IGNORED

Where are golf clubs made?

Note: This thread is 2874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

But it appears that China has a role here, how far is China involved??

I guess you better get rid of your driver, wedges, probably putter, and glove as all were most likely manufactured in China.

Might be true, but remember, this kind of mindset helps nobody but the fake clubs makers. They'll just fake the club and put a high price tag on it knowing that consumers feel OK when they pay a lot for something. They double their profits while we consumers lose.

well that statement is made barring the existence of counterfeits, which throws everything off the scale. But if you are buying from a retail location, you can be 100% sure you are getting the real deal so that statement applies once more.

well that statement is made barring the existence of counterfeits, which throws everything off the scale. But if you are buying from a retail location, you can be 100% sure you are getting the real deal so that statement applies once more.

Amen. The fact that there are knockoff clubs on the market does not in any way mean that chinese quality is sub-standard. The two issues are completely separate.

Just because I can buy a counterfeit movie on the streets of new york does not mean that I'll get a less than quality dvd at the local best buy. As for American quality, I gotta say it ain't all its cracked up to be. I've owned two american cars in my life and two foreign cars. The American cars were unreliable pieces of garbage with rattles, shakes and defective parts.

• 3 years later...
I've read there is a handful of Chinese mfgr's that produce 90% of the clubheads - is it possible to obtain that list of mfgr's.

Most manufacturers (ping, nike, etc) outsource the forging to companies. They generally try not to reveal the names of these companies. In most cases, the us based company has the QC people are still employees of the company directly that are setup in the factory to ensure the factory is meeting the US based standards. So in other words, I wouldn't get hung up on who makes the heads. The design, the QC, etc all come from the US based company.

Note: This thread is 2874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!