senorchipotle

You Know You're Addicted to Golf When…

220 posts / 17420 viewsLast Reply

When you start having clubs shipped to work because the wife complains, and then people at work start to notice.

You buy, sell, then re-buy, then re-sell the same club -- just to be sure (I did this with the Nike SUMO2 driver after forgetting how bad it sounded).

You put a wear mark in the carpet from indoor chipping (hasn't happened yet thankfully).

You get one club that you decide is a keeper and then you have to re-arrange at least 2 other bags as a result of the addition.

You're out on your back porch in the dark at 5:30 AM changing the swingweight on your 5 iron  because you've got a tournament in 3 days, and you just had a revelation that MAY add 5 yards to your distance. They say that admitting you've got a problem is the first step in curing it.

The 19th Hole is your favorite Sports Bar. You just got to be around golf as much as possible. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You know you're a golf lunatic when you're in the pro shop on a course you've never played before and are admiring a $13,000.00 set of Honma Beres clubs that you just know would improve your scores and are wondering how to get the wife convinced, too....  😉

10 minutes ago, Zippo said:

You know you're a golf lunatic when you're in the pro shop on a course you've never played before and are admiring a $13,000.00 set of Honma Beres clubs that you just know would improve your scores and are wondering how to get the wife convinced, too....  😉

That's beyond lunacy!

When you are in the process of buying a new car and the first thing you check is whether your clubs and push cart fit in the trunk.  Otherwise you can go no farther.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

27 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

When you are in the process of buying a new car and the first thing you check is whether your clubs and push cart fit in the trunk.  Otherwise you can go no farther.

Who would do such a thing? :whistle:

41 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

That's so true!  Why I ended getting a 4 door pickup.  It hauls a foursome for a long golf weekend in comfort and zero issues with storage space.

My personal faves from an earlier thread.....

You regripped your bbq utensils with cord grips...

Your wife asks you if you want to play around and you go get your clubs out... 

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Been there, done just that

2 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

What's crazy about that? First thing I look at.

On 9/16/2020 at 12:07 PM, boogielicious said:

Will the new push cart fit in the Porsche? 😜

Plenty of room in the passenger seat 😜