IGNORED

What would you do?

enis750
Note: This thread is 5353 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I would get the wife fitted for irons. At least she plays!

As for stigma, I don't pay attention to that. I'm an average putter and have no problem with it. I get teased occasionally that I have a $250 putter with a $25 putting stroke.

In my bag:

Driver: 907d2
Fairway: R7 ti 5-Wood
Hybrids: 909H 21 Rescue 4Irons: KZG Forged Evolution 5 - PW w/Rifle 6.0 shaftWedges: 52 Rac & Vokey 58Putter: Studio Select 2Ball: Titleist ProV1xEyes: SG5

you sleep with your wife, not your putter.

winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

You sleep with your wife, not your putter.

Hahaha! Awesome answer. Spot on.

Get her the irons. You could probably also get another $100 or so trade-in for those old TA2's according to the PGA value guide.

You want a Scotty, your wife needs new irons. Wants vs. needs...get her new clubs. As for your Vokeys, why not try a groove doctor and see if that freshens them up?

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

man there is some funny a$$ answers in here!! ghahahah!!!
but i guess the general consensus is.....Wife's irons....er..."iron" :)

that was kinda what i was leaning too......but only time will tell

my wife is huge into scrapbooking and now wants to have a camera that will cost me approx. $1200 w all the "tools" that go w it
that I have no problem dropping the coin on, as it will be her "hobby" and keep her busy

which leads me to think that maybe, just maybe.......i should get some new wedgies???

im selfish arent I???!! hahahah
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

The answer is found by using some thorough microeconomics analysis. Which is more expensive: (a) irons for the wife, or (b) a Scotty and years of alimony payments?

The answer is found by using some thorough microeconomics analysis. Which is more expensive: (a) irons for the wife, or (b) a Scotty and years of alimony payments?

she's all for it! that the funny thing

if i actually was paying $400 out of pocket for it....it would NEVER happen being it's practically free.....she says go for it i myself would NEVR buy a putter for this much coin and don't worry....i would never spend that on a driver either.....so we dont need to start that up like said earlier....why fix what's not broken im really playing well right now, so im mot sure if i need to make ANY equipment changes..to be honest I could see myself down to a 2-3hcp by season's end (knock on wood) choices, choices...... i may not have this opportunity to buy one again though...hahah!! arrggh....

i may not have this opportunity to buy one again though...hahah!! arrggh....

You are 28. I think you will have plenty of opportunities to buy one.

It is refreshing to see people on an internet forum that value their wives. That said, if you're buying her a $1200 camera, spend the free $400 on your golf equipment, be it a putter, wedges, 8 dozen Pro V1s, whatever. And remember to put the camera on your card, more points for another GC later!

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

It is refreshing to see people on an internet forum that value their wives. That said, if you're buying her a $1200 camera, spend the free $400 on your golf equipment, be it a putter, wedges, 8 dozen Pro V1s, whatever.

VERY good point.....

Buy some clubs for your daughter. Earl Woods is probably happy he bought some for his son...

win.

I wish my dad took me along with him golfing at a young age, I always had to beg him and we just never really went, until now. I'm still young I'm only 22 and I've been golfing for about a month or so, and I LOVE it. But I still have to wonder where I'd be in golf now if i started a long time ago! =)

well I spent 45 mins. today at Golf town
i hit about 40 putts with all different shapes and sizes of the Scotty
if i do buy it, it will be the Newport Series 2 - mid slant

dude i couldnt miss w that rig
they also had my Robin there and i was putting w it as well - just as good
But the Scotty feels like butter compared to the YES!

the ball just "clicks" so nice off of it

the wifey is tellin me to buy it, because if i don't........i NEVR will be able too!! ooohhhh!!!

i dunno dudes........it's lookin like the Scotty may see a spot in the bag....
i think the $1200 Camera is trumping the new clubs for the wifey

think she will still love me? hahha!!!

I guess you can at least sell the YES! and go back for more.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

You know, it doesn't have to be completely mutual exclusive. You could buy yourself a nice scotty, and then take whatever you have leftover, or even dip into your pockets and take your wife out to a nice dinner or get her something small but thoughtful.

Lefty Golfer!
In my light stand bag:
R7 Limited Driver 9.5* Matrix Ozik xcon 5.5 Stiff Shaft
A3os 3 (19*) and 4 (22*) Hybrids Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff shafts
X-22's 5-AW Regular Flex Uniflex Steel Shafts X-Forged SW 56* & LW 60* 35" Studio Stainless Newport 2.5 ('04 version) with a...

You know, it doesn't have to be completely mutual exclusive. You could buy yourself a nice scotty, and then take whatever you have leftover, or even dip into your pockets and take your wife out to a nice dinner or get her something small but thoughtful.

Yeah, this is a good idea.

I change my vote to you might as well getting the Scotty. It doesn't sound like you'll be happy until you get it.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Note: This thread is 5353 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!