IGNORED

Dealing with sweat

Note: This thread is 5383 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I played a quick 9 at lunch today and found that I was having trouble not gripping the club too tightly because my hands were so sweaty. My glove got so wet that it was stretched out quite a bit and the sweat was dripping off my arms onto the butt of the club. Putts were tough because the sweat would roll into my eyes. You could literally have wrung 6 oz. of sweat out of my shirt when I was done. Does anyone have any clever tactics for dealing with sweat, like rotating gloves every hole? Particularly folks who live in hot/humid areas?

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Get a towel (or a few) for your face/hands/clubs. Use it before every shot and in between shots. If you have a wet towel with you when you golf for cleaning your clubs, wipe your hands on the wet end then dry them on the dry end. It works for me. And take your glove off between shots and don't put it in your pocket...let it dry out.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

i am the king of sweating, lol. i sweat like a pig i swear and i hate it. plus, living in this humidity in Florida doesnt help much either. But like DN said, i always carry a sweat towel with me and i always wear a hat (that keeps the sweat from running into my eyes). i also rotate 3 or 4 gloves during a round and dry the wet ones out by hanging them in the cart somewhere (we ride here). the biggest help of all though (for my hands) has been that No Sweat liquid i purchased. I dont remember the exact name of it but i carry 2 bottles in my bag and that stuff keeps your hand dryer than than the Sahara. if you want the name of it just respond and ill go out to my bag and get it fer ya, its called something like DRY HANDS or something (i forget)

I would think that the sweat bands tennis players use on their wrists should help keep the sweat running down your arms to your hands.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

couldn't using rain gloves help this problem? it should supply you with plenty of grip.

In my bag:
Driver: R9 TP Rombax Stiff
3 Wood: R9 TP 85g Stiff
3 hybrid: X
4-SW: X-20 Uniflex

SteelLW: Forged Chrome

Putter: White Hot XG #1

I have a small microfiber cloth that does a good job of drying my hands-both on sweaty and rainy days.

I also have one of these for disc golfing that I've used, but I tend to keep it in my disc bag and just use the towel for ball golf:

http://everything-disc-golf.amazonwe...source=froogle

In my Vaporlite Bag
Driver: Hireko PowerPlay Q2 10.5*
3 Wood: SS 3.5 14*
20* Hybrid: 3dx
Irons: 804 OS 4-PWWedges: 52* Vintage Forged 54* Vokey Spin-Milled 58* Vokey Raw Putter: Crossbax 2.0Ball: Gamer or D2 Feel

Full cord grips.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

RocketSauce, what is the no sweat stuff called?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

yeah im a big sweat problem guy too...
i have 3 sets of gloves on my bag and one unopened one inside one of the pockets...
i also have 3 towels... 1 for my clubs... 2 small ones for my face and hands...
when its overwhelmingly hot/humid i normally ride so i hange my gloves on the steering wheel and my hat gets off my head so it can get air circulating to dry my head and inside the hat...
i even sometimes have a facecloth that i soak everytime we pass a cooler with ice water to wipe down with (face and hands)
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

My hands sweat a good bit, especially on the range. I switch gloves every 5 shots or so on the range.

On the course, I remove my glove after every shot, and I don't wear a glove for pitches, chips, or putts.

As for sweat during putts, I don't sweat enough to cause this, so I can't really help. Maybe a sweatband under the hat or sweat absorbing hat?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I use three gloves and rotate them every hole so they have a chance to dry. I have a hand towel that I will take with me and get it wet with cold water before I start. Between each shot as I am approaching I will wipe my hands with the cold, damp towel. By the time I get the yardage and grab a club, my hands are cool and dry and not sweating. If the beverage cart comes by I will drop my towel into some of the ice water in the coolers to get it really cold. That works even better.

Think of it like this. Your hands are sweating because they are hot. If you cool them off they won't sweat for a while. Just drying them doesn't cool them. A cold, damp towel is the way to go. Plus it feels better on the face when you wipe sweat off there also.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I used to have smaller towels, but after trying a tour size one, I'll never go back. They are big and can be used to many purposes. One being to dry the hands. If it's very hot I also dash a bit of clean water on my hands, rub them and dry off with the towel. Keeping half or a third of the towel wet is also useful.

Have more than one glove in the bag for days like these. Take the glove off after every shot and when you are on the green. If it's hot I carry the glove in my hand, swinging it back and forth to dry it up. If it's not as hot, I fold it and put it in my back pocket.

After the round I make sure the glove will dry up before I fold it together and put it into a plastic bag.
On the range I use all weather gloves with long durability, size small that never go anywhere.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Get the stuff called hnady dri or something like that. It's like a rosin bag, but tackier, and it really works well.

I've found hot and sweaty is no big deal. It's the hot, sweaty and humid that gets troublesome. The sweat just doesn't evaporate, so hanging gloves out to dry, etc. doesn't really work. Maybe that's why Tiger carries 6+ gloves in his bag when he plays. I'd guess some days I need 10+ or so. My palms don't sweat too badly, but my forearms sweat like crazy. It runs down into my palms and the effect is the same. I'm checking out that DRY HANDS thing. I like the ice-towel idea as well. I walk, so maybe I'll start pulling an ice cooler.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

One word... Sham-WOW! If you had one, you could dry your hands, face, entire body, the puddle by the cart track, the bottom of the cooler, the condensation on your beverage, and possibly the pond that runs between 13/16.... all without having to wring it out. But wait, there's more! .......

One word... Sham-WOW! If you had one, you could dry your hands, face, entire body, the puddle by the cart track, the bottom of the cooler, the condensation on your beverage, and possibly the pond that runs between 13/16.... all without having to wring it out. But wait, there's more! .......

lol... rip billy mays

RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Note: This thread is 5383 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!