IGNORED

I must be crazy, but I love the rain!!

Note: This thread is 4199 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just played my first round of golf that had a significant about of rain. For the first 9, is was raining on-and-off with some moment of hard downpour. I loved it. There's something about standing on the tee box fighting the elements and still making a solid gold swing that makes me feel "Aaaah!"

I don't think anyone else in my group liked it at all. Anyone else like playing in the rain?

I don't mind a drizzle with some downpour.......just don't like it when raw cold accompanies the rain!

I like to play in the rain as long as it's not cold or strong wind. Walking around in water proof clothes and shoes and a big umbrella is nice. Soft rain is fine, but not extreme downpour. I'd rather have it a bit colder than very windy. It's no problem to wear some extra clothing to keep warm, but the wind is annoying. Affecting all my shots and the umbrella blowing all around the place. Just ordered a new water proof cap and a twin canopy umbrella to see if that helps.

Putting is a bit more tricky, but you get used to it.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've played in the rain my fair share of times. It's like the weather God knows when i'm on a gold course. I prefer sun though.

I like playing in slight drizzle. Because it is enough to clear the course, but not enough to make me miserable during a round.

This. ^^^ ;)

I work at a course and get to play for free when there is a spot open on the tee sheet. When it rains or drizzles, people don't play too much so that's when I head out there (usually alone, but I find it relaxing) and get in some solid games. ;)

I like it for competition because i feel like i have an advantage, being able to fight through it. The wind is another story. It messes with my mind because i don know what my natural ballflight is that day and club selection becomes tricky.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't mind the rain every now and then but I don't make a habit of playing in the rain. I'll only play in the rain if it's a weekend round with a booked tee time. If it's raining on a week day and I planned on playing I just put it off.

I'm not a huge fan of golfing in the rain if its anything more than a really really light drizzle. I'm spoiled by Southern/Central California's weather so I don't really have a problem with too much rain

Note: This thread is 4199 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!