IGNORED

Best Ball for Mid, Mid-High Handicappers

Note: This thread is 2944 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I really like the NXT Extreme. I have seen them in the proshop this year, but they are not longer being advertised at Golfsmith so I am getting concerned that maybe they are going away?? All I see now are NXT and NXT Tour.

--- Rebel Golfer ---

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see a lot of recommendations for the Top Flite Gamers. Is the Gamer v2 a noticeable improvement?

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

I really like the NXT Extreme. I have seen them in the proshop this year, but they are not longer being advertised at Golfsmith so I am getting concerned that maybe they are going away?? All I see now are NXT and NXT Tour.

Why do you like them?

They're just expensive rocks.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

If you're a titleist person, then the best route to go (under a Pro V1), and for a mid-high handicapper, is the NXT Tour. Find them Here for $12 a dozen for like new balls (AAAAA quality). Shine and all.

Some other options that might suit the fancy of a mid-high handicapper include: Top Flite Gamers - bought Here for $13 a dozen like new (AAAAA quality). Bridgestone e7+ - bought Here for $12 a dozen like new (AAAAA quality). Or I'll even go as far as to recommend a Precept Laddie - bought Here for $6 a dozen like new (AAAAA quality).

Grading scale of this website Here

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Why do you like them?

They just work for me. I found one on a course by chance one round (thought it was my NXT Tour) and didn't realize till the end of the whole I had hit the wrong ball. Any way, I decided to keep hitting it and couldn't believe what I felt was a big difference. Stuck with them since.

--- Rebel Golfer ---

picked up the NXT Extreme because they were on sale for $19 at golfsmith. It literally felt like I was hitting a rock and it says low spin but they mean NO spin. I could tell a huge difference in my short game because the ball would not check up at all. Luckily I found some NXT Tour's and Pro V's to finish the round with.

Driver - FT-iQ
4 Wood - G10
Irons - MX-200
Wedges - 52,56,60
Putter - Bettinardi Ball - ProV1Bag - HooferMy Course - Magnolia Creek Golf Links

Top Flite Gamer

In the Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag

L4V 9* Fujikura Rombax Z 6Z08
S9-1 Pro 15* Matrix OZIK X-Con
Baffler Pro 21* Golfsmith P2 irons - 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold X100 CG14 Chrome Wedges Dynamic Gold X100 52* 56* 60* Rossa Monza SpiderBall - TP Red

I used the Bridgestone e6+ and Srixon Soft Feel when I was finding my feet, now that I am swinging better I use NXT Tour (or Prov 1 on a good day) if I am having a bad patch I go back to the Bridgestone e6+, I loose a bit of distance but they go much straighter due to the lower spin :)

The Srixons I buy new as they are £14 a dozen, the others however I buy from http://www.acegolfballs.com/ here in the UK.

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

Simple - go to walmart or target, swap out the cover on a ProV1 box with a DT series cover ;)

Kidding of course - I'd say my favorite ball to play when I'm not shelling out for premiums are the Titleist DT So/Lo (if your place still has a few boxes laying around, you never know) or other Titleist DT series balls.

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Another vote for the Titleist NXT Line of balls......

What's in my Stand Bag.....
Driver: 909 D2 8.5 Graphite Design YS-6
3-Wood: 904 F 15 Rifle Shaft
Irons: 2-PW 690 MB Blades
Wedges:Spin Milled 54 & 58 degreePutter: TeI3 Newport LongneckBalls: Pro-V1xFavorite Golfer: Nick Watney

I bought a box of the NXT Extremes....but Im thinking I need to switch back to the NXT tours or ProV1x on better days. Just not enough spin.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

BASTARDS!!!!! I hate Top Flight and now I gotta go check out the damn "Gamer" LOL...Too many recommendation to not at least try them. I hate you all!

.........In My Bag........
Driver = FT-IQ Tour
2,3,4 = Iron/Wood = Bazooka Jmax

Putter = T.P. Mills
Irons = A4 OS..Wedges = Pure Spin..Cart Bag = .....Stand Bag = Bennington

BASTARDS!!!!! I hate Top Flight and now I gotta go check out the damn "Gamer" LOL...Too many recommendation to not at least try them. I hate you all!

lol..they are likely cheaper than what you've been playing so you will thank everyone for the extra Yuengling :)

lol..they are likely cheaper than what you've been playing so you will thank everyone for the extra Yuengling :)

HAH!!! Now we're talking!!!!

.........In My Bag........
Driver = FT-IQ Tour
2,3,4 = Iron/Wood = Bazooka Jmax

Putter = T.P. Mills
Irons = A4 OS..Wedges = Pure Spin..Cart Bag = .....Stand Bag = Bennington

I expected the Gamer2 to be an excuse to raise teh price on the same ball because the original was a huge bargan. Golf Galaxy has the G2 at $20/doz, though. Now my only concern is that they didn't screw up the ball. I have a few dozen closeouts of the Gamer 1 left to use, though.

Anyone play the Gamer and Gamer 2 that comment on the difference, if any?

Bridgestone e+ series and Titliest NXT series
In My Under Armour Links Stand Bag or PING Hoofer Vantage Team Bag :
i15 9.5°, Project X Graphite -7A3 | i15 15.5°, Project X Graphite -8A4 | S57 2 - PW, Project X 6.5 | Tour-W 56.10/60.8 Project X 6.5 | Redwood Black Satin Anser | Titleist Black | Golf Pride Tour Velvet Round Grips With Logo...

I've played with TM TP Burners for a couple years and loved them. I just recently changed to Titleist Pro V1X since I can get used ones that are just like new at a great price from knetgolf.
In my OGIO Kingpin bag:
Driver/Wood - Callaway Hyper X 10*, Ping G10 (3)
Hybrids - Adams IDEA A3 Boxer (3) 19*, Adams IDEA TECH A4OS (5) 25*
Irons/Wedges - TaylorMade R7 5-PW, Titleist Vokey 52* Gap, 56* Sand and 60* Lob
Putter - Nike Ignite 002

Note: This thread is 2944 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!