IGNORED

Most frustrating thing about golf for you?

deronsizemore
Note: This thread is 5390 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Cost and my play not being consistant.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

slicing the ball to the left and no matter what no one can fix it :(

*Chaparral High School Golf Team*
Bag
r7 425 Driver
Burner 3 Wood
Synchron Stainless 7 Wood (thing saves me every time) RAC 3-9 Irons TOUR 60° Lob Wedge Wedgeand 6600 DFX PutterHome Courses:Wild Horse

Hitting a great shot and then follow it up with a not so good shot.

Come to Chirstchurch, it just seems to rain overnight so you get to play during the day! The mud on the other hand...

For me it's three putting for bogey. Especially as I don't hit many greens in regulation as it is. Also, duffing chips that only go a couple of yards when they need to go a lot further.

today was the most frustrating thing about golf... aaarrrggghh...
broke 80 on sunday and couldnt miss if i tried...
today shot a 90 and looked like a hack on the fw's... great drives... and big chunks... short game just wasnt there either
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Obviously tons of things frustrate me, but mostly its that I am playing much better golf than I was a year ago or a year and a half ago, and I'm not shooting better scores. To most people that would sound silly but I'm sure as golfers you all know what I'm saying.

I kinda know what you mean, and agree a lot with that.

My scores are dramatically improving. Very seldom do I see two or three 8/9s on the Score Card now, but overall my ball stirking, GIRs, and general course management are improving fast. I now feel disappointed if I don't make a GIR on a Par 4 or 3. The most frustrating thing with my Golf is that the first two holes at my course, just seem to hang on my mind. a Par 4, and 5. Usually going into the Par 3 with a plus 2/3/4 on my scorecard. The last 5 times, I've hit GIRs on the Par 3 and usually sunk the Par or a Birdie, If I could somehow get to the 3rd Hole with +1 or so on the Par, I think it might be quite interesting for my mental side to see how I'd cope with the rest. I've recently been scoring, +6 through 9 on my course, and usually the 3/4 dropped shots of the round are at the first two holes. The Par 5 is not particulary hard either. 510 Yards, but the rough is brutal so the key is fairway. The First Hole again, 440 par 4, it has a dip in the middle around the 230 mark so if you get your Driver, even fairway/hybrid 3 sweet, you'll get the extra roll maybe 40 yards to set you up with a nice go for the Pin, which only has 2 Bunkers on the far side. The trouble is, from the tee box, there are 4 Log Cabin Houses to the right, Wild Rough, which if you find is hard to get out and a knock on into the fairway. Overall, I can't complain.. I'm hitting the ball pretty good overall, the sweet-spot most of the time. My distance charts are usually quite good, putting is improving a lot. If I could and should look to improve my Bunker Shots and Driving, I'd be over the moon.

waiting for the beer girl when its 100 degrees out!
Driver: Adams insight A4 Prototype
loft 9.0 face 2 degrees open
Matrix Ozik X high kick point
3 wood Tour Edge Exotic CB2
loft 15 Mitsubishi Fubiki XHybrid Cleveland launcer 3I Aldila NV XIrons ...

My inconsistency of the tee and when this happens I loose my head... last round, I started of the 10th tee, so when I get to the 6th tee (14th hole) +3... Hooked the drive... OB, ended with a triple, then double, par and bogey. That really kills me.

Grertings!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Cost and my play not being consistant.

Coast is cheap for me $7!!

*Chaparral High School Golf Team*
Bag
r7 425 Driver
Burner 3 Wood
Synchron Stainless 7 Wood (thing saves me every time) RAC 3-9 Irons TOUR 60° Lob Wedge Wedgeand 6600 DFX PutterHome Courses:Wild Horse

I hate it when i hit a tee shot i think is perfect and cant find he ball or if its in a divot. I also HATE putting a shot to 5-6 feet and then blowing the birdie putt by by 4 feet and missing the putt.

Are you sure your not me or my doppelganger?

That is deadset my golf game, it is so annoying & my short game is sooo annoying i hit bunker shots/chips/pitches perfect & then miss 2-6 foot putts... i'll miss 2+ of them every round and thats why i'm off 4 not scratch. Someday it will all come together, after practicing for 3 hours every day on the putting green maybe
In my black carry bag
Driver- 909 D2 10.5* 76g Stiff UST Proforce V2
3-Wood 909 F3 14.5* 82g Stiff UST Proforce V2
Hybrid- 585-H 19* 85g Stiff Flex Adilla Proto
Irons- Z-B Forged 3iron-PW Project X 6.0Gap Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 52|8Sand Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 56|10Putter- Scotty Cameron...

hitting a great tee shot in the fairway and messing up my approach!

being about 20 yards off the green in 2 on a par 5 and walking off with bogey!

hitting a good shot which just goes into the rough and losing the ball!

hitting a good shot and finding a bad lie!

duffing chips!

3 putting from 10 feet!

having a solid round until 1 hole screws it up towards the end!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

The most frustrating thing for me is to take almost an entire round to realise an error and correct it. Yesterday I tried playing only with my irons and was really struggling as I was facing a lot of 40-60m approach shots and not faring well with my half swing. On the 15th I finally realised that I needed to lay up to 100-120m and get a full swing club in. Finished with 2 pars and 2 bogeys that I had a par putt for - if only I had worked that out before I started the round!

I agree with those who have mentioned improving their games but not really seeing it show up on the scorecard.

My swing looks and feels 1000% better than just a few months ago. I feel like I've developed all the raw tools I need to be a real player: the 300-yard tee shot, the fairway wood off the deck, the low trajectory stinger, the bump and run, the flop shot, the bunker shot, etc.

I just can't put it all together at once, so I'm still shooting bogey-golf at best.

I'll slice my first drive into the woods/water (even though I know exactly what causes the slice and how to fix it) and have to hit 3 from the tee box, only to crush my second attempt right down the middle of the fairway (why not on the first attempt?). But by then par is already out of the question.

Or my first tee-shot will be crushed down the center and then I'll chunk or shank my approach shot. Of course if I drop another ball and hit it "just for fun" it will drop onto the center of the green (again, why not on the first attempt?).

Then after taking 6 strokes to get to the green I'll drain a 20-foot putt. But if I get there in regulation I'll 3-putt.

Tim

1)Distance sometimes.
2)trying a complicated shot that you have done right many times ,then watching as your ball flies away from the hole

Hackers that won't let you play through which results in you having to wait 15 minutes for every shot.

Golf is a game in which the ball always lies poorly and the player always lies well.

being about 20 yards off the green in 2 on a par 5 and walking off with bogey!

Putting- esp. when you have the right aim, or speed, but it stops just short one way or the other

Something I thought of that might help some inconsistency you guys (including me) have is maybe at the range, set up an imaginary hole. Drive, guess the distance, pick a spot that should be the same distance (a ball or marker on the range) try to hit it till you get to the "green" then use a pocket hole (like from wal-mart) if the grass isn't too tall, or walk over to the putting green if it is close and guess the distance. Viola! simulated hole for 10 cents. Gonna try it next time I hit the range.

consistency....that's all I need....@#$%234 !!!

Driver TP Burner 8.5* Stiff
3 Wood SQ 15* stiff
5 Wood SQ 19* stiff
Irons MP 67 (3-PW) stiff
Wedge 52* and 56* stiffPutter Mtisushiba Ball

Today I had a 20-or-so foot putt that just baaaaarely missed the cup at a really nice speed. Right behind the cup... a drop off.

I went from almost sinking a 20 footer to 3 putting :(

Cobra GT stand bag
Cobra S9-1 F Speed
Ben Hogan Apex Edge 3-PW
Titleist Vokey Wedges 56, 60

Note: This thread is 5390 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!