IGNORED

Weird, wacky and wonderous shots

Smarf
Note: This thread is 5359 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well we've got threads for all sorts of shots, good or bad, so I figured I'd start one with for those unbelievable ones that are just out there.

Shot one: I shanked a ball low and left off the tee and it flew directly into a knothole about 10 feet off the ground and disappeared, never to be seen again.

Shot two: This one I have no idea how it was even physically possible. I skulled an iron from the fairway and hit it maybe 6 inches off the ground with my usual wicked slice. It went directly for the greenside bunker on the right and I thought for sure it would plug deep near a lip. Nope, it skipped LEFT somehow, hit the rake and bounced on the green about 6 feet from the hole. Noone around to see it of course.

Shot three: I played a course at the beach for the first time this past weekend, nothing fancy. It was an odd layout and I sliced my ball off the tee on a par four behind this little cart barn and some trees. I was maybe 10 to 15 feet away from the trees and managed to hit an iron right over them and land on the green. It wasn't until I after I putted out that I learned I was on the wrong green.

In my Acuity bag:

Driver: HiBore XL
Woods: Acuity 3 Wood and 3I-hybrid
Irons: Acuity oversized cavity backs 4 - PWWedges: Tourney Silver Scot 192Putter: Acuity half-malletBall: XL 5000 Super Straight

I have a funny one. Dog leg left par 4. I hit driver and dead pull it. Low screamer...It's heading for a tree about 20' left of the cart path, about 100yds out...I hear the too familiar "knock", I then I notice the ball is coming back in our direction. Bouncing...closer, closer until finally it rolls up about 3 ft away from me where I'm still in the tee box.

I had one a few years ago where I hit my approach into a nearby lake...or so I thought. I heard a hollow KNOCK!-ing sound and saw my ball bounce off the lake and onto the fringe. Amazed, I looked into the pond to discover what had happened. All I saw were a family of turtles looking back, confused.

In my Burton bag:

Driver: G10 9* UST Proforce V2 High-Launch Stiff-Flex
3-Wood: G10 15.5* UST Profoce V2 High-Launch Stiff-Flex
Hybrids: SQ2 19* & 22*Irons: 4i-Pw MP-52s w/ ProjectX 6.0sWedges: Forged 54*8* & Vokey 60*4*Putter: Circa '62 No. 1Ball: ProV1

I have one where one time i glanced at the yardage marker and thought it was the 150 but it was the 100. I hit my a 6 iron and went way over the green and smacked a tree bounced straight back and hit the pin and rested 2 feet from the hole!!

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

I was playing a dog leg left par 4 and i shanked my drive short left right before the curve of the fairway. Well I was left with two options, either hit the ball about 80 yds straight right so that i was past the curve and could play for the pin, or I could cut the corner in a narrow window. Well I obviously chose the latter and I hooked it hard into the trees. I thought the ball was gone forever but to my surprise we found the ball on the fairway just short of the green. It went straight threw the trees. lol

"The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde

I too have hit a tree off the tee box and had the ball bounce back to my feet

Funniest was a par 3 back in high school. I had a wicked slice back then and as usual the ball went right and drilled a tree. Careened over a bunker and rolled to about 3' from the hole

My friends step-brother was playing an uphill par 3. It was about 120 yards. He skulls it rolls up onto the green all the way into the hole.

This next shot was intentional but its still pretty cool. I was playing a par 5 at my home course that is really short. I hit my second shot over the green into this group of about 7 trees. I was stuck under one of them with 5 yards of bunked I would have to get thru to get to the hole. I couldn't hit it over it so I had to go through it. I pull out my putter and take a 1/2 full swing whack, and it rolls thru the bunker 1 ft from the hole and I tapped in for birdie. What made it better was it was in a tournament.

R9 10.5 Aldila Voodo Stiff
S9-1 3W Stiff
Baffler 20 Degree
AP2 (3-PW) KBS Stiff
Vokey Design (52,56,60) Redwood

I was once playing in the rain, tried to hit an 8i to a pin 140 yards away uphill. I hit the ball reasonably solid, but the club slipped right out of my hands and flex 60 yards up into a big tree guarding the right side of the hole. I had to throw my other clubs at it to get the thing down...
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

My best one was a friend's shot... on a short-ish par 3 he sh**ked his tee shot right into the top of a bag on the back cart playing the adjacent hole. Guy who owned the bag had to take all his clubs out to dump the ball back.

In the Ogio stand bag

909 D2 w/ VooDoo S
15.5* 906F4 w/ Aldila VS Proto 80S
3DX DC 3 HybridFP 4-GW56* and 60* Vokey SM wedgeSophia putter

Sweet, some of these are awesome.

It reminded me of another one, slightly golf related. We stopped at this weird mini-golf place at the beach, it was indoors in a dark room with everything painted in flourescent paint. The only lights in the room were black lights and you wore polarized 3-D glasses. They had all sorts of freaky psychadelic aliens on the wall that popped out at you.

There were two really sweet hole designs that used the 3D though:

One hole was a typical straight put down the middle that was guarded by staggered rocks all the way down. The catch was that some of them weren't real, they were just painted on the ground and the 3D made them look real.

The next to last hole was really clever. The hole itself was painted on the turf instead of being real. I noticed it because I took my glasses off from a headache but I let my wife putt out without telling her and she freaked out when it rolled right "through" the hole. Haha.

In my Acuity bag:

Driver: HiBore XL
Woods: Acuity 3 Wood and 3I-hybrid
Irons: Acuity oversized cavity backs 4 - PWWedges: Tourney Silver Scot 192Putter: Acuity half-malletBall: XL 5000 Super Straight

One of my regular playing partners hits a high shot about 120/130 yards. Doesn't have enough club and the ball hits the water. For some reason, it bounces/skips and reaches the fringe. Unfreakinbelievable. (this wasn't topped/thinned, it was a good looking shot but short)

I had one where I topped it and it skipped the water on the green :)

Tour Burner 9.5 Aldila NV65R
MP-57 3-PW R300
588 SW 54
588 LW 60

I have one where one time i glanced at the yardage marker and thought it was the 150 but it was the 100. I hit my a 6 iron and went way over the green and smacked a tree bounced straight back and hit the pin and rested 2 feet from the hole!!

WOW THAT IS GREAT HAHA!!! Wish I had that kind of luck on the course...

Driver: Taylormade Tour Burner TP w/ Matrix Ozik shaft
3 Wood: Tayormade 07 Burner 15 Graphite
7 Wood: Taylormade Series 200 Steel
Irons: Titleist AP1 3-PW
SW- 58* Cleveland Reg. 588LW- 60.04* Vokey Spin Milled Black NickelPutter- Odyssey White Hot XG #9

Great thread... 3 shots come to mind...

1. I was playing in the winter (up here in the NW), the ground was almost frozen and the bunkers were hard-packed. I pulled my tee-shot on the 9th hole into some tall grass. I found it and hacked at it once and advanced it about 15 yards in some more grass (think British Open grass). I then managed to punch out to the fairway to about 100 yards. The pin was back left, behind the bunker. I bladed my next shot and it skims along the ground and goes into the bunker, catches the lip and launches about 15 ft. in the air. It proceeds to land in the hole (on the fly) for an amazing PAR . Luckily I had witnesses (my brother)!

2. I was playing the same course as #1 (Heron Lakes, Great Blue in Portland, OR) and it was winter again. This time it was the 2nd hole, a par-5 with water ( FROZEN ) down the right hand side. The water dips in so it is partially in front of the green, too. I hit a good tee shot, lay up nicely and then hit my 3rd shot FAT. It lands on the frozen pond and bounces right up onto the green . I 2-putt for a 'routine' par. - NICE! Witnesses were two random dudes I played with that day. We go to the 4th hole (par 3) and I skipped one across the lake onto the front of the green on purpose, just messing around.

3. I was playing a par-4 with OB down the right-hand side. There's a farmer's shed about 250 yards out and 20 yards OB. I slice it and it hits the metal roof (nicely angled towards the fairway) on the shed and bounces back into play in the semi-rough.

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

During a high school tournament, I completely bladed a 3 iron off the tee. It his the side of a bench 50 yards up and ended up behind me talk about embarassing

Recently during another tournament, I pushed a 3 wood way right into some trees. Thinking i was in jail, I walked up to the ball and got my distance (135 with about a 20 mph direct headwind). The only shot i had was a punch under-over shot with about twenty yards of cut to a tricky front pin. I grabbed an 8 iron and knocked it in

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

I was teeing off on a par 5 that has a creek running along the left hand side that opens up into a lake further down the hole. It's about 2 yards wide. I hit a horrible topped tee shot that shoots out to the left, lands just before the creek on its right side, bounces over the creek, hits the bank on the left side and bounces back to the other side to a playable lie. It was quite the emotional roller coaster "crap it's in the water, oh wait, ah crap it's in the water, hang on a sec... yes!"

I hit one last year on a 150 yd par 3 with trees lining each side of the hole. I hit one way left with my 7 iron, the ball was heading for the woods. It caught one of the trees way up high, came down, hit 2 or three branches and the last one dropped the ball on the green about 7 feet away as if it were a huge hand. Luckiest shot ever. Still missed the birdie put but made par.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

I've had two.

#1 - I set my tee up (i used to have them really high) and take a few practice swings. I go up for my real swing, and fwoosh. It felt like a good swing, but i hadn't felt the ball! I had knocked the tee straight out from under it, and the ball dropped STRAIGHT down. didn't move at all.

#2 - I took my drive, and it's going straight as an arrow, but way too low. Maybe 50 yards out it hits the ground - and by ground i mean a stick - and bounces all the way BEHIND me.

Mine was more on the lucky side of things. I was hitting my 2nd on a dogleg right par 5 behind the lake and trees guarding the green. The only visible part of the green was the back right of it between two trees. I decided to risk it and took out my hybrid.I pulled the shot and it was headed straight for a tree when it went through the only hole in the tree made by the branches and landed 5 feet from the front pin location. The thing was it was windy so the hole I hit it through was moving around a lot.

Driver 2007 Burner 10.5
Hybrid 3DX RDC 3 Iron
Irons Di7 4-GW Irons
Wedges American Open 60*
Putter Black MaxBalls AD333's

Note: This thread is 5359 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!