IGNORED

Have you ever met a well known professional golfer

Golfing Dad
Note: This thread is 5381 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My son was a huge golf fan growing up and I took him to a Senior event when he was no more than 4 or 5. We sat on the grass a couple of feet from the green at one hole and Chi Chi hit his approach right in front of us. He stood no more than 10 feet from us, lining up his birdie putt, and my son blurts out "I love you, Chi Chi." Well, I almost died, but the crowd went nuts and Chi Chi couldn't stop laughing. He came over, rubbed his head, and said "I love you, too, kid." We followed him around for the day and he couldn't have been nicer to us. A real class act as far as I'm concerned. Of course, I kept my hand over his mouth when they were putting after that.

I took him to an LPGA event and the women were wonderful. My son has Fragile X Syndrome (think autism) and the women just seemed to get it as soon as they saw him. We walked past the putting green and a few of them stopped us and called him out to putt with them. I can't even remember who they all were, but I know Beth Daniel and Charlotta Sorenstam were there. Lorie Kane and Juli Inkster treated us like they'd known us forever. I just couldn't get over how friendly they were. If you want to talk to some pro golfers, go to an LPGA event, especially the practice rounds. They really go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Nancy Lopez was really nice to us, too.

My own big moment with a pro golfer came when I talked to Arnold Palmer. I'm an air traffic controller and his plane flew through my sector. I recognized the call sign, N1AP, and asked if the boss was on board. Right away, that familiar voice came back saying "I'm right here." It was right after his bout with prostate cancer a few years back and we had just gone to see him in a Senior event. I told him how much it meant to me to take my kids to watch Arnold Palmer and how glad we were that he was OK. I was nervous because I didn't want to say something stupid and have to go through life knowing that Arnold Palmer thought I was an idiot. But he seemed touched by what I said and made me feel that he really cared. I'll be an Arnold Palmer fan my whole life.

I have not met a professionaly golfer or have been to any golf tournament. I have only been playing a little over a year, but I do plan on meeting some someday.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

A few of my friends and I went to the Bridgestone Invitational two years ago like we do every year, but we got to go an extra day on Wednesday for free. We caught Philly Mick finishing up his practice round and we got our picture taken with him. He's really a classy guy, but it's hard for them to be open during a tournament like that.

What's in the Bag

Driver: Rapture 10.5*

3w: G10 15.5*5w: G10 18.5*3-UW i10 IronsSW: Vokey 54Putter: iWi Anser

Williamsburg, eh? My brother-in-law was in the same year at school as Curtis's son and they played soccer together so my wife's parents know the Stranges quite well. My father-in-law said he wasn't too thrilled talking golf with people as it was like talking about his work.

My brother went to school with his daughter when my family lived in Williamsburg.

Driver 2007 Burner 10.5
Hybrid 3DX RDC 3 Iron
Irons Di7 4-GW Irons
Wedges American Open 60*
Putter Black MaxBalls AD333's

I've met two. I met Dave Stockton at Tiger's annual tourney at Sherwood (At the time the Target World Challwnge, now the Chevron WC). I was watching along the fairway and he was standing next to me--I didn't even know it was him until my dad pointed it out, and I started talking with him about golf. Being a youngster (13 at the time), he gave me some tips on how to keep level headed and enjoy the game of golf, and he was incredibly enthusiastic about the loads of young people playing golf now as well. After a fairly long winded conversation with him, he gave me his autograph, and that was that. He was an incredibly nice and down to Earth guy.

The second pro I've met was Morgan Pressel. I ran into her at the European Club a couple years ago. She just happened to be at the course, and before teeing off I came across her, said hi and all that good stuff, and went on. Seemed like she was in practice mode so I didn't want to be toop much of a bother--just told her good luck in her upcoming tourneys, she said thanks and enjoy the round, and that was that.

HiBore XLS 9.5*
Launcher 15*
Rescue 21*
X-20 Tour 4-PW
CG10 50*, CG12 56*, 60*Pixl L1.8 (8 years and running)

Notah Begay III, hes a member at the club i belong to in Texas, hes a real nice guy and have played with him a couple times, not to mention he tries to help you out as you play and dosent have that ego of being a tour player like some guys on tour

9* DYMO Str8fit- ust stiff
X 19* 5wood stock
Boxer 20* reg shaft
MT Pro-M gunmetal TT Dynamic Gold S300
52.6 oil 56.6 oil 60.4 oil Newport Beach 303pro-v1/ Pentawww.lantanagolf.com

I talked to Tom Watson for a few minutes at a golf clinic he and Cadillac were holding in Dallas. Heck of a guy.

My other pro golfer meeting was with Todd Hamilton right after he won the open. I have a picture of he and I, while I'm holding the Claret Jug. It's pretty awesome.

What's in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag:

Driver - Taylormade Superfast 2.0 TP 10.5
3 Wood - Taylormade Burner 15* REAX
Hybrid - Adams Idea Pro 18* GD YSQ-HL

Irons - Callaway X-18 4-PW

GW - Cleveland 588 51*

SW - Cleveland CG 12 56*

LW - Cleveland CG15 60*

Putter - Cameron Studio Style Newport 2

Bushnell Medalist rangefinder

Sean "The Best" Fister. I met him at a golf course actually in a men's member guest tournament. He seemed like a nice guy (maybe a little cocky though)...and he could launch the ball. He was scary long. Like the guys around him hitting 270-280 on good hits weren't even close to his misses. He hit driver, wedge into a par 5. I know he's not that long compared to some guys on here, but he was probably a legit 300 carry on a bunch of drives.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

Note: This thread is 5381 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!