IGNORED

What would you do?

enis750
Note: This thread is 5380 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You know, it doesn't have to be completely mutual exclusive. You could buy yourself a nice scotty, and then take whatever you have leftover, or even dip into your pockets and take your wife out to a nice dinner or get her something small but thoughtful.

win^ thats what i would do

all great suggestions guys, thanks a tonne!
i plan on making my decision in the next few weeks

i will com back and let you know how i made out

thx again!
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

ok, so this is what I have decided to do
as sweet as the Scotty is, I am just putting too well w the YES! to make the change
I am in need of a fariway metal, so.....

I am going to re-shaft my old Titleist 975F fairway metal w a Pro Force V2 Stiff shaft, w a GP New Decade Wht/Blk grip and disguise it in a 909 headcover! haha!
that will take care of that issue

then w the rest of my cash i will upgrade the ol Vokey, w a fresh new 56 Oil Can Finish, Spin Milled - Vokey Wedge
my current wedge is still good, but a fresh one would be great!

then wifey gets her $1200 Camera she has been DYING to get, a "new to her" sand wedge and then I can look for a good deal on some irons for her, over the winter
she may only get out once, MAYBE twice more this year - so irons will have to wait

yeah I know, I'm selfish, but i'm really trying to get this hcp down to a 1 or 2 for next year
my plan is to compete again for next year and see if i still got it
proper equipment is a necessity (sp?)....

anyways, thx again for all your thought and idea's
guess the Scotty will have to remain a dream for a few more years :(

It is refreshing to see people on an internet forum that value their wives. That said, if you're buying her a $1200 camera, spend the free $400 on your golf equipment, be it a putter, wedges, 8 dozen Pro V1s, whatever. And remember to put the camera on your card, more points for another GC later!

Totally agree with you!! I was seriously impressed as well. CG031, arent you only like 17 or 18??? When I read some of the younger guys saying to take care of the wife first, I was shocked (in a good way)!

ok, so this is what I have decided to do

Man, I hate it that I got on this thread so late, but I completly understand wanting something regardless of the fact that you have something that does the job well as it is. The thing is, it's going to bug you until you do it, and you might look back and regret it. The fact that you said your wife will only play once or twice for the remainder of the year kinda changes things. Before you said that, I would have been with everyone else and said for you to get her the irons, but now that you put that out there, I'd say go with the Scotty. You're gonna wish you did....

And I think the headcover thing that you're doing for the the fairway wood is freakin hilarious! BTW, I'm really curious as to how the ProForce V2 works out for you. Let us know how it goes. After taking your advice in my situation, I've loved it. For some wierd reason I was swinging my 3W like sh!t yesterday, but it had nothing to do with the shaft. I'm curious to see if it works out as well for you as it has for me. Also, what weight are you going with?

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

Totally agree with you!! I was seriously impressed as well. CG031, arent you only like 17 or 18??? When I read some of the younger guys saying to take care of the wife first, I was shocked (in a good way)!

Haha, yeah, I am only 17 but I figured if his Wife takes the game pretty seriously she'd really be happy with getting new irons. I know when my sister started to get into the game seriously when My Dad and I surprised her with new irons she was so happy and it motivated her to play more and get better.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

hahah!

i have been sending some PM's back and forth w CG031...kid's ahead of his time and very mature...stand up dude for 17 - for sure the V2 has been such a great shaft and improvement on my game, said hey...this 975F was a GREAT club while my swing speed was lower, why not try out the V2 in it as well? (it currently has the Titleist stock reg. shaft in it) 909 headcover - hahah! if the 975F one wasnt fo FUGLY, i would keep it...it's just plain ugly though i bought the headcover on ebay for like $22CDN shipped, so no big deal i should have the shaft in, hopefully the next couple weeks i will let you know how i make out unsure of what weight, but i'm guessing something similar to the driver may even use the exact same shaft and cut it to the same length as the shaft in it i don't use a FW metal ALL that much, so this is a cheap way to get one back in my bag i hit my 4i about 215-220 or so this will fill that gap from driver to 4i for me wedge.........well, i SAID i was getting a new Vokey but after doing some research on here, the new Callaway X-Tour Crome's are lookin pretty sick and currently on sale for $88CDN here.....might upgrade both!!?? hhaha we will see though

ok...after much debate and 16 different decicions...I HAVE THE SCOTTY!!!!!!!

picked it up today..i just HAD to!! hahah!
my Ogio Ozone bag broke (again), so when i bought my new Mizuno bag, i still had a $100 credit
so this allowed me to buy the Callaway Wedge i wanted (which BTW, is also friggen amazing)
AND..the best part
the putter was tagged at $360CDN, not only did they price match it from another store in town, but BEAT it by $10..so my Scotty was $289CDN TAX IN!
so as mentioned, by rewards from my credit card paid for most of it and i sold the YES! to my business partner....so i made money!!!

sweet deal if you ask me

so off to the range i went and had a nice 2 hour session w it..all i can say is WOW
it suits me so much better than the YES! (or so i think anyways)
i did Phil Mickelson's 3ft and 6ft practice cicrles, and made it around the 3 ft 3 times without missing and was making 90% of the 6ft circle...quite impressed!

PS - the wife got her digital SLR last night too...so everyone is happy!

She take a picture of all your new clubs and you can post it here.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

She take a picture of all your new clubs and you can post it here.

LOL. I was thinking that too.

Sweet dude, glad to hear you are happy with all your new stuff. Keep us updated on the golf game too.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Man, that kicks ass! I dont know if it could have worked out any better for you!! I'm jealous!

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

If it ain't broke don't break it

Agreed; dont "fix" something that's working - as someone else so eloquently stated..."it's probably the Indian, not the arrow..."

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5380 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!