Sign in to follow this  
aca247

who is your favorite golfer of all time

Note: This thread is 3069 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

70 posts / 13230 viewsLast Reply

Favorites based on swing:
Hagan(study his swing a lot)
Anthony Kim(because of how much power someone his size can generate even though he chokes down on the club)
Geoff Ogilvy(I don't know why, I just love his swing)

retief goosen

Retief is the man!

Ben Hogan

But Ben Hogan is, well, Ben Hogan. Doesn't get any better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apex53
Ben Hogan

But Ben Hogan is, well, Ben Hogan. Doesn't get any better.

Agreed!!!

My all-time favorite has always been Tom Watson (and no - not just because of this year's Open). He was the best player in the game about the time I first started to become interested in golf. He's quite possibly the classiest, nicest guy to ever play the game professionally. Additonally, I always loved the way he played. He was always a pretty long driver but not the most accurate. However, he was definitely one of the best short game players ever. No one got up-and-down like he used to. Plus, I love the watch links golf and no one in my lifetime has played links golf better.

I read "Caddy for Life" by John Feinstein about him and his longtime caddy Bruce Edwards and it only validated and confirmed by longtime admiration for him.

Definately has to be Mike Weir - Followed him when he played at BYU (even though i'm a Ute fan). I also had the chance to meet him after he won the 2004 Masters. He was a big influence on Utah golf when I was growing up. Such an awesome guy.

Boo Weekley. Also root for a bunch of other guys like Tiger, Kenny Perry, David Toms, Bubba Watson, Phil, etc. If i could emulate one guy's swing, though, it would be Adam Scott's.

I like a few golfers. All time - Tom Watson, Lee Janzen, Annika Sorenstam, Mario Lemiux, Jack Wagner, Nick Price, Jesper Parnevik . . .

I've gotta go with Freddie Couples. Smoothest swing ever and I do think he would have broken win records had he not injured his back.
Freddie is the man.

Note: This thread is 3069 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!