IGNORED

Scotty Cameron v. Odyssey

Note: This thread is 5393 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which putter do you use? Scotty Cameron or Odyssey?

• Scotty Cameron
    • Odyssey

I have an Odyssey now but I'm really having trouble adjusting to the feel of the insert. I'll likely switch back to something without an insert sometime soon. I'm not one to switch equipment on a whim though so I'm trying to adjust but never having one with an insert before is making it tough.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

I'm in true love with my Scotty. Those who pick Odyssey probably haven't witnessed the revolutionary feel of a Scotty Cameron putter.

My two loves, a Scotty Cameron putter and a voodoo women named Martha....

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

The two putters I have are an SC Squareback and a 2ball. I am gaming the 2ball now and find that I have better feel puting with it. Right now I don't see me switching back to the SC for awhile...but I am still holding onto it for safekeeping maybe for reassurance that if the 2ball starts failing me I can revert back to the SC.

Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag

taylor made R9 460 - 10.5 | taylor made Burner Wood - 15 | callaway BB Heavenwood 3 Hybrid - 20 | nickent 3dx RC 4 Hybrid - 23 |mizuno MX300 5-PW | titleist SM Vokey - 50/54/58 | scotty cameron Fastback - 33'' | titleist NXT Tourhttp://www...

Those who pick Odyssey probably haven't witnessed the revolutionary feel of a Scotty Cameron putter.

Er.......no. What can you possibly mean by "revolutionary feel"? All milled putters are pretty much the same. I have owned an SC putter and didn't like it. Having said that there would be models that I would probably like. Just as there would be Yes or Ping or Odyssey etc. etc. putters that you haven't tried that you would like.

To say that any brand of putter is "the best" is akin to admitting that you are a slave to advertising and hype. If there was a brand of putter that was better than the rest, everyone who could afford it, or all pros would use them. As for your absurd notion of "revolutionary feel", I take it that you would be prepared to submit to a double blind test to confirm this theory.....

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I actually have one of each!

Got a Scotty Cameron Newport Beach and an Odyssey XG#9. I also have a Rife Barbados and Yes Tracy II. Swap them out depending on how im putting.

Find the XG#9 much better on fast greens because of the soft insert, however on an overall rating the Scotty Cameron is the best one due to the feel, look and versatility on all greens. XGs are to soft for slow greens!

However i have the Rife in my bag atm and its working wonders!!

In my :mizuno: Staff Bag
Driver: :ping: i15 S-flex USTMamiya Tour Red
Fairway: :titleist: 909F2 15.5 X-flex UST Proforce V2 85
Hybrid: :mizuno: MP-FliHi 21* S300 +2 deg, +1/2"
Irons: :mizuno: MP-67 4-PW DG S300 +2 deg, +1/2"

Wedges: :vokey: Spin Milled 52.08 56.08 60.04

Putter: :cameron: Newport Beach customised by Kevin Colbert

Ball: :callaway: HX Black

GPS: :skycaddie: SGX

Have tried a few putters with inserts, but never liked them. I'm currently at my second putter without an insert, and I love it. The feel is fantastic.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i say odyssey for 3 reasons. 1) i love the weighting and feel of my sabertooth. its like a combination between mallet and blade. 2) i really like the white hote xg insert. 3) ive never hit a scotty so i have no idea what they're like

In My Ozone Stand Bag:
Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff
3 Wood: Burner 15* Stiff
Hybrid: Burner 19* Stiff
Irons: Tour Burner 4-GWWedges: CG14 54.12, 58.12Putter: SabertoothBall: TP Back Rangefinder: GX-IHome Course: http://www.strawberryridgegolfcourse.com/

I love the XG#9 and the way it aligns. And scotty cameron has a terrible sucky selection for left handers.

Ok I agree on the selection available to buy from any pro shop, but they can be ordered from the manufacturer. And if all else fails order one from the custom scotty shop.

*Former High School Golfer*
*Playing at Cabrillo College starting Fall 2009*
* Taylormade R7 460 10.5 degree with ProForce V2 stiff shaft cut to 42"*
* Taylormade R7 TP 15 degree 5 wood
* Taylormade R7 TP 18 degree hybrid** Titleist AP2 3-PW w/ Project X 6.0** Titleist Vokey Design 52.10...

I currently use an Odyssey XG9, but I'm not getting along with the soft insert so well. I've got a Ping Karsten Anser 2 on the way and it may very well knock the Odyssey out of the bag. I'd love to try a SC at some point, my brother-in-law swears by his.

I have a 3 year old odessy white hot #7. I used to love it back when i was younger, but now I can't get the speed right on any hole because of the insert. I dislike the feel as well. I'm looking into new putters, probably blade, no insert, maybe milled. If anyone has any suggestions please offer them. BTW, i think that scotty cameron's are overpriced pieces of crap, that still use toe weighting (if i was told correctly). Yes! Putters are probably the best on the market now, the one that I will try first.

Sasquatch 460 10.5
X 3 wood
X 4H
X-22's 5-PW
X Forged 52, 58 Black Series #1 Tour i X Series stand bag

I don't understand all of the people who are in love with SC. I like a firm feel, but scotties just don't feel smooth. I use an older Odyssey, it doesn't have the super soft insert that the newer ones have, but it is a nice in between feel. Same with the ping inserts IMO.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

I don't understand all of the people who are in love with SC. I like a firm feel, but scotties just don't feel smooth. I use an older Odyssey, it doesn't have the super soft insert that the newer ones have, but it is a nice in between feel. Same with the ping inserts IMO.

I guess different strokes for different folks

In my TerraFirma X Bag
360 Ti 10.5° Driver
FT-i Squareway 15.0° 3w
04 Big Bertha 19.0° 5w
04 Big Bertha 4-9, PW, GW +1/2" Irons Vokey Spin-Milled 56°10° SW C02 Milled 35" Putter Contour Shoes and SofJoy GlovesA mix of NXT and Laddie Xtreme balls

I guess different strokes for different folks

Literally

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

BTW, i think that scotty cameron's are overpriced pieces of crap, that still use toe weighting (if i was told correctly). Yes! Putters are probably the best on the market now, the one that I will try first.

Wow you obviously haven't tried them. They are in no way pieces of crap. The are toe weighted and that helps you with mishit shots. But I agree they are overpriced. But the Odyssey Black Series are around the same price. It's all preferance.

*Former High School Golfer*
*Playing at Cabrillo College starting Fall 2009*
* Taylormade R7 460 10.5 degree with ProForce V2 stiff shaft cut to 42"*
* Taylormade R7 TP 15 degree 5 wood
* Taylormade R7 TP 18 degree hybrid** Titleist AP2 3-PW w/ Project X 6.0** Titleist Vokey Design 52.10...

BTW, i think that scotty cameron's are overpriced pieces of crap, that still use toe weighting (if i was told correctly). Yes! Putters are probably the best on the market now, the one that I will try first.

I just threw up, Yes! putters are the worst thing that ever happened to golf. They look like experiments, the feel like crap, they don't roll the ball that well, they are useless on greens that aren't it top condition, there balance is way off.

Scottys on the other hand have negative bounce, so you don't set up with the putter face closed, are perfectly balance & the circa '62 are milled from carbon & feel soooooo good. They aren't over priced they just aren't made in china & the price sorta makes them exclusive & stops you from damaging them - The grips on scottys are even specifically made to give the best feel.
In my black carry bag
Driver- 909 D2 10.5* 76g Stiff UST Proforce V2
3-Wood 909 F3 14.5* 82g Stiff UST Proforce V2
Hybrid- 585-H 19* 85g Stiff Flex Adilla Proto
Irons- Z-B Forged 3iron-PW Project X 6.0Gap Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 52|8Sand Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 56|10Putter- Scotty Cameron...

I have a Black series i9, which sets up beautifully for me....

But like others, I am not a fan of inserts, no matter how technologically advanced they get. The sound/feel of a metal putter is just "better" imho.

So... neither. I picked up a Rife Abaco, same setup, but for me, better feel than the Odyssey!

WTIB:
Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5° Scads of shafts - now: Kai'li 63 stiff
Tour Edge Exotics 3 & 5 FW
Callaway X-22 Tour irons
Bobby Jones 3 & 4 hybridsRife Abaco/Odyessy Black Series i9 puttersWith a few more hangin' around

Note: This thread is 5393 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!