IGNORED

You Know You're Addicted to Golf When…

senorchipotle
Note: This thread is 1001 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When your immediate thoughts after receiving the news that you are out of work and penniless are...

How on earth are you going to pay next years membership fees?

Which bus route goes to your course and would you be allowed to take your bag and trolley on board free of charge?

Devise a feasible plan that should coax your wife to partake in prostitution to fund your golfing future?

Oh yes, and feel an extreme urge to kick your ex-boss in the titleists.

LMAO!!!

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

When you daughter comes up to you and says that she has been hooking for a couple of years and you tell her that is ok, but she should really keep her head still and that should help

The weapons of course descruction:

Driver:  :callaway:  RAZR 9.5 STIFF

3W     : :callaway:  RAZR STIFF

3H      : :callaway:  X HOT  STIFF

4-SW  :  CI11

GW     ::cleve: 588  50/8

P         : :odyssey:  White Hot Pro

Ball     : :callaway:  HEX BLACK TOUR

This may not be all that funny, but it actually happened this past Saturday and may belong in this thread. Early Saturday morning, my soon-to-be 10 year old step-daughter and I were the only ones awake. We are eating breakfast together as her cartoons were on TV. When we were done eating, I told her I was leaving. Here's the ensuing conversation: Her: "Are you going golfing?" Me: "Yes, Sweetie, I am. I'll be back in a few hours." Her: "Do you golf in the winter?" Me: "No. It's much too cold." Her: "Good!" It almost made me want to stay home... Almost...

You know you an addict when even the golf 12 step program wont help you!

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

I guess I need help since my golf bag sits next to my chair in the living room along with my shoes and whatever else I can stuff on the shelves on the bag stand. olny time the bag moves is when I'm golfing or cleaning them and I move the stand to the other side of my chair around Christmas time so I can put up a tree:).

• 1 year later...

When you consider buying 2 or 3 extra putters (and not just any putter, but the exact same one you have in your bag) to use in your office, living room, etc.

you know you're an addict when:

1. your wife kindly points out that golf balls are not ornaments she enjoys looking at, there are other channels on the tv outside of Golf Network, take care of the shopping did not mean go to the range and top up your e-pass.

2. your colleagues ask each other where they went for lunch and how it was, then turn to you and say, "how was the range today?"

3. Your son asked if he could come to the range and try it out, 2 weeks and 5 trips to the range later he has his own set of clubs and is already challenging in the Putting through the house tour series.

4. You realize after a long break from playing and coming back to the sport recently, the years in between were spent in recovery, you never really stopped being an addict!!!!

Dean

Driver - Ping i15 9.5 Stiff Shaft
3 and 5 wood - Ping i15 Regular 
Irons 3-PW - Ping i15
yup, there's a theme here...........
Putter
- Ping Scottsdale Tr

One time fanatic golfer, took a break, now back on the course/range as much as possible
"If at first you don't succeed.......Sky-diving probably isn't for you"

You question and evaluate every move you make, wondering if it may cause an injury that would hamper your ability to play golf.

Jogging? I may twist an ankle, no thanks.

...you drive an extra three miles to the distant grocery store because it's next to Play It Again Sports.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Every time you explain a life lesson to your kids it starts with... " You know like in golf... " Anytime there is free time during the day you wonder... "Can I make it to the range?" To avoid an argument you lie to your wife and tell her you're at a strip club when you're actually at the driving range.

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

You wear spikeless golf shoes to the office, just in case

You wear spiked golf shoes to the office, just in case... :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

You know you an addict when even the golf 12 step program wont help you!

When someone mentions a 12 step program, the first thought that enters your mind is, "Which direction?  'Cause that's a whole club either way."

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

You know you're addicted to golf when u work offshore on a supply vessel and always bring a SW, mat, putter and mini roll out green : ) I looooove golf, just wish it loved me! LOL

You try and find an open course even though a tropical storm hit this morning and will be continuing to rain for the next couple of days. Also you when you find an open range on the same day even though there is tornado warnings and the threat of flooding.

Note: This thread is 1001 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!