IGNORED

How do you mark your ball for identification?

SergioFan23
Note: This thread is 2926 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I used to put my initials on the ball ... but I didn't want people seeing how bad some of my tee shots were in the trees so now I put circles around the numbers on the ball.

Callaway X-18 Irons | TaylorMade R5 Driver, 200 Steel 3 Wood | Cleveland Golf CG-14 Gap & Sand Wedge | Titleist Vokey Lob Wedge | Odyssey White Hot Putter | Titleist ProV1 Ball | Bushnell Pro 1600 Tournament Edition Laser Rangefinder

Green diamond

Driver: Burner 10.5 deg
5W: R7 18 deg
3H: Idea Tech
4-PW: MP-57
GW: Vokey 52 degSW: 56 degLW: 60 degPutter: Black Series 1 34"Ball: Pro V1

I put a blue cross over the brand name.

i found a pro v1 the other day that had a red dot above the brand about 3 dimples up, and a blue dot below the number in the same area. I thought the colors were pretty neat, so i might start doing the two different colored dots for provisionals.

i mark over the number of my Taylormade TP Reds with a 27 in a green sharpie, i also put one green dot on the AIM stamp before the TP-Red on the side

in my TMX T2 Bag

R9 460 TP 10.5* Motore F1 Stiff
Burner 3w 15*
09 Rescue 19* 2009 Burner 4-PW + GW (FST KBS shafts) TP Wedges, 54/60 Newport 2 Pro V1

I tend to put a blue dot above the name on a pro v1x and two red dots either side of the number and a line through the pro v1x line!

TITLEIST 909 D2 10.5* VOODOO STIFF FLEX
TAYLORMADE R9 TP 3 WOOD STIFF FLEX
COBRA BAFFLER PRO 19* STIFF FLEX
TITLEIST 695MB 3-PW STIFF FLEX
TITLEIST VOKEY BLACK NICKEL 52*TITLEIST VOKEY SPIN MILLED 56.10 & 60.04SCOTTY CAMERON 2.6 NEWPORT PUTTERCALLAWAY TOUR IX GOLF BALLTAYLORMADE R7 TP TOUR BAGC...

I use a Line-M-Up Pro to draw a black line extending the name/alignment of the ball while keeping it visible, e.g.) ------------ ONE VAPOR ------------
I used to fill in 3 dimples below the number with a red sharpie, but I don't bother anymore.
905R 10.5* - Speeder (S) ::: 909F2 15.5* - VooDoo (S) ::: 909H 19* - VooDoo (S) ::: Vokey Spin Milled 52.08, 56.11 & 60.07
MX-25 4-P - Dynamic Gold (S300)
Studio Style Newport 2 - 33/350
Pro V1Tour V2

Using a red Sharpie I put a 'X' through the number on both sides of the ball (about 1/2 " in size). The red makes it easy to spot even from a distance and I've never even found a ball with that same marking.

I do this with Titleists and Callaways. With Nike's, I make the swoosh an X by putting a line through it. Yes, I'll play about any ball...

In my bag:

Driver: 907d2
Fairway: R7 ti 5-Wood
Hybrids: 909H 21 Rescue 4Irons: KZG Forged Evolution 5 - PW w/Rifle 6.0 shaftWedges: 52 Rac & Vokey 58Putter: Studio Select 2Ball: Titleist ProV1xEyes: SG5

GL in purple centered under the alignment aid.

G for Georgia, my 7yo and L or Louis my 3(soon to be 4)yo......
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

I black out the number on my ProV1s with a black dot.

I used to be really paranoid about the number ball I used (the lower the number, the better I'd play), but I can't really afford to get a dozen balls and only play the #1 balls! So blotting out the number solves that problem.

In my Titleist stand bag:
Ping G5 10.5* Adila NV S
Titleist F2 15.5* VooDoo FW-S
TaylorMade Burner Rescue Hybrid '07 19* 65-S
Mizuno MP52 4-5 irons, Project X 5.5, 1* upright (4i bent to 23*)Mizuno MP57 6-PW, Project X 5.5, 1* uprightMaltby GW 53*; Titleist Vokey SW 58-12; Cougar LW 64*Zebra...

| | O | | O

Is this supposed to be binary for 54?

I use Callaway tour I balls and they have the 6 deeper dimples that are spaced equally apart across the ball and I put a green dot in each. Makes mine distinguishable no matter how it sits.

In my Pro Combo Tour Stand Bag:

Driver: 9* Ft-5
3 Wood: 15* Ft tour
Irons: VR Blades 3-PWWedges: VR 52.10, 56.10, 60.06Putter: 34" Newport 2.5 Detour Method 003 blade in the springBall: One Tour or Platinum Home Course: Grayling Country Club

I extend the side stamp to make a decent putting line, while still leaving the side stamp visible. I also put a ligature of my initials, "BE" with the "B" turned backwards, to the right of the number on both sides of the ball. All done in blue sharpie.

Brad Eisenhauer

In my bag:
Driver: Callaway Hyper X 10° | Fairway Wood: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3W (15°) | Hybrid: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3 (20°)
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 4-PW | Wedges: GigaGolf Tradition SGS Black 52°, 56°, 60° | Putter: GigaGolf CenterCut Classic SP3

Ball: Titleist ProV1x or Bridgestone B330S

• 6 months later...
I use a Line-M-Up Pro to draw a black line extending the name/alignment of the ball while keeping it visible, e.g.) ------------ ONE VAPOR ------------

i do the same

In My Catalina Bag:

Driver: 09 9.5* Burner
Hybrid: Burner 3H 19*
Irons: R7'sPutter: OZ 4Balls: B330 RX

I usually put my initials. a T on one side and a M on the other. Sometimes I'll draw a line around the straight dimples.

In my Nike Xtreme II Bag:
Driver Str8-Fit SQ Dymo2 S
Irons CG Gold 5-PW
Hybrids 3&4 Hibore XLS
Putter Rossa Daytona I Putter Ignite MalletBall ProV1xWedges Glove StaSofShoes Heritage

I asked my wife to come up with some clever dot design or something, but she's been putting it off. So I usually either put a couple dots under the stamped number. Usually two for the first ball I'm using and three for the one in my pocket so that I can tell a provisional apart from the first ball without rummaging around to make sure I've got different stamped numbers. If I lose one of them, I'll mark another so I always have two different marks. I'm clearly not the only one who's thought of this, but it's always been enough when I play alone. If I'm playing with a group, I'll usually write "J1" and "J2" on the ball and backup really big to make it as easy as possible for them to help ID my ball if they see it. It's kind of ugly, though...

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I used to use three dots in a triangle around the number. Two on top and one underneath. Then I ordered personalised balls from Golfsmith with my initials on them. Too easy.

What's in my Eagles & Birdies Bag:
taylormade.gif R9 SuperTri Stiff 10.5˚
mizuno.gif MX-700 15˚ 3W Stiff
mizuno.gif MX-700 20˚ & 23˚ Hybrid Stiff
mizuno.gif MP 52 4-PW Nippon 950 Stiffmizuno.gif MP - T 10 52˚/07˚ & 58˚/10˚ping.gif Redwood Anser 34"titleist.gif Pro V1x FJD   

Line mark that makes an arrow.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Note: This thread is 2926 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!