IGNORED

Most frustrating thing about golf for you?

Note: This thread is 4241 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For me it's knowing what kind of a shot that you normally hit (draw) yet every single time you swing you get something different from the result that you're expecting (<-- this is me right now) Can you say "major confidence drainer?"

What about you?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously tons of things frustrate me, but mostly its that I am playing much better golf than I was a year ago or a year and a half ago, and I'm not shooting better scores. To most people that would sound silly but I'm sure as golfers you all know what I'm saying.

Two things

1) When I hit a decent tee shot but cant find the freakin ball!!

2) Two weeks ago I was hitting my irons great and putting like a champ, but could not hit a tee shot or wedge. This past week I am crushing my driver and hitting great wedge shots but now i cant putt or hit an iron. Gotta love it!!

When I hit a decent tee shot but cant find the freakin ball!!

cant agree more. that annoys the hell out of me. also, when i play like a champion one day and everything feels right. my driver is long and straight, and my putting stroke just feels spot on. then the next day its all gone. i dont know what happened, or whats different, but for whatever reason my rhythem and feel is gone and nothing feels right.

Inconsistency off the tee, primarily. It's not like I want to hit it 250 everytime. At my skill level, I'd be happy with a 180-200 yard drive that gives me a consistent shot at making bogey. But all it takes is one unfortunate tee swing and next thing I know I'm scrambling to save a double.

1. not being able to put a complete game together...
im either bombing drives and duffing my approach shots and vice versa...
getting girs like nothing... then 3-4 putting...
duffing driver and really relying on shortgame...
2. on some days... distance is my enemy...
3. just plain ole inconsistency... one day im puring everything... exact same course the very next day... ppl playing behind me will be wondering why the hell im playing from the back tees

Inconsistency ... my ability (or lack there of) to put together a par, blow-up hole, par and wonder just what the hell happened. In that vein, as stated above, my inability to put together a complete round. I've had scores on 18 this year that have been 40-48; 41-49 ... and that grinds my gears, big time ...

By far inconsistency (left and right). If i draw my first three tee shots the first time I aim down the right hand side and try to play it, here comes the fade (or push)

By far inconsistency (left and right). If i draw my first three tee shots the first time I aim down the right hand side and try to play it, here comes the fade (or push)

This reminds me of a funny story: The first time Sergio ever played Firestone, they asked him about the course. Sergio replied, "It's a tough course; some holes you have to draw the ball, other times a fade and some times, just a straight shot is needed."

I thought, "What's so hard about that ? I do that all the time!! I just don't know which one will show up when!!" HAHAHAHAHA

oh man... that reminds me of my round last week...
first 3 holes im slicing the crap outta my teeshots and woods...
got to the fourth teebox and aimed way left pointing it directly at the water...
knowing for a fact im going to slice a fat one right onto the fw...
guess what happens?
yup... i hit the straightest ever shot to that point in the round... frustrating

Note: This thread is 4241 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!