IGNORED

How do you mark your ball for identification?

SergioFan23
Note: This thread is 2904 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I never mark my balls.. Just remember what # and brand they are.

Live, Breath, Golf.
My Home
FT-3 8.5* Driver
X22's
2i Hybrid 3i Hybrid 55* Wedge 60* Wedge PutterWhen Tiger puts spin on the ball, the ball does not hit the green and then spin back, the ball hits the green and the world spins forward.

I play the Callaway tour balls and I just extend the arrow on the logo down about a half inch. I am not a fan of writing all over my ball or crazy marks! To each is own.

3 red dots over the word Titleist, since getting my first Scotty Cameron.

S83 Mid-size Tour bag
910D2 9.5º Aldila RIP Stiff C.3 setting
909F2 15.5º Diamana Stiff
909F3 18º Aldila VooDoo Stiff
909h 19º Diamana StiffAP2 4 iron  CB 710 5-PW KBS Tour stiff50º(bent to 52º) 56º54 60ºStudio select Newport 2 Pro V1

• 5 weeks later...

I recently decided to start using an awesome ball marking. Kudos to the guy who thought of it .

For the computer geeky, the term "hacker" has a long history of referring to people who tinkered with Unix systems. (The term was later incorrectly applied to illegal computer crimes by the public, but it's original meaning still stands inside the community.) The term "hacker" also refers the amateur golfer. I would say I probably qualify as both (or at least strive to).

There is a hacker "symbol" that is recognized within the computer hacking community as a "logo" for the hacker. See more here . This logo is composed of dots and fits nicely on the dimples of a golf ball, as shown here:

This lends itself nicely to a golf ball. The bottom three dots can be laid out in a row of dimples and the top dot can be placed two dimples above the middle one from the bottom row. I have not found a ball dimple patter that allows the middle-right dot to also fall in a dimple, but getting 4 of the 5 dots perfectly into dimples is not bad.

Thus my balls are marked with the hacker logo. I have bridged Unix/Linux and golf, two of my big three passions. (Actually, the logo itself comes from a computationally-oriented game, which arguably invokes math/computation, my third category of passion, so maybe it actually spans all 3.)

Anyway, I thought this was an awesome golf ball ID mark/logo. It's unique and it has meaning to it, and as a pun it has a golf connotation as well. I only wish I'd thought of it myself.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

I don't because everyone else marks there ball ;b

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So far I seem to be the only one playing Bridgestone so it has not been a problem for me yet. But I do keep a sharpie on hand just in case.

Driver Ping G10 10.5 degree
3w Ping G10 14 degree
Hybrid Ping G10 15 degree
Hybrid Ping G10 18 degree
Irons Ping G10 4-W SW Ping Eye 2Wedges Ping Tour-W 52 & 60 degreePutter Taylor Made Rossa Inza

3 triangle arranged dots below the number

Ditto, with a black marker :)

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

A red Sharpie marker... to the right of the sleeve number... TLC.

Simple and I always get asked what it means. Answer is always the same... I know.

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I put a red dot on one side of the word titleist and a blue dot on the other (school colors) and a green dot below the number (because thats where I want the thing to land) I dont mark the sides because they already have our schools name on it.
Boom Stick: 907 D2 w/accuflex The juice
3 wood: 909F2 w/Fujikura Motore F1 55
Hybrid: 909H 19* w/Fujikura Motore F1 80HB
Irons: 2010 AP2 (3-PW) w/Dynamic Gold S300
Wedges: Spinmilled 54*, 60*Putter: 2002 Studio Design 1.5Balls: Pro V1Range Finder: Pro 1600Proud Member of Piranhas Golf Team Ecole de...

Never until several consecutive rounds where people walked into my fairway and hit my ball. Hurts more cause I was playing Pro V1s.

Now, my initials in large block letters. People still hit my ball once in a while. Maybe I need bigger letters or more markings.

So far I seem to be the only one playing Bridgestone so it has not been a problem for me yet. But I do keep a sharpie on hand just in case.

I play Bridgestones too

Also saw someone else using them last Saturday... the word is getting out.

I will have to photo mine and post on here. Basically I have a large putting line over the ball model (Pro V1 etc...) with another line perpendicular to it bisecting it in the middle so it is a large cross. I am amazed no-one else does this. My reasoning is that not only do I get the putter lined up with the aim target but also it helps keep the putter face square and I set up with the putter face parallel to the bisecting line. I am often tempted by a 2-ball and putting those lines on the back of a 2-ball will again aide alignment further I guess. Also it helps me setup with my driver and other tee shots.

Anyway photos will follow tomorrow.

From the top:

R9 TP Driver Stiff 9.5deg
R9 TP 4-Wood Stiff 17deg
X-Forged Prototype 3-9 Stiff (rifle flighted) 48deg, 52deg, 56deg, 60deg CG12 Wedges Newport Longneck TeI3 One Black

I always use #4 balls (unless there are absolutely none left in my bag) and beyond that, I might put 4 dots under the logo.

In my bag:
'07 Burner (10.5*) Driver
Unknown model 3 & 5 Woods (next to get replaced)
Rescue (21*) Hybrid
Di7 4i-GW 56/08 Oil Can Wedge Rossa Blade Putter NXT Tour Balls

I do a read dot and a red circle, each within a dimple near the number on each side.

One of my mates makes a paw print, one big dot bordered by 3 smaller dots, each in it's own dimple...

Big Bertha 454, 10* reg
904F, 15* Dynamic Gold S300
Tour Special, 18* reg
DCI 962, 3-PW, Dynamic Gold R300
X tour wedges, 52* and 56* 8881 putter Pro V1's for the momentBlogging my "Quest for single digits" every week.

Note: This thread is 2904 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!