IGNORED

If you made it to the PGA Tour, who would you want your sponser to be?

Note: This thread is 5220 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which company would you want to sponser you?

• Adams
    • Bridgestone
    • Callaway
    • Cleveland
    • Cobra
    • Mizuno
    • Nike
    • Ping
    • Srixon
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Wilson
    • Other

Most likely Nike, but I could see a good point for going to TaylorMade, simply because you're bound to hang out with Natalie Gulbis or Paula Creamer at some sort or sponsor event

I say Nike because I always used their stuff when I played baseball and basketball. Then again, if that's the case, Easton could put out some clubs and sponsor me. Everyone only thought the Nike drivers sounded bad, until they hear the sound from an Easton golf club! Every round would sound like Omaha in June!

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mizuno...You get arguably the best selection and quality of irons. If you don't like the woods (which are coming around apparently) you just put Mizuno headcovers on them. You're not forced to play their ball because they don't make one so you can use whatever ball you want.

Mizuno makes golf balls, they just dont sell them in the U.S.

Id choose Mizuno too. They make the best irons on the market and their woods, hybrids, wedges and putters are pretty sweet too. The future of Mizuno putters is kind of in question though, now that Mizuno and Bettinardi announced they would be splitting.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Clubs: Wilson
Ball: Top-Flite
Clothing: I-Zod
Shoes: Footjoy
Corporate: Toyota, Dell and Coca-Cola

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

I picked NIKE.

Just imagine the annual parties and events!!!!!
Woods, Wie, AK, Cink, Petterson, Jordan, LT, Jeter, Davenport, Sharapova etc etc etc.

It would be a sports networking of who's who in ALL sports.
Although I don't care for thier equipment, all the perks make up for that. Free Nike gear,clothing for life, event tickets, etc.

I don't think any other sponsor could offer as much as Nike.

G10 9* Proforce V2 HL S
G10 15.5* TFC 129 S
G10 21*, 24* TFC 129 S Hybrids
MP-57 5-PW DG S300
52* MP-R 56*.11, 60*.7 SM Vokey Newport Detour 2.5 Tour Ix, PRO V1x

I like Zero Restriction clothing and I like Mizuno & Miura products, I am not sure if Mizuno and Miura pay players

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I would say Titliest because any club they make is of good quality. Their woods are nice, irons amazing, wedges phenomenal, and scotty cameron putters are great. For a corporate sponsor I would want some type of food chain related sponsor so I could get good free food.

R9 10.5 Aldila Voodo Stiff
S9-1 3W Stiff
Baffler 20 Degree
AP2 (3-PW) KBS Stiff
Vokey Design (52,56,60) Redwood

Titleist. There is no other brand that can compare. Best ball, best wedges, great irons, may not be the No.1 woods but defiantly my favourite to look at, they don't look like experiments (looking at you callaway) & Scotty Camerons, players that aren't even sponsored by Titleist use them + Tiger & most used putter on most of the tours, that goes to show they are the best. Foot Joy, once again best shoes, widest range, awsome clothing including wet weather gear + and if you can't find any titleist gear you like, just pop across to Cobra :D
In my black carry bag
Driver- 909 D2 10.5* 76g Stiff UST Proforce V2
3-Wood 909 F3 14.5* 82g Stiff UST Proforce V2
Hybrid- 585-H 19* 85g Stiff Flex Adilla Proto
Irons- Z-B Forged 3iron-PW Project X 6.0Gap Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 52|8Sand Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 56|10Putter- Scotty Cameron...

Titleist - just because it would be cool to get paid for what 70% + of the members at my club play/wear for free anyway.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Taylormade, cause I like their drivers. But, more importantly, I'd get to hang out with Paula Creamer and Natalie Gulbis at corporate functions.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

I like

Of course they pay their players. Its just that Mizuno doesnt sponsor anyone and everyone to use their stuff like Nike, Titleist and Taymormade does.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Titleist over Mizuno, but I'd be happy with either.
905R 10.5* - Speeder (S) ::: 909F2 15.5* - VooDoo (S) ::: 909H 19* - VooDoo (S) ::: Vokey Spin Milled 52.08, 56.11 & 60.07
MX-25 4-P - Dynamic Gold (S300)
Studio Style Newport 2 - 33/350
Pro V1Tour V2

nike, just because i use their equipment already and have done in every other sport!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Not that I'd have ever to make this choice but I went with:

They have decent drivers, irons and balls so if I was forced to play everything by them it wouldn't hurt me much. Plus I like their color scheme.
Oh and let's not forget the Me / Creamer / Gublis "threesome" for charity.

In my Acuity bag:

Driver: HiBore XL
Woods: Acuity 3 Wood and 3I-hybrid
Irons: Acuity oversized cavity backs 4 - PWWedges: Tourney Silver Scot 192Putter: Acuity half-malletBall: XL 5000 Super Straight

Titleist. There is no other brand that can compare. Best ball, best wedges, great irons

Boy, somebody's drinking the Kool-Aid! They have the best marketing campaign for sure but I cannot stand their clubs...anymore (played Titleist irons many moons ago). Other manufacturers DO compare and there are a plethora of folks here that will agree with me. Are they the best fit for you?….sounds like it, are they the best fit for me?….nope.

Back to the question I'd like the following sponsorships: Ping - awesome carry bags Ecco - comfy shoes, classic looks Ford - because I work for them Titleist - best visors in golf GoDaddy - love the commercials Bridgestone - dam fine irons Adidas - their dri-fit shirts are fantastic Visa - because it's everywhere I want to be

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

• 2 weeks later...
Nike. Pretty good clubs, great everything else, clothes (from golf clothes to workout clothes to everyday clothes) and good balls if you can get past the very un-durable cover and since Im sponsored i get as many as I want
Driver 983k 9.5°
3 Wood 906f2 15°
5 wood 906f2 18°
Irons 735 3-pw S300, Golf Pride Tour Velvet cord
Wedges Spin Milled 53°, Spin Milled 59°Putter Studio Select Newport 2Goals for '10:1. Get down to scratch or better

Note: This thread is 5220 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!