IGNORED

Walter Hagen T3 Club Set review!

Note: This thread is 3683 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As some of you may know, i did quiet a bit of research and questioning lately, and have now purchased my first set of clubs. I went to my local dicks sporting goods to try out and possibly buy the adams golf tight lies golf set. I swung a couple of the adams clubs on the supper cool flight projector screen and really wasn't that impressed. I clubs felt good but nothing spectacular.

The pro then suggested i try the Walter Hagen T3 club set instead. It was regular priced 399 but was on sale for 200. The pro also noticed i had a slight fade to my swings. I took a few swings with the square version of the T3 driver and let me just say, for this price, i dont think any club set could compare. The driver felt very similar to my friends square callaway. I'm not really a fan of hybrids but a 3,4, and 5 hybrid are included. The irons are amazing, you even get a sand wedge, (my favorite club of the set). For slower swingers, u can also get the set in graphite shafts for the same price. I personally felt the graphite irons were to sloppy with the added shaft flex. Overall, i am more than happy with my first golf set. I look forward to lowering my handicap and eventually up grading to bigger and better clubs but for now i am going to enjoy this great value. A word to any beginner, stop looking at cheap walmart clubs and take a trip to ur local dicks, you won't be disapointed.
Driver: Walter Hagen T3 Square
3 wood: Walter Hagen T3
Hybrids: Walter Hagen T3
Irons: Walter Hagen T3
Putter: Walter Hagen MalletChipper: EZ RollShoes: GreenJoyGlove: ReactBall: E5+ or HX Hot Bite16 years old

we need more people like you in this forum. The people who maybe are just learning the game and understand they don't need a set of titleist clubs. And that are interested in improving there game with practice and dedication and not equipment.

THANK YOU JSWINNEY 10

15 yrs old

DriverBurner 10.5 degree stiff flexFairway Burner 15 degree proforce 75 gram regular flex Hybridrescue dual 19 degree stiff flexHybrid edge cft hybrid 24 degree stiff flex Irons progressive XC 5-PW regular HOPING FOR TOUR PREFERRED's!SW rac satin tp wedge 56 degreesLW spin milled...

Thanks, i personally believe that at my skill level, as long as the club isn't god awful, it will work. I have swung top of the line callaway and taylormade drivers, played with wilson's amazing blade irons, and hit titelist pro v1 balls....the result? Nice to look at and have in your bag but no improvement over my 300 dollar clubs and cheap recycled balls. It may raise your confidence, but investing in the latest and greatest technology is not the key to success on the course. Save your money for lessons and rounds, it will improve your game much faster.
Driver: Walter Hagen T3 Square
3 wood: Walter Hagen T3
Hybrids: Walter Hagen T3
Irons: Walter Hagen T3
Putter: Walter Hagen MalletChipper: EZ RollShoes: GreenJoyGlove: ReactBall: E5+ or HX Hot Bite16 years old

Glad to hear you found something you're satisfied with and at a good value. The scenario won't change either when you decide to upgrade; the higher quality clubs that better players desire can be purchased at discounts with a little bit of hunting and research.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

I feel the same way about my Acuity set that I got at Dick's. It may not be the best thing ever but it allows me to go play every week. The only thing I didn't like about the set is the crappy bag and the putter. Putter's are to personal to the individual to have a one size fits all type.

The only thing I've replaced so far is the driver because I found the Cleveland HiBore for 60 bucks in the pre-owned bin at Golf Galaxy. It has a lot of flex in the shaft which helped me get a bit more distance.

Every year at bonus time and tax time I'll upgrade something else. I don't want to be one of those guys with the $3000.00 set of clubs and the $3.00 game.

PS: Walmart sells Walter Hagen sets too.

In my Acuity bag:

Driver: HiBore XL
Woods: Acuity 3 Wood and 3I-hybrid
Irons: Acuity oversized cavity backs 4 - PWWedges: Tourney Silver Scot 192Putter: Acuity half-malletBall: XL 5000 Super Straight

we need more people like you in this forum. The people who maybe are just learning the game and understand they don't need a set of titleist clubs. And that are interested in improving there game with practice and dedication and not equipment.

Completely agree, also, be sure to find the right ball for your game. Many beginners play clubs they can't handle, many play the wrong ball, alot do both

Enjoy this great game!!

Driver:  the search continues
Fairway Wood:  Ping G25 3W Tour stiff
Hybrid:  Snake Eyes Q4U 19*, 23*
Irons:  Ping G25 5-UW w/CFS X-flex  (on order)
Wedges:  685BX black 56*      Putter:  Wilson Staff 8882 

• 1 month later...
I have to agree. I am getting back in the game after 18 years. My old Ben Hogan's (3W and 4W were cracked) were way out of date. I went to Dick's, and talked to the pro there. He recommended the same set of clubs. I am having some trouble getting used to the hybrids, but other than that, I am loving this set. I was looking at a set of Wilson Profile and Nike Sumo. The pro talked about how I needed to get my swing mechanics back, and how the newer clubs were a lot different than the Hogan's I gave up. He suggested the T3's, and we went into the practice area, and I was amazed at how they felt. Much better than the others, and a little cheaper, too. My friend bought a set of Dunlops at WalMart, and I tried them at the driving range. They felt terrible. Take JSwiney's and my advice; stay out of WalMart for golf clubs, except the plastic ones for your infant.

• 1 month later...
When I started back up I got the T3's... nice clubs for the money!

In my (crossing my fingers for Syracuse Orange Cart) bag:
Tour Burner 10.5* Stiff
Walter Hagen 3 metal
Tour Preferred S300 DGs (3-PW)
Tour Preferred 52.08 GWWalter Hagen 56* SW Studio Stainless Newport 2 point 5 ProV1x's if i got em, but usually TP blacks

bought your first set of clubs at a 9 index? that's pretty impressive to me.

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

bought your first set of clubs at a 9 index? that's pretty impressive to me.

maybe his last set was a gift or borrowed but yeah I thought that too.

I went to golf galaxy last night at 8pm and they were closed (website said 10am-9pm unless otherwise posted, well go figure I must go to the one store that closes at 8pm). So I ended up at Dicks. They had a big selection and better prices. I left with a new putter that was $30 less than the same one at golf galaxy. You definitely don't need good clubs to play poorly. A friend of mine just bought a brand new Mizuno set of irons for $800 and was dead set on a Titleist driver because some employee at Golf Galaxy said he thought they made the best drivers. So he spent $300 on that and $150 on a wood, but at least picked up a cheap putter. This guy couldn't break 150 if his life depended on it. I even indefinitely lent him my old set of clubs which are really nice for a beginner set. Hell, I bought new irons and they shaved ZERO strokes off my game (slingshots suck btw). Only thing that changed me was new driver gave me a prayer to hit it, hybrids took 50 strokes off my game, and practice/lessons did all the rest and I'm still not good. But I think if I bought a scotty cameron I'd be a 5 hcp

In my
Extreme Sport bag:
FTiq 10° Stiff Flex Driver
906F4 Fairway 15.5°
SQ 3/5i Hybrids 21°/26° AP1 S300 4-W SV Tour 54° Vokey Oil Can 58° Nike iC 20-10A Blade Putter"The only Pro-V that I use is my shampoo." - Me

• 1 month later...
I bought this set this summer and loved them! By far, my favorite club is the 6 iron out of the set (personal bias, no main reason). The putter is an excellent putter. I dont like hybrids to begin with so these had no impact on my game. The My only complain is that I thought the shaft on the driver was a little too flexible. I understand why it has a loose shaft. I replaced the driver with a Burner (can never go wrong with a burner). I play 2-3 times a week and upgraded recently to the Big Bertha Irons. I really loved these clubs. I am reselling them virtually free on craigslist so others can have an opportunity to have a good starter set.

• 3 months later...
Sorry to bring this thread back, but I just bought these clubs on sale from Dicks. Im replacing my old Acuity set of clubs that I have. I have heard mixed things from these clubs, hopefully they all turn out well. Heard the driver is terrible, but we'll see.

• 2 months later...
I've actually been looking at this set too. This and the RAM set from Sports Authority for $180. I started golfing last August with a set of clubs that are probably older than me (21). I'm weary about getting this set after hearing things about the driver and putter, but I don't want to spend $400-$500 getting individual items since I'm no pro.

I started with the T3 set about a year ago. They were really good clubs for the money. Even the pro at the store I got them at took some swings with the irons and was pleasantly surpised with the feel. I probably wouldn't have upgraded to all my fancy schmancy gear if it weren't for a nice bonus I got at work. They're good clubs... heck I still use the bag.

In my Org.14 Xtreme Cart Bag
Driver: G15 10.5* TFC 149D Reg Flex
3 Wood: G15
Hybrid: Diablo Edge 3i
Irons: Diablo Edge 52* and 56* Wedges: CG14 Chrome60* Wedge: CG15 ChromePutter: White Ice SabertoothBall: Assorted

I've actually been looking at this set too. This and the RAM set from Sports Authority for $180. I started golfing last August with a set of clubs that are probably older than me (21). I'm weary about getting this set after hearing things about the driver and putter, but I don't want to spend $400-$500 getting individual items since I'm no pro.

If you're a 15 handicap.... Get some good gear!!! You're better than most players if you're playing "under bogey" golf.

In my Org.14 Xtreme Cart Bag
Driver: G15 10.5* TFC 149D Reg Flex
3 Wood: G15
Hybrid: Diablo Edge 3i
Irons: Diablo Edge 52* and 56* Wedges: CG14 Chrome60* Wedge: CG15 ChromePutter: White Ice SabertoothBall: Assorted

Heh, I'm new to golf and didn't know what to put for that, I guess I put a little too low :), I just shot a 100 on a par 60 the other week if that gives you an idea of my skill

Heh, I'm new to golf and didn't know what to put for that, I guess I put a little too low :), I just shot a 100 on a par 60 the other week if that gives you an idea of my skill

About a 35-40 or more, depending on the course. Likely 40+, as most par 60s are executive style courses.

• 1 month later...
After reading the reviews from this forum and other forums I headed out to Dicks Sporting Goods to look at the Walter Hagen clubs. What a great surprise they were having their year end close out sale. We tried the clubs in the simulator and absolutely loved them. They hit true and streight and felt great in our hands They had the clubs at such a great deal I bought clubs for myself, my wife and my son. The sets with the bag were reg. $399.99 and the ladies were on clearance for $139.99 and the mens were $179.99. I could not pass up the deal. I look forward to taking them out to the range. We were also able to get the Walter Hagen colapsable push carts that were reg. price if $179.99 for 80% off I bought 3.

Note: This thread is 3683 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!