IGNORED

Dynamic gold shafts?

Note: This thread is 3828 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Besides the weight differenve, can someone fill me in on what the difference is between the S300,S400, and X100. I know that they are 3 different flexes and shafts, but what are some more differences.

Also, what are the differences in between the Project X's from 5.5 to 7.0

The DG 100 and 300 are the same weight, the big difference is the stiffness. The 400 weighs a little more, but is the same stiffness (or pretty close) as the 300.

The PX goes up in stiffness as the number gets higher. 5.0 is the softest, 7.0 is the stiffest.

We have many threads on here that compare the two in more detail if you do a search.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I can't find any other threads, and I would like more info than that, you gave me what i already knew, but no offense to you, and thanks

TT DG shafts are considered low launch shafts... the proj X are considered to be higher launch shafts...

X100's weigh 130 grams while S300 weigh 130 as well. s400 are 4 grams more.

the difference between 5.5 and 7.0 is huge.. so far as i have been told, 5.5 is pretty much S300, and 6.5 is considered an X100... so 7.0 would be something like an X200...

I feel the big difference is most people prefer a softer feel to there wedge shafts... so if your playin X100's, you can put S400's in your wedges to maintain a consistent weight, but they will feel a touch softer.

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

Workability depends more on the club head than the shaft. How far do you hit a 7 iron? How high? And how much higher or lower would you wanna hit it? The stiffer the shaft the ffarther right you will hit it, the softer flex will hit it left.

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

I comfortably hit a 7 iron around 170. I really dont care about how high the ball goes. I'm more concerned with bite than height. And thanks so far.

Then you want s400 prolly. X 100 would maybe take some spin off. S4 should work well

Then you want s400 prolly. X 100 would maybe take some spin off. S4 should work well

What project x shaft would that be?

6.0 i would feel. the 6.5 will bea bit more like the X100's, so far as i can tell the Proj X launch it higher, but with a bit less spin, whereas the dg launches lower with more spin.

• 4 years later...

there is a chart Funny thing is a s300 equals 5.8 FCM ok  So at first I though simple its between a project x 5.5 and 6.0  but thats not the case.  a project x 5.0 = 5.5 FCM and a 5.5 =6.0 fcm and a 6.0 = 6.5 fcm and 6.5 = 7.0  confused yet? i got this chart off of Golfwrx.com  for example Ive had project x 6.0 and the new g95 6.0 both flighted and both were more firm than the s300  I had a 5.0 once and it felt more like a r 300 which is 4.8 but as i mentioned a 5.0 pro x is actually 5.5 so in pro x if you get a 5.0 its just a little less firm than a s300 and a 5.5 is a little more firm than the s 300 for example like I said i hit the pro x 6.0 i need a little more stiff so i tried a 6.5 i didnt like it no feel and granted it was on a wedge.  So i tried a dynamic gold x100 perfecr its a 6.8 fcm the so rule of thumb if you know what project x is 5.5 is 6.0 and s 300 is 5.8  its really not as confusing if you look at the chart look it up on golfwrx.com and download it it helps and dont even look at kbs its a night mare

This may help

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm not much of a gear guy, what is the FCM number telling me?  Thanks.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Basically they put the club in a machine, and they bend the club a certain length, then they measure the oscillation of the club. This basically tells you how stiff the club is. A stiffer club will oscillate at a different rate than a regular flex club.

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I'm not much of a gear guy, what is the FCM number telling me?  Thanks.

Hi David, the "FCM" number is used to determine by a custom club builder whether the shaft needs to be trimmed at the tip or butt end to build a set of clubs for a players specific desire.

A club maker will measure the (oscillations per minute) of each shaft in the set and then trim the tip or butt to meet his customers specifications.

Though this science, club makers attempt to build a set of clubs which will have a similar feeling to a player and they should obtain a repetitive ball flight without manipulating their swing.

Building a set of custom clubs is very time consuming which is why the cost is higher than a set off the shelves.

The end result is every club has the same feel when they strike the ball.

Club Rat

• Upvote 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Also, the FCM chart (courtesy of k-troop ) can be used to compare the different shaft makes and models for actual stiffness.  This is a useful workaround, since all the major OEMs have their own version of R and S flex - there's no industry standards.

Shafts can be compared on both FCM, and static weight. (Heavier shafts move slower through the ball). The lighter PX is more than a half flex stiffer than the S300. See below.

FCM

Uncut Weight

(grams)

DG S300 5.8 130
PX 6.0 6.5 120
  • Upvote 1

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Note: This thread is 3828 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!