IGNORED

How do you mark your ball for identification?

SergioFan23
Note: This thread is 2930 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Picked up some old ball marker for cheap a couple weeks ago. It didn't come with any ink but I just use a Sharpie on the letters and press down onto the ball. I use my daughter's initials.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

A circle of purple sharpie opposite the alignment aid.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

Just my initials on both sides above the logo. Currently using a blue Sharpie, but I'm not particular about color.

I just go au naturale. I know what ball I'm playing, and I know where I hit it.

I guess you don't play in competitions then. If you did then you'd be taking a big risk.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't bother.
I just say what type of ball and number if needed.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Three green dots on each side underneath or over the Titleist logo.

I have a friend who draws a palm tree on each side. He said it takes him about 10 minutes to draw a sleeve of balls. He said he does it while watching TV.
So what happens if he runs out of golf balls in the middle of the round??? Who know.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

put a black dot over the number as i'm superstitious...unless they're my TaylorMade TP Blacks i had personalized with the number 21, which is lucky b/c it was my # in college (baseball)

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

I put an orange dot over the number.

I play the Srixon Z-StarX. There aren't that many people that play it so I really don't worry too much about it getting confused with someone else's ball. THe marking is more pyschological than anything seeing as I feel more "comfortable" with it there.

Red Sharpie dot beside the sleeve number.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

A red line though the word "GOLF" below Bridgestone.

nike.gifTour
ping.gifG10 Driver 9*
ping.gifG10 3Wood 15.5*ping.gifG10 5Wood 18.5*ping.gifG10 Irons 4- PWping.gifTour Wedges 50*, 56*, 60*odyssey.gifPutter 33" Sabertoothbridgestone.gifBall E6

I fill in a dimple with a green Sharpie above right of the logo.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I use Callaway tour I balls and they have the 6 deeper dimples that are spaced equally apart across the ball and I put a green dot in each. Makes mine distinguishable no matter how it sits.

I'll know when I walk on in your group then I guess .....

Me, I'm not telling - why give away something so private and personal?
"I left this ball in the woods to mark where

ROTFLMAO. I'm more of a cat person - thanks for the freebie.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

• 2 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 2930 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!