IGNORED

You Know You're Addicted to Golf When…

senorchipotle
Note: This thread is 1021 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

...your golf bag retails out for more than you paid for your first car

So what is wrong with the above?

It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Taylor Made Burner '09 8.5* UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno F-60 3 wood UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno MP-68 3-PW  S300, Bobby Jones Wedges S and L, Nike Ignite 001, Leupold GX-II

Originally Posted by dondiegojr

You know your addicted to golf when your stopped at a red light and you pick out a target like a light pole or a store sign and say to yourself "if i was on the course, I would go with my easy 6i." LMAO, I do it all the freaking time.

And then you pull out your laser and check the actual distance to confirm the easy 6!

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

And then you pull out your laser and check the actual distance to confirm the easy 6!

I've lasered my street and know that from my front yard it's a full 3-wood to the front edge of the soccer field at the end of the block. I promised my wife it's just a theoretical exercise.

And yes, I go to sleep thinking about how I'd play my favourite holes (who doesn't love double entendres?).

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Warm up. 1 hr putting, 30 mins chipping and 100 balls on the range. Play 18 holes. When walking of the 18th green I have this feeling in my stomach, yes a craving, so I purchase a ticket for another 9 holes.  Finish my round, then I go back to the range and hit another 100 balls with the clubs I didn't play well. All this while it's getting dark and I have a 40 mile motorcycle ride back home with clubs!!  (I live in thailand and you don't want to be doing that journey in the dark on a 125cc scooter) This is not a one off. It's everytime!! So I arrive home, get an earful from the missus and end up sleeping down stairs!! Now that doesn't bother me because I have a mat and a net so i'm hitting balls into that all night.. HAPPY DAYS!!

• Upvote 2

Originally Posted by number1hacker

Warm up. 1 hr putting, 30 mins chipping and 100 balls on the range. Play 18 holes. When walking of the 18th green I have this feeling in my stomach, yes a craving, so I purchase a ticket for another 9 holes.  Finish my round, then I go back to the range and hit another 100 balls with the clubs I didn't play well. All this while it's getting dark and I have a 40 mile motorcycle ride back home with clubs!!  (I live in thailand and you don't want to be doing that journey in the dark on a 125cc scooter) This is not a one off. It's everytime!! So I arrive home, get an earful from the missus and end up sleeping down stairs!! Now that doesn't bother me because I have a mat and a net so i'm hitting balls into that all night.. HAPPY DAYS!!

You win!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by imtomtomim

My wife woke me up one night because I was practicing a putting motion in my sleep.  I was pretty impressed she recognized my putting grip, especially because she's got no interest in golf!

I'm pretty sure we don't want to know what you were holding with your putting grip in your sleep!

You know you are addicted when you make everyone in your house wear white caddy jumpsuits during Master's week, you call the bedroom the Butler cabin, you pick the champion's dinner and everyone has to call you Hootie as you parade around in your JC Penney green jacket.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

You spend more time on your swing reader app on your phone than your teenager spends on Facebook.

In the middle of a marriage counseling session you ask the therapist if they can refer you to a sports psychologist for your putting.

• 5 months later...

Originally Posted by threedolphins

When you know who Hames, Bernie, Camila and Hugo are w/o 2nd thought

How old is this? I don't know one of these people. Are they South American dictators?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

When your coaster on the coffee table is The Golfing Machine.

When the 'white noise' machine used to help people go to sleep is the sound of a ball rolling into the hole.

When you've made blueprints on whether or not a putting green will fit inside your house.

When you find tees and golf balls scattered in the farthest corners of your house.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

• 2 years later...

...you check your pocket for change for the vending machine, all you find is a tee. (literally JUST happened)

...you head to weather.com to find a day and time that has little to no wind....then book a tee time.

let's hear um!

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Note: This thread is 1021 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!