IGNORED

How do you mark your ball for identification?

SergioFan23
Note: This thread is 2932 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Green dot on left of number and blue dot on right of number.

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

As promised, photo time:

From the top:

R9 TP Driver Stiff 9.5deg
R9 TP 4-Wood Stiff 17deg
X-Forged Prototype 3-9 Stiff (rifle flighted) 48deg, 52deg, 56deg, 60deg CG12 Wedges Newport Longneck TeI3 One Black

i simply right " this is not your ball" on my ball...

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

Just jam a pencil into the dimple right next to the ball number a couple times. But I only think to do it when someone in the group is playing the same brand/number, otherwise never bother.

Cheers,
DoctorK

Competitive golf is played mainly on a five-and-a-half-inch course... the space between your ears.
~~Bobby Jones~~

Hailing from northern ireland I always use 3 dots with a green sharpie to make it look like a shamrock, maybe it makes them lucky too?!!

What's in my Titleist RC10 Cart Bag? Driver: Nike Sasquatch Sumo Square 5900 10.5* Aldila VS Proto 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Nike SQ Mach Speed 15* Hybrid: Nike 5H Ignite 23*
Irons: Nike Ignite 4i-Sw Wedges: Vokey Design 252*-08 / Oil Can Spin Milled 60*-08
Putter: Odyssey White Ice 2Ball CS 34"...

• 3 months later...
I like to mark on the equator where the two halves of the cover meet. This is the only place you can find a straight line on any golf ball. The only ball that does this is the pro v1, that I know of, I think I get a better roll this way. What about you? I not only use this line for putts but my drives as well.

I put a red dot to the right of the logo.
Because my friend thinks every ball he finds is his!

DLX cart bag...white/red

R1
913F 15*

913H 19*

G25s 4 iron - U wedge

CG 14 Black Pearl 56* -  60*

... KOMBI 35" 

...ProV1

I have a big pack of assorted Sharpies. Anytime I need to mark a dozen at a time, I have my young girls pick out two colors each. I use those colors and fill in four dimples to the left of the number and under the name. Using four different, usually unique colors, pretty much gurantees that no one will have the same mark and makes identifing easy.

Anytime I am playing scramble or goofing off and not using my good balls, I will just take a marker and put an 'X' over the logo and number. It is much easier to just tell someone it is the random ball with the green X rather than trying to remember what junk ball I pulled out of the bag.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I scrawl a big J on the blank spot opposite the pre-printed alignment mark. I do this because it's easy to see, and quick to write. I got a bunch of colored sharpies so I might do something more creative in the future, but I don't like to bother prepping balls before I go out. I just keep the sharpie with me and mark whatever ball I use as I use it, plus one marked spare for a provisional if necessary.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Three dots to form a triangle right above the logo...

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

i rarely mark my ball, however when i do, i circle the sleeve number.
Driver: Taylor Made R9, Woods: Callaway Hyper X 3 wood, Hybrid: Cleveland Mashie 20 degree Irons: Callaway X-20's, Wedge: Cleveland 588 56 degree, Putter: Cleveland CC 6 Classic Black Platinum, Ball: Noodle, Shoes: Contour

Maryland Golf and Country Club in Bel Air, MD.

Small "S" to the left of the number on both sides. Marking makes it easy to identify your ball.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Blue dot on either side of the manufacturer name and a third dot above or below the number

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

I mark a red line directly over the taylormade logo

In the Bag:

DRIVER: Taylormade r9 9.5*
IRONS: Ping G2 3-PW
WEDGE: Cobra 52* GAP OversizeWEDGE: Cobra 57* Trusty RustyWEDGE: Cleveland 60* CG10PUTTER: Ping I-Anser bladeBALL: Taylormade Penta

Note: This thread is 2932 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!