IGNORED

You Know You're Addicted to Golf When…

senorchipotle
Note: This thread is 1022 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Actually, it was more for the benefit of the wife!

And it worked!!

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by turtleback

Actually, it was more for the benefit of the wife!

And it worked!!

haha, nice.

I will have to use this ploy one of these days.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

I'll go on a golf trip with my buddies, but tell the wife we don't have money for a vacation.

All home repairs must be done by St. Patrick's Day.

Golf clubs have a "spot" in the family room.

Car purchases are based on how many sets of clubs will fit in the trunk.

You only followers golfers on Twitter.

You know what years Jack Nicklaus won the Masters, but not so sure about what year your sibilings were born.

You schedule vacation to watch the Masters.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

- You ask your boss at work what type of polo is acceptable in the office to wear with khakis so that you could wear your golf attire to the office in order to save time en route to the course after work
- Your fiancee knew nothing of golf before you started dating, but now regularly texts you on thursdays and fridays while she's at work to tell you who's in the lead, highlights, who hit what club to 4 feet on the umteenth hole, etc...
- You plan where you're going to move to include membership fees at a course relatively close by for ease of access...in your 'rent'

- Your calendar at work isn't filled so much with meetings as it is course maintenance schedules, scramble dates, tournament majors, club championships, and the best holiday week of the year; The Masters

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Wandering round the mall one weekend in that half-daze guys go into when being dragged through home furnishing stores. The wife stops to check out an amusing sham or something and I find myself staring blankly into this french-door size decorative mirror. Swear the thought hadn't yet percolated up into my conscious mind, but she says without turning around: "If you start practicing your takeaway, I am going to divorce you."

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Originally Posted by Stretch

Wandering round the mall one weekend in that half-daze guys go into when being dragged through home furnishing stores. The wife stops to check out an amusing sham or something and I find myself staring blankly into this french-door size decorative mirror. Swear the thought hadn't yet percolated up into my conscious mind, but she says without turning around: "If you start practicing your takeaway, I am going to divorce you."

Very funny.   So....did you practice the takeaway or not????

Originally Posted by Clambake

Very funny.   So....did you practice the takeaway or not????

Are you kidding me? Do you know how long it takes to train them to fully integrate the tee-to-green metaphor into the area of marital relations?

"Come on big boy, smash it! I can tell you're swinging an extra-stiff shaft." etc. etc.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

I think it's when each club has it's own name....

I haven't named all of mine, but the ones I have are

Driver - "May" (from the movie "A League of Their Own" - All the way, May!!)

3W - "Gummy" (because it's a 'tree wood' haha, and we have a lot of gum trees in Oz)

2i - "Posh Spice" (look at me, I have a 2 iron)

3i - "Ali" (because he was pretty hard to hit, too)

8i - "Mila Kunis" (coz she's about an 8/10)

9i - "Karrie" (Karrie Web's favourite club)

PW - "Piss Weak" (obvious enough)

52* GW - "Bruce Dickinson" (coz he's the best performing 52 year old in the world)

SW - "Whitey" (name after a friend of the family, Sandra (Sandy) White)

Putter - "Billy" (oh Billy, Billy, Billy, Billy, Billy... from Caddyshack!)

Still waiting to name the 4-7 irons, haha!

Originally Posted by Stretch

to funny. I got my gf into golf. she bought some clubs recently and loves it. so, if anything, she won't mind if I start practicing while shopping. until I accidentally hit her or something. lol

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

I love everything about golf greatly, but it's hard to play at my present, because I still have schooling to get through... but once I'm done, it's all golf... and actual work...

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

You know you are addicted to golf when:

...your kids names are Payne, Annika, Fuzzy, Curtis, Hogan, or Palmer

...you have a pet named Bogey

...you wear your golf shoes to mow the grass because you want to aerify the lawn

...your exercise gloves are made by Titleist

...whenever someone at work makes a sale you yell, "You da Man!"

...you seriously thought of buying a hybrid/green vehicle from Easygo

...you regripped your bbq utensils with cord grips

• Upvote 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

...you only stay at hotels whose carpets stimp out at 10 or better

...your wife asks you if you want to play around and you go get your clubs out

...your golf bag retails out for more than you paid for your first car

...you know the name of every hole at Augusta National

...you play holes in your head before you go to sleep

...you seriously wanted to name your daughter Pebble

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

My wife woke me up one night because I was practicing a putting motion in my sleep.  I was pretty impressed she recognized my putting grip, especially because she's got no interest in golf!

• 2 weeks later...

- You get up at 4:30 in the morning to go to the golf course to play 9 holes before work

Driver: Callaway RAZR Fit 9.5* , Aldila RIP’d stiff shaft (60g).

Ping G10 15* Hybrid
Callaway Heavan Wood 19* Hybrid
Putter: T-Line XXIV Tommy Armour

Ping i/3 Irons green dot
Cleveland 60* Lob wedge, Ping 56* Sand wedge, Nike SV Tour Black Satin 52* wedge, Ping 48* wedge.

Ball: TaylorMade

Mine is a true story....

When you leave your wife at home with your 1 week old twin boys because you got member's badges for Sunday at the Master's...and can be forever memorialized in the picture of Phil hitting the shot out of the pines!

You know your addicted to golf when your stopped at a red light and you pick out a target like a light pole or a store sign and say to yourself "if i was on the course, I would go with my easy 6i." LMAO, I do it all the freaking time.

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 1022 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!