Sign in to follow this  
BirdIsTheWord

Strange but effective practice

Note: This thread is 4113 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 posts / 1379 viewsLast Reply

People do weird things. Sometimes it translates into golf, as it's always on our minds. Sometimes you get bored of the same old thing. Anyone else do odd things/drills that help your game? Here are some of my favorites:

----I putt left handed, I'm a righty ( while I sink almost everything under 10-12 feet, my lagging lacks lefty)

--I go mini-golfing to keep my putting fresh. Then I come back and only have to worry about speed and break, not bank shots, bridges, and windmills ( I know, Happy Gilmore).

--I chip/pitch coins off of carpet, helps keep me precise.

--I putt on concrete/asphalt (don't use new balls!!)

--I swing while standing on a skateboard on concrete for balance and tempo.

--For positive and negative resistance, I swing an old club in the 4 foot end of my pool. Good for balance too.

Obviously in conjunction with conventional practice.

Anyone else do weird things that work??

People do weird things. Sometimes it translates into golf, as it's always on our minds. Sometimes you get bored of the same old thing. Anyone else do odd things/drills that help your game? Here are some of my favorites:

Hey Birdistheword, these are some great practicing aids. I really like the pool practice aid. It requires you to have a smooth tempo to glide through the water. One thing that I do is putt on the kitchen floor or linoleum floor the night before I play a course with really fast greens. Back when I was playing junior golf, I used to play a course called Bayonet and Black Horse. Their greens are some of the fastest that i've ever putted on. Putting in the kitchen really allowed me to work on fast and downhill putts.

Note: This thread is 4113 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!