IGNORED

So what are the most popular irons for members of this forum?

Note: This thread is 5383 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What brand of irons do you play?

• Adams
    • Callaway
    • Cleveland
    • Cobra
    • Mizuno
    • Nike
    • Ping
    • TaylorMade
    • Titleist
    • Other

I like Pings . . . they just feel good when I hit them . . .

YES!!! Lets keep the ping votes rollin' in!!!

stand bag:

Driver: DDH 10*
Woods: DDH 3W-15*, 5W-21*
Irons: DDH 3-SWWedge: VR LW 60*Putter: VSL

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a question that I need some help with...... I am looking to buy a new set of irons as I have previously posted, I am currently playing the Mizuno MP-23, but it was recently brought to my attention that Mizuno's are generally a harder club to hit than a lot of other clubs out there. Is this true? I am by no means a "good" golfer, I am average at best and was wondering if I should be looking into a more "forgiving" set? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It all depends on the model. Mizunos have a wide range of clubs. They vary from those that help out a beginner to the ones used by single digit handicappers. I'm sure you could find a model that fits your needs.

Hibore Driver
Burner Steel 3 Wood
Rescue Mid Hybrid
mp 52s
54* and 60* Spin Milled Wedges Craz-e Putter Bag Cart Neo gps

Titleist AP2's. They will be in my bag for a LONG time.

x86 Bag
909D2 9.5*
Rescue Mid Hybrid 4
AP2 Irons 3-PW
TP 54* Vokey: SM 60* Circa 62 #1 Pro V1x Balls

would have thought miz and titleist would be the top. didn't think I would see callaway up there that high. I'm not good enough so I make up with it by being an aethstetic golfer and have to have matching clubs (cept putter, I'm not stupid that much) so I don't use mizunos because the woods game up until lately hasn't had much to offer for the average golfer. I like colors which, yes I know it's a bad habbit. Thus I like pings g10 offerings. I like the orange...I follow the I'm not great but I can look good being bad. Might have to wait and see how the new mizzy woods and hybrids do with people and give it a shot. (no pun intended)

Bag: Ogio
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XLS 9.5 gold stiff
3W: Pro Select 15*
Irons: Pro Select 3-PW
Wedge:Adams Tom Watson set GW, SW, LWPutter: Cleveland VP 1balls: E6+ or Srixonshoes: Adidas powerband"Stop looking at my ears and play!"Home course. Antler Creek; tees; Black 77.5/150, Gold...

My first set after my wal-mart specials were callaway fusion's and I have no reason to change. Maybe to the Ft's but I feel like it's marketing at play and there's no real reason to upgrade. I just started golfing (more than once a year) last year and I get out 2-3 times a week now because I'm in love with the game. I have considered downgrading to a more GI-based set but I have read that the fusions are fairly easy to hit in comparison to other PI irons.

I just got an FT-IQ (upgraded from my FT-3) as well and wow...just wow.

In my tour bag:
Driver: FT-IQ
Fairway Wood: Big Bertha 3W
Irons: Big Bertha Fusion 3-PW
Wedge: Forged+ SWPutter: DetourBall: TP BurnerConsidering an adams a4OS hybrid? Opinions?

So, I went oput and spent the last week demoing different sets of irons! After hitting everything from the Titleist AP - Callaway X-22 and everything in betweeen I decided to go with the new TM Burner! It was the club that felt the best for me! So now I will be a mizuno lover converted to Taylormade. But all you guys/gals were right get out and hit as many as you can and find what is best suited for you!

IN MY 

2014 :titleist: Lightweight Cart BAG:

DRIVER: :titleist: 913D2
3&5 Wood:  :titleist: 913F

HYBRIDS: :ping: G20 20* 
IRONS: :tmade: 09 Burners 4-PW
WEDGES: :vokey: 52 & 56*

PUTTER: :ping: 

Tell me about it. Ive had several instances on the course where people have seen my Mizuno bag full of Mizuno clubs and instantly assumed that Im some kind of great player.

There is an interesting stigma to that effect. The same way that when people see a bag full of muscleback irons, people assume that player is a good player/good ballstriker. I've played with plenty of hacks who can hardly get their blades airborne, however. I've also played with a lot of very good players who play no-name game improvement clubs. It's the old book by its cover, indian not the arrow lesson, time and time again. On that note, I chose Mizuno. I've played Hogan's, Titleist and Mizuno (most recently) and I'll be sticking with Mizuno. I could be talked back into playing Hogan's, but since they're not really a brand anymore I won't be doing that. Titleist makes a nice looking set of irons too, but for me the feel doesn't compare. A pleasant click at impact, but they don't seem to have the broad range of feeling that my current set has. It's all about finding what looks right/feels right and what performs well in your hands, regardless of what your competitor or the guy on tour is playing.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

So, I went oput and spent the last week demoing different sets of irons! After hitting everything from the Titleist AP - Callaway X-22 and everything in betweeen I decided to go with the new TM Burner! It was the club that felt the best for me! So now I will be a mizuno lover converted to Taylormade. But all you guys/gals were right get out and hit as many as you can and find what is best suited for you!

I really liked those irons too and they should be in tomorrow or something. I am not a gear ••••• for any company but the entire set felt great. Obviously very good golfers are going to want something else. But the short irons offered a lot of feel still while the longer ones were easy to hit deep and straight. The entire set felt clean and well designed. I like what they did with those irons, the entire "progressive" system. IMO, they were the best GI irons made this year.

Actually, I was kinda shocked I was buying Taylor Made irons, lol.

I voted for my Mizunos (very old school MP11s). The only irons I've ever owned that I didn't like to hit were Rams (I had two sets - one good one bad), Pinseekers (cut into the ground like shovels), and MacGregor MT tour blades in the early 90s - I really wish I'd had the lofts and lies done on the MacGregors - they were the most beautiful irons I've ever seen. My Hogans take 99.99% focus on every shot - but oh do they ever reward a good shot!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

For me I can really only vote for Callaway right now.
When I started golfing I picked up a cheap set of Dunlops. After that I managed to get a great second hand deal on '02 Bertha Irons and an S2H2 3 wood.
They've worked for me, and although I have hit other clubs, I haven't hit any others enough to form an opinion to stray me away from mine.
I'm considering a change this winter for next spring, so between now and then I'll see if my opinion changes.

In my bag:

Nike SQ DYMO 10.5
Big Bertha 3 Wood
Big Bertha 3-10 IADAMS Tom Watson Classic 54,58 and 64 Wedges Nike Oz 5 Putter/Wilson Staff ( not sure model, bought it in second hand store ) Ball: Bridgestone E6

I currently use Hippo ITX2 irons and woods. They were cheap, but since I'm fairly new to the game I didn't want to invest in expense clubs until I had gotten the feel for things. Right now I'm debating between a set of Mizuno's and Ping. I figure by the time I save up the money and talk my wife into it, I'll have figured out which ones to go with.

My weapons:

Driver: Hippo ITX2
3-Wood: Hippo ITX2
Rescue: Irons: Hippo ITX2Putter: Redneck

Note: This thread is 5383 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!