IGNORED

if you had an exemption to play in any major, which would it be, and why...

senorchipotle
Note: This thread is 5361 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It has to be the Masters...Although I have been there during play and never set foot upon the course as a player..it is just an awsome site to take in. The TV doesnt do it justice. To the ones that have been there they know what we are talking about.

To put it in perspective...have you ever seen a girl so pretty, so gorgeous, so enduring that you could never imagine having sex with her...so beautiful that when you are around her that your heart skips every other beat?

That my friends is Augusta

It's not my favorite major, but because it is the most difficult course to get on, I'd say the Master's at Augusta.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Masters, for the reasons everyone else said. It's always at Augusta, and it's a once in a lifetime opportunity to play there.

Wait, did I say the Masters? I meant the PGA Championship, obviously. That's everyone's favorite major.

British open. I'd like to hit a pub or two or ?? and have a few pints with the local blokes!!

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

• 2 weeks later...
I'd play in the Masters. That course seems like heaven on earth to the eye. Its an incredible test of golf and the history attached to the course is unmatched. I've grown up watching a lot of Masters coverage and Im a huge fan of the tournament. I dont know if I have the game for those greens though lol

US Open, nothing beats it hands down

9* DYMO Str8fit- ust stiff
X 19* 5wood stock
Boxer 20* reg shaft
MT Pro-M gunmetal TT Dynamic Gold S300
52.6 oil 56.6 oil 60.4 oil Newport Beach 303pro-v1/ Pentawww.lantanagolf.com

Firstly, let's rule out the PGA. I'd likely melt on day 1. The PGA should played between the Masters and US Open.

The British Open could be fun - keep it in play, hit it in the general direction of the green (20-40 yards short) and cross your fingers. My kind of golf. However, Scottish food is not pleasant and their hotels are overpriced dorm rooms.

The US Open is played on some beautiful and often historically significant, courses. In the right year, it's the obvious choice. BUT, the set up for the US Open looks really really hard to pay. It's usually raining or sweltering, it's a gazillion yards long with nightmarish rough. I'd have to think about it.

I'd probably go with the Masters. Good food, a course we know, nice peaches (wink wink nudge nudge.)

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

British Open for sure.

Playing in the U.S. Open, not just playing the Open setup course on the Sunday before, but actually playing in the U.S. freakin' Open? Give me a break! I would be throwing up in the car on the way to the course. Once I got into that rough -- probably after my first shot of the tournament -- I would more closely resemble an adventurer (or thief) slashing my way through the jungle than a golfer. No thanks.

I might have chosen the Masters 10 or more years ago, when the course played under 7,000 yards. But at 7,400+ it would be pointless. Plus I would be choking and throwing up.

I hate the PGA Championship. Give me a break. The PGA Championship is like the NFL Pro Bowl.

At the British Open, I have a built-in excuse of not having experience playing links courses or playing on moonscapes. Since most of the people I know don't have enough time or money to travel and those that do probably don't like me enough to, I won't have the pressure of failing spectacularly in front of people I know, looking up in their eyes and seeing their pity, their sorrow, their glee. At nights I'll go out and drink and sing songs in the pubs. Plus, I've never been to Scotland. All in all, it sounds like a great time.

In the bag:
Cleveland Launcher 400cc
Callaway Hawkeye 3 wood, stiff
TaylorMade Burner Rescue hybrid, 19*, stiff
TaylorMade Burner Rescue hybrid, 22*, stiffCallaway X-14 irons, 4-SW, uniflex steel, +1", 2* uprightTitleist Vokey 56/8 sand wedgePing A-Blade putterCareer round: 16 over 88Best round...

The Masters, I love the course. I think that I will not get angry if I miss a shot in that course, I will be amazed by the beauty of the place.

Cheers!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

I'd want to play in the PGA Championship.

The PGA is always played in a great place but isn't setup as hard as the US Open. The field is probably the best of the year as it doesn't have as many exemptions as other fields. The Masters is loaded with ex-champions. The US and British Opens have a lot of players who really aren't of caliber but get in for a multitude of reasons. The PGA is just the best players in the world.

The Masters would be great for the prestige but it reeks of racist, old white man era of golf so I have to hold points against it and is probably the most power driven tournament. The British Open is fun but also turns into goofy golf sometimes and often has just too much randomness. The US Open is too hard and requires insane precision. The PGA, for some reason not adored like the others, is just right imo. I love the PGA. It just doesn't have the tradition of the others.

I love them all really. If I were smart I'd choose the British Open since that one probably gives any player the best chance of winning due to lucky tee times, weather changes and the randomness of it all. Power isn't the big factor there.

The PGA is always played in a great place but isn't setup as hard as the US Open.

I don't know, Oakland Hills South Course was described as pretty tough last year.

The PGA is just the best players in the world.

There are some good amateurs playing golf (they may be some of the best) and the PGA Championship excludes them; but that's the idea, a championship for

professional golfers.
If I were smart I'd choose the British Open since that one probably gives any player the best chance of winning due to lucky tee times, weather changes and the randomness of it all. Power isn't the big factor there.

That is debatable but the Open does allow the accurate-but-not-necessarily-long golfer to have good chance. I like the Open too.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

The Masters...it's my favorite major and I'd love a crack at #12 :)
905R 10.5* - Speeder (S) ::: 909F2 15.5* - VooDoo (S) ::: 909H 19* - VooDoo (S) ::: Vokey Spin Milled 52.08, 56.11 & 60.07
MX-25 4-P - Dynamic Gold (S300)
Studio Style Newport 2 - 33/350
Pro V1Tour V2

Note: This thread is 5361 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!