IGNORED

Anyone on this forum ever drop their handicap by a lot strokes in one season?

Phil-Mick#1
Note: This thread is 953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I started this season at 14.3 . This was my first time back golfing since my high school days and I was probably a 14-15 back then too. I have been playing 4-5 times a week and I just turned in a score yesterday that put my trend to a 9.6 . Now the hard part is going to be keeping it there most of my scores the past week have been in the 11 range. I had a streak of two weeks were I was breaking 40 everytime out just about but im kind of in a rut right now where I shoot 40-42, no better or worse.

Clubs:

Driver: Ping G10 10.5 UST Mamiya Proforce V2 Stiff
Fairway: Ping G10 15.5 UST Mamiya Proforce V2 stiff
Hybrid: Ping G10 18.0 UST Mamiya Proforce V2 H stiffIrons:  Ping S56 3-PW KBS tour StiffWedges:  Ping Tour S 56, 60 degree KBS tour stiffPutter:  Ping scottsdale anser 2 34"

I started playing last July. I wish that I had taken up the game earlier in life .. I am 25 now. I live in CT so I was able to play for a few months before Winter.

...This season I have had an intense practice routine/lessons/played a lot and I am down to an 18.8. So I went from never swinging a club to a bogey player in roughly 7 months of playable weather.

I am happy with my progress so far.

I love this game and I am working very hard to be as competitive as I can be!

:cleveland:         Classic 10.5° w/ Miyazaki C.Kua Limited X-Stiff
:cleveland:         Launcher FL 3 Wood 17° w/ Miyazaki C. Kua Stiff
:cleveland:         Mashie 3H 20.5° w/ Miyazaki C. Kua Stiff
:mizuno:   MP-57 4 - PW w/ Dynamic Gold S300
:cleveland:         588 - 52° 56° 60°
:scotty_cameron:          Studio Newport 2
:srixon:              Z-Star Tour Yellow 

I was a 25 at the beginning of the season and now i'm at a 15. But thats been ALOT of golf this year and ALOT of practice....everyday

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

I've dropped 3 this season so far but my anti-handicap has not (maybe 1); still too many blow-up rounds for me.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

From age 15 to 18 I went from an 16 to 6

From age 18 to 21 I went from 6 to 5

From age 21 to 24 I went from 5 to 3

From age 24 to present I've been hovering around a 3

best advice is once you get down around 10 to 7 from there on down its all short game. I was trying to figure out how to hit it further and finally my college coach set me up with a local pro and it was all short game.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

I was a 12 in January. Dropped to a 9 in March and then to a 7.4 in June. For me it is all about practicing and playing. I made a commitment to play and practice more and it has paid off. I drastically improved my putting (i used to be the king of three-putts) and I still have work to do there.

I like where I am at right now because I know going lower is going to be harder, but after every round there are still strokes that I gave away. I have things to work on and that is good. I would hate to get to a 4 and have nothing to work on - but I doubt that is ever the case.

My goal is to be under a 5 by years end and to be as close to 1 or under by end of 2010.

In my bag:
Driver: R5 TP Diamana 83s Shaft
Fairway: Burner 15 degree Fujikura REAX
Hybrid: Custom 19 degree
Irons: DCI 990 S300 4-PW

Wedges: NF 52.04*, Spin Milled 56.10* and 60.08*

Putter: Red X3

Ball: ProV1

Shoe: Tour 360 LTD

Yeh that was me at the start of last year (2008), but in about march i made a commitment to practice alot (2-4 times a week) & i would hit balls at the range 2 a week, do alot of putting and chipping (doing actual drills) & in about 4 months i went from 9ish to 5 and could play consistently. That was in about july/august last year and i have only dropped about 1.2 since then and recently made about .9 of that back, heap of bad rounds.

You probably got 3 or 4 strokes from your sponsor

too, hehe.

In my Acuity bag:

Driver: HiBore XL
Woods: Acuity 3 Wood and 3I-hybrid
Irons: Acuity oversized cavity backs 4 - PWWedges: Tourney Silver Scot 192Putter: Acuity half-malletBall: XL 5000 Super Straight

• 12 years later...
Note: This thread is 953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!