IGNORED

Swing Critique Please (Videos)

Note: This thread is 5388 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Both videos with 7 Iron
Thanks

In My Bag:
Driver: R7 Limited Matrix Ozik X-con Stiff
3 Wood: 909F3 Aldila Voodoo Stiff
Irons: AP1 3-PW DG S200
Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 54° NickelWedge: Forged 60°Putter: Rossa Balls: Pro V1XAvatar: Nicklaus North Golf Course, Whistler BC

Nice swing. Really smooth and good lower body rotation. I wish I could rotate my lower body this way. I will just have to practice more.
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

You have got a real solid swing there man nice!

Couple of things though, your club face is shut at the top, is it seems you slice the ball your trying to combat that!

Secondly you take the club outside the line on the takeaway which is the start of coming over the top! Try feeling like your dragging the club around your body rather than straight up!

TITLEIST 909 D2 10.5* VOODOO STIFF FLEX
TAYLORMADE R9 TP 3 WOOD STIFF FLEX
COBRA BAFFLER PRO 19* STIFF FLEX
TITLEIST 695MB 3-PW STIFF FLEX
TITLEIST VOKEY BLACK NICKEL 52*TITLEIST VOKEY SPIN MILLED 56.10 & 60.04SCOTTY CAMERON 2.6 NEWPORT PUTTERCALLAWAY TOUR IX GOLF BALLTAYLORMADE R7 TP TOUR BAGC...

It looks wristy. You get your wrists going back on a hinge to start the swing. Not really roll so much as a hinge. The first thing I see is wrists hinging and becoming flipy maybe?

It's hard to tell in 2-d videos. But you watch pro golfers and their wrists don't really make a movement on the initial back swing. And the club looks closed at the top I think.

Much of it looks great. Good tempo and great lower body movement starting the down swing. If you're hitting it well roll with it. My opinion is the wrists get started in a hinge movement to start it all and I'm not sure that's ideal. But I'm not a pro or a swing coach or w/e.

Also you're wearing the same shorts but different shirts. That's kinda funny. :P

Nice and smooth, I like it and it has a lot of potential.

However, I see you hitting a lot of slices with that swing in its current form.

While you do have solid footwork, your lower body moves a little to laterally front AND back.

That might make consistency difficult.

Really nice. Great impact position with straight left arm, great extension, finish on a firm left side. Clubface a bit closed throughout the swing. Other than the closed clubface, can't find anything else to correct.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

nice athletic golf swing, you only need a few corrections:

1) club position is off on your take away, at hip high on your backswing the club face should be facing perpendicular to the target line or the same direction you body is facing, this does not let you set your wrist in the correction position on your backswing

2) your hips are not turned fully on the backswing

3) your hips are pointing right of target and not facing the target, you must hit your balls right of target.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

BTW, you have the swing of a player with a much better handicap than what is posted.
How's your short game. If your posted index is accurate, work only on your short game for two months (not much to correct on your full swing). Just take your 9i, PW, SW, and putter to the practice facility for two months.

PS, you only carry 12 clubs? with just a PW and a 54 degree?

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

BTW, you have the swing of a player with a much better handicap than what is posted.

What? He lives in Canada, so I assume he can only play for a few months a year. I doubt he wants to spend two of them working only on short game. Just work on putting drills at home, then practice chipping whenever you can. I would suggest reading some books on the proper techniques for them.

Ad for the actual swing, you could extend your arms out farther, which will add power. At least it did for me. But Good swing!

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

Cooker can play 18 holes with all the clubs as frequently as he wants; but, dedicating myself to the short game during practice sessions for two months really dropped my handicap quickly.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW

Thanks everyone for the feedback

However, I see you hitting a lot of slices with that swing in its current form.

Yes my misses are slices, mostly only with longer irons.

BTW, you have the swing of a player with a much better handicap than what is posted. How's your short game. If your posted index is accurate, work only on your short game for two months (not much to correct on your full swing). Just take your 9i, PW, SW, and putter to the practice facility for two months.

Bang on, my short game is terrible and have been working very hard at it this summer. As for only working on short game, I have been doing kind of a 20% swing practice and 80% chipping/putting

What? He lives in Canada, so I assume he can only play for a few months a year. I doubt he wants to spend two of them working only on short game.

I'm in Vancouver though, golf year round here, if you dont mind the rain...

In My Bag:
Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 54° NickelWedge: Forged 60°Putter: Rossa Balls: Pro V1XAvatar: Nicklaus North Golf Course, Whistler BC

Where are you playing Cooker? That scenery is just stunningly beautiful.

Top Video is Furry Creek in Squamish BC

Second video is Nicklaus North in Whistler BC
In My Bag:

Whistler is heaven. Stayed there for ten days many years ago (at the Shoestring Lodge). Had a great time.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW

Great lag. Looks like you hit the ball far. Yes, clubface is a bit closed at top.

One thing I noticed on setup is that, although you seem very athletic, your knees don't seem to be bent very much. This may be why your swing path is a little off.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5388 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!