IGNORED

Have you ever met a well known professional golfer

Golfing Dad
Note: This thread is 5360 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

met ernie els once, very nice guy. i also have a cousin on the nationwide tour, trying to qualify for the pga. not sure if he'd like me to reveal his name, but he's not very famous so few of you would probably recognize it. his dad was on the pga tour for quite a while and now plays some champions events.

I would love to but i havent been to any golf events before...
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

I saw Steve Stricker at Gander Mountain in Madison about 5 years ago when he wasn't playing too well.

x86 Bag
909D2 9.5*
Rescue Mid Hybrid 4
AP2 Irons 3-PW
TP 54* Vokey: SM 60* Circa 62 #1 Pro V1x Balls

I forgot, my dad used to work with Corey Pavin's father-in-law, in fact he went to his wedding. He said he was a great guy also.

I played a round with Tiger when he was 16, in a group with his dad a coworker of mine who was a friend of the Woods family. Great to watch the interplay between Tiger and his dad. I was really struck by how mature Tiger was at that age and how he was so in control of his game and emotions. Seems he's slipped a bit in the last 18 years.....

i met lee westwood quite a few years back now! it was pretty cool and he was a very cool guy! i got a signed glove from him although my brother kept taking it!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

I have played with Lee Janzen. Nice enough guy, but not much for small talk. All business.

In my bag:
Driver: R5 TP Diamana 83s Shaft
Fairway: Burner 15 degree Fujikura REAX
Hybrid: Custom 19 degree
Irons: DCI 990 S300 4-PW

Wedges: NF 52.04*, Spin Milled 56.10* and 60.08*

Putter: Red X3

Ball: ProV1

Shoe: Tour 360 LTD

Met Sergio for a sec as he came off the range at the Barclay's. Awesome guy, extremely nice.

I also followed him during the round and he gave me several fist bumps after he made some putts, haha.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I played a round with Tiger when he was 16, in a group with his dad a coworker of mine who was a friend of the Woods family. Great to watch the interplay between Tiger and his dad. I was really struck by how mature Tiger was at that age and how he was so in control of his game and emotions. Seems he's slipped a bit in the last 18 years.....

were you playing at The Navy Course in Seal Beach? i know that where he learned at.

in my TMX T2 Bag

R9 460 TP 10.5* Motore F1 Stiff
Burner 3w 15*
09 Rescue 19* 2009 Burner 4-PW + GW (FST KBS shafts) TP Wedges, 54/60 Newport 2 Pro V1

were you playing at The Navy Course in Seal Beach? i know that where he learned at.

Exactly. A coworker played with them regularly at the Navy course (he was ex-military as well) and invited me to fill in one day. It was his last round in SoCal before heading out to defend his title in the US Junior Amateur, and he was messing around with a lot of different shots in preparation. We've all heard about Earl's training of Tiger by messing with him, but I got to see Tiger give it back to his dad just as much as he got. Fun day!

Man, to say you played golf in Tiger Wood's foresome once, with his Dad...that's crazy. Just crazy man.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Zach Johnson, at a grocery store. I nodded, he nodded back.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

I'm not sure if he is considered famous enough, but I have had Michael Bradley make hamburgers for me several times.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i have sorta i have played 9 holes with brett hall who is a hall afame hockey player but also a avid golfer when i was about 16 so (15 years ago) still have our scorecard that he signed for us.
In My Callaway Stand Bag
Driver: Callaway Big Bertha titanium with stiff shaft
Irons : Callaway: x18r's + 1" on them :D

okay, you win. that is awesome!

In my bag:
Driver: R5 TP Diamana 83s Shaft
Fairway: Burner 15 degree Fujikura REAX
Hybrid: Custom 19 degree
Irons: DCI 990 S300 4-PW

Wedges: NF 52.04*, Spin Milled 56.10* and 60.08*

Putter: Red X3

Ball: ProV1

Shoe: Tour 360 LTD

Curtis Strange... he lives about 15 minutes away from me.

Williamsburg, eh? My brother-in-law was in the same year at school as Curtis's son and they played soccer together so my wife's parents know the Stranges quite well. My father-in-law said he wasn't too thrilled talking golf with people as it was like talking about his work.

Holy...that's incredible!

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

Man, to say you played golf in Tiger Wood's foresome once, with his Dad...that's crazy. Just crazy man.

Second that!

I have never met a well known pro golfer, Lorena Ochoa is going to live 10 min away from my home... but when I planned to change home (2 years ago) my parents checked some of the apartments were Lorena is going to live, now I claim to them 'cause she could be my neighbor and maybe play with her Cheers!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Note: This thread is 5360 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!