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow man, hope you can get back on the course soon. Definitely puts things in perspective, we all take too much for granted.

That said, will there be permanent disfigurement?

Hey! Great news on your recovery and best wishes to you.

I have to admit, I was way too squeamish to open up those pictures and look at them in any detail. They looked nasty enough just as thumbnails. Anyway, I really sympathise with you. Hope you get your game back on track soon.

Steve

Good luck for your recovery. Thank God it was muscle rather than bone.

Note: This thread is 3886 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!