IGNORED

Best Ball for Mid, Mid-High Handicappers

Note: This thread is 2942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Another vote for the AD 333. Really soft feel and just as long as anything else I've played. The two 12 packs for $25 kind of makes it a no-brainer in terms of value.

Also, with so many golf ball deals out there it's hard to understand why people would buy refurbished balls.

TW

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
A blast from the past.

What'ya guys think of the Nike Power Distance Soft for a winter ball?

Will it check with a PW or GW? How bout a 6 iron?

Jim

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

A blast from the past.

Checks fine with wedges, but the last time I played them I couldn't get them to hold well with the longer sticks.

In cheaper balls. I like the NXT and Bridgestone e5

Updated 2/7/10 - In my Revolver Pro bag:
Driver: G-10 10.5* TFC 129 Stiff flex 3-W: G-10 TFC129 Stiff flex
#2h(17*) Stiff Flex #3(21*) & #4(24*): Hybrid G-10 TFC129 Stiff flex
5-PW: MP32 (DG300)S flex Wedges 52-8, 56-14, and 60-04 Bobby Jones Wedges
Putter: Rossa Monte Carlo 35"Grips:...

Thats cool I usually miss with the longer sticks anyways Just wanna make sure theyll check up with my 8 iron through my wedges. Getting cold down here and need a winter ball. The package says its for players with slower swing speeds, so seems perfect for the winter with its soft compression.

Thanks!

Jim

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Top Flite Gamer

Don't forget, not much will stick to frozen greens. I guess lately that Hawaii has the only ones that aren't frozen.
Just so you know, when I last played that ball the temps were in the 50-60 range. So try a sleve before you pick up a doz. Good Luck!

Updated 2/7/10 - In my Revolver Pro bag:
Driver: G-10 10.5* TFC 129 Stiff flex 3-W: G-10 TFC129 Stiff flex
#2h(17*) Stiff Flex #3(21*) & #4(24*): Hybrid G-10 TFC129 Stiff flex
5-PW: MP32 (DG300)S flex Wedges 52-8, 56-14, and 60-04 Bobby Jones Wedges
Putter: Rossa Monte Carlo 35"Grips:...

I think I'll just buy the dozen, its easier and just give em away if I hate them. Its only gonna be slightly cool the next 2 weeks here, but freakin frigid this weekend. I may also use them when its really damp out because everything stops on a wet green.

Thanks for the insight.

Jim

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Top Flite Gamer

Top Flight Gamer. Just bought a dozen for my dad for Christmas. Hell, I'm even curious to try one when we tee it up this Spring. I've hear nothing but good things about those balls. Otherwise, try the e-series Bridgestones or perhaps even the B330-RX if you want to spend a little more.

In a staff blue  Aerolite III

Razr Hawk 10.5* (BB 63 S)
Orig Steelhead 4W 16.8* (F)
Orig Steelhead 7W 20* (M-10)

JPX-800 Pro 4-pw (XP S300)

MP-T Blk Ni 51.06, MP-T Blk Ni 56.14, MP-T Blk Ni 58.10

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

I'm definately in the minority on this one....but I love and have gamed for the past 4 or 5 years the Noodle "Softest" ball. (not the regular "Noodle: Long and Soft") They are cheap, have great distance, nice high trajectory, and amazing feel to them. They don't get much back spin, but they do check up pretty well.

The other ball I like is the Bridgestone E5 and E6

What I Play:

Driver: R9 460
4 Wood: G15

Hy: Callaway FT 3Hy

Irons: AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey 52* & 60*, Mizuno MP-T 10 58*

Putter: Newport Studio Select 2.7

Ball: Nike One Vapor

I would try either Wilson 50's or Wilson Zips. They are cheap and great balls.

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

In my bag:

Driver: Taylormade BurnerIrons: Fusion 5-AwHybrids: Idea 3i/17 deg-4i/21 degPutter: Never Compromise VoodooBall: Whatever I find, currently TP Black

In the last two days I picked up the Nike Power Distance Soft and Srixon AD333, both very good 2-piece IMHO and priced down to $12 and $12.5 respectfully. I lose about a ball per round plus I supply my son so I look for value.

Where are you getting these deals?????

I game Srixon TriSpeed and on occasion Titliest ProV1 (too expensive to drop in the water) I really like the Srixon,and on ebay youcan get 3 dozen for $30!
It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

Try the Nike Vapors ($25 at Wallymart)

G10 (VS Proto 65 X) or 905S (speeder X) / X Tour 3W (VS Proto S) / Adams Idea Tour Proto 18* (VS Proto S) / S59 Tour, Z-Z65 Cushin (D2) / Mizuno MP-T 51-06 , 56-10, / Miz TP Mills #6 ~or~ Cleveland BRZ #5

• 1 month later...
Have any of you tried the Noodle S2F? Getting back into the game and I've got a couple dozen old but unused balls but am thinking of getting some fresher balls.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

wilson ultra's are fine for my game.

Golf balls don't really make much of a difference.
A premium golf ball will only accentuate a slice/draw so you should stick to the less spin golf balls, if you strike them good they'll still stop after 1 or 2 hops.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Most "Top Brands" don't really make a bad ball. I have had some good experiences with Callaway Warbirds and TM TP Burners.

R7 CGB Max Driver 10.5*
Big Bertha Diablo FW 18*
Burner Plus Irons 4-PW, SW
X Tour Forged 50*
60* VP109 Putter

Most "Top Brands" don't really make a bad ball. I have had some good experiences with Callaway Warbirds and TM TP Burners.

warbirds are terrible!

They have the same performance as a ultra except cost 3 times as much. Same with the burners.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

At Golf Galaxy, Taylor Made Burner and Callaway Dialblo are $19.99 and Maxfli Vt4 balls are on sale for $9.97.

Although above the $19.99 price limit for this thread, the Taylor Made TP Blacks are selling for $29.99. I had a GG $10.00 reward coupon so they only cost me $19.99.

I never played them so dose anyone have an opinion on the MaxFli VT4?

$9.99 per dozen seems like a sweet deal.
Cart Bag: AMP Xtreme
Driver: 460
3 Wood | 5 Wood: Diablo
Irons: (3-8) X18 | X Forged 9 & P
Wedges: X Forged 52 (12) | 58 (10) C-Grind Putter: Anser 4 i SeriesBall: Burner1978 - 93 - All Time Best - 84 or12 over in 1991.1994 - 2008 - Inactive2008 - Present - All Time Best 96 or 24...

Note: This thread is 2942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!