IGNORED

You Know You're Addicted to Golf When…

senorchipotle
Note: This thread is 1024 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

...You leave the golf channel on for nearly 24/7, even though when it's not live it's practically all re runs and infomercials, and you putt on your carpet when bored.

Weapons of Choice:

Driver: HiBore XL
Woods: 3 & 5 Power Play Caman's
Irons: Rac'sWedges: Professional Open Series 690 52 & 60 degreePutter: Crimson Series 550Bag: Stand BagGlove: MLBall: JUICE

The majority of your browsing on the internet is golf related including a golf forum, searching for clubs on eBay you don't even need, and watching golf videos on YouTube

That's me!!

My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

You've been dubbed the nickname on the course, "The Owl"

Inside The Owl's bag:
DRIVER: Launcher 10.5
IRONS: Launcher 6-PW, #3, #4, #5 Hybrid
PUTTER: I-Series Anser
BALL: HX Hot Bite or Pro V1 SHOES: "Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots - but you have to play the...

Who said I was addicted?

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

.... the cats run for cover as you move to pick up the club in the bedroom.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

when you buy your golf clubs or supplies with cash...so there is no paper trail for your wife/parents/girlfriend to find

LOL, and so true. This would probably be diagnostic of the disorder listed in DSM-IV. IIRC it's somewhere in section 14, "

Impulse control disorders not elsewhere defined ", along with pyromania and pathological gambling. But my wife has become suspicious of unfamiliar-looking putters, which are best hidden in the back of the garage. This occasionally proves effective, but should only rarely be attempted: "But darling, it was such a good sale and I saved 50 bucks - how could I resist?"

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

LOL, and so true. This would probably be diagnostic of the disorder listed in DSM-IV. IIRC it's somewhere in section 14, "

No doubt, sometimes I feel like I am cheating on my wife with golf with all the lying and sneaking around. Like asking her here schedule for the week, just to see if I can sneak in a round or get out to the range. We share a bank account, so I have to have a slush fund of straight cash to pay for those rounds or new equipment. It's not that she won't let me spend money on golf. It's that I already spend so much plus I don't want her knowing I am on the course instead of working!

When you wrap up a deal on a piece of property and take 3 scotty Camerons and a Diablo driver as a down.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

• 1 year later...

I'll admit it...I'm a golfaholic.   I love to play it, practice it, read about it, write about it, think about it, and even fantasize about it.    Perhaps there is a twelve step program (maybe with golf it would be 18 steps), but I'll just accept my addiction for now.

Here are my Top 10 ways to tell if you might be a golfaholic:

10)   Your copy of Hogan's 5 Lessons is so worn out there are only 3 left in the book

9)    You own a box of yellow balls solely for the reason they show up better in the snow

8)    The pictures of your kids in your wallet were replaced with pictures of you at Pebble

7)    Every time you start down the hallway in your house you pause to read the break

6)    Computer logs of your office computer show you spent 1 hour on the corporate network and 7 hours on The Sand Trap

5)    You can debate every point of the Stack and Tilt versus other swings, but haven't yet heard of any uprisings in the MidEast

4)    The Golf Channel logo is permanently burned into the lower right of your TV screen at home.    Even if it's LCD.

3)    You own 14 pairs of golf shoes, yet only 1 pair of dress shoes

2)    You get into an argument of forged versus cast construction when trying to decide which toaster to buy

and finally......

1)    Referring to you, Charlie Sheen says "yeah, I may have a problem, but....... THAT guy needs help!"

OK, let's hear your telltale signs.......

• Upvote 4

When my wife and I first lived together (many moons ago) and money was a bit tight I argued until I was successful that we needed to upgrade the cable package in order to get the golf channel. Priorities!

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Originally Posted by Clambake

I'll admit it...I'm a golfaholic.   I love to play it, practice it, read about it, write about it, think about it, and even fantasize about it.    Perhaps there is a twelve step program (maybe with golf it would be 18 steps), but I'll just accept my addiction for now.

Here are my Top 10 ways to tell if you might be a golfaholic:

10)   Your copy of Hogan's 5 Lessons is so worn out there are only 3 left in the book

9)    You own a box of yellow balls solely for the reason they show up better in the snow

8)    The pictures of your kids in your wallet were replaced with pictures of you at Pebble

7)    Every time you start down the hallway in your house you pause to read the break

6)    Computer logs of your office computer show you spent 1 hour on the corporate network and 7 hours on The Sand Trap

5)    You can debate every point of the Stack and Tilt versus other swings, but haven't yet heard of any uprisings in the MidEast

4)    The Golf Channel logo is permanently burned into the lower right of your TV screen at home.    Even if it's LCD.

3)    You own 14 pairs of golf shoes, yet only 1 pair of dress shoes

2)    You get into an argument of forged versus cast construction when trying to decide which toaster to buy

and finally......

1)    Referring to you, Charlie Sheen says "yeah, I may have a problem, but....... THAT guy needs help!"

OK, let's hear your telltale signs.......

7) Dude, that's freakin hilarious :-) I love it!!

3) I catch more crap because of this one, though I'm not quite up to 14 pairs yet

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

Originally Posted by ControlJunkie

7) Dude, that's freakin hilarious :-) I love it!!

3) I catch more crap because of this one, though I'm not quite up to 14 pairs yet

I'm currently tied at 3-3 but seriously closer to buying a 4th pair of golf shoes than dress shoes!

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

Here are mine…

- When I walk by a vertical reflective surface I check my swing in it.

- When I return a shopping cart to its corral I do so as if it were a long putt, complete with the whole pre-shot routine

- I constantly gauge distances in terms of carry with a particular club

- I am seriously considering having all the carpet in my house replaced with green carpet only

- I know that the pronged end of my divot tool can be used as a fork

- I think that people who don’t like golf are just plain weird

- I can speak intelligently about different kinds of grass

- Augusta National is my Mecca and someday I shall make the pilgrimage

• Upvote 1

"Every man is his own hell" - H.L. Mencken

Originally Posted by Uber$winG

-          I know that the pronged end of my divot tool can be used as a fork

-

The reverse case works well too, but just don't use your wedding silver!

When I broke my wrist a few years ago I got my orthopedic surgeon (who was an avid golfer himself) to write me a prescription for graphite shafted irons.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can't help but think of what I could of done to improve different shots on previous rounds of golf.

Roger Dunn is my second home. (say 3-4 trips a week there)

turtleback.....well played!!

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by turtleback

When I broke my wrist a few years ago I got my orthopedic surgeon (who was an avid golfer himself) to write me a prescription for graphite shafted irons.

Now that's funny. I wonder what the pharmacist must've said.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Note: This thread is 1024 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!