IGNORED

The vent thread

maraca2020
Note: This thread is 5369 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was having a good round yesterday ( i was 3 over at the time) and i hit some stupid duck hook wormburner into a lake on the 16th tee. Its something i almost never do. I ended doubling the hole and limped in with a 79. Could have been much better.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

City Tourney last weekend, my goal going in was 160 for 2 days. I've been playing well lately and figure 2 rounds of 80 was reasonable.

Start out striking the ball well on Sat, roll a couple putts, and missed a couple, I'm +4 40 @ the turn. 1/2 way to my 80.

On #10 tee I take what is the be the 1st of many terrible swings on the back. Can't do ANYTHING right. End up w/ a smooth +13 1/48 on the back.

Very dissapointed I try and flush Saturdays back nine from my system......sounds easy. 3 triples later and I'm +12 48 on the front......the good news is I seem to have found my swing between 9 green and 10 tee where I left it the day before, come back w/ a decent 40 on the back.

Yes, in our city tourney, I went 40-48=88 and 48-40=88.

Did I mention I hate this game? ;)
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

I hate being 1 ft short of your first hole in one....DOH!!!!

In My Datrek Bag:

Driver: R9-460 9.5°
Woods: Burner 15°
Hybrids: Burner 3,4,5Irons: G10 Gap - 5 ironWedges: cg15: chrome, 56° 60°Putter: Studio Newport 2GPS Unit: Push Cart: 2.0

I have nothing on the golf side to complain about,I know that with a 28 handicap sounds ridiculous but I love every golf shot.

My only complaint is golf courses that are not in the best condition.Bad greens or rubbish bunkers that are hard as cart paths,grass too long in the fairway,and charging for it as much as better courses.

You can only plan for your game and not the standard of the course.

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

When i am having the round of my life(even on the front and one over on the back) and there is lightning with 3 holes to go so i have to QUIT. HATE IT!!!!

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

Choked on a 3 foot par 5 birdie today. Yep I cussed a little. A miss is a miss but a choke....well that just sucks!!

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

hmm looks like just the thread for me right now.

As i said in the "what did you shoot today" thread, i sucked royally today. felt like i couldn't hit anything solid. my most common score was a 6, which it seemed like i scored on every hole (except the 8 on a par 3 thanks to two waters, fml).

yes, all around horrible today. From the tee, the driver either powerfaded to the right enough to get behind a tree or pull-hooked into trouble on the left. i was probably in the fairway maybe twice (not counting the two times i was in the wrong fairway). when i became fed up with the driver, i pulled the 4 hybrid to make the fairway and, whadduyah know, i miss right. could not hit a fairway to save me today. last round all i could do was hit the fairway.

irons were crap as well. even though i was grooving them on the range beforehand (which i never do), i just never had the confidence in anything more than 8i the whole day. were better on the back, but still not cool.

finally, putting. now i used to be a good putter (30-32 putts per round). the last few times i have had close to 40 putts. i used to lag with the best of 'em but i keep leaving putts outside of tap-in distance a lot and i have absolutely no confidence in the short put at all. it's very annoying because i used to be a decent putter.

all this crap came together today. i felt like a hacker that just started a month ago (no disrespect, i still am a hacker afterall). i still can't believe i scored 100 with all this. ugh i hope i forget this next time.

i hate it when i go to a lesson and my coach messes up my swing to the point where i am hitting mostly hooks with a few push fades mixed in. It gets me soooo pissed, because i shot a 75 i week ago... and today at the range i could not hit 3 straight 8 irons in a row!!! What a joke. I guess its back to the practice range for me.

Not being able to take a practice swing in a bunker ...
then flubbing the bunker shot which then goes 2 feet further up the bunker, to a worse lie even, ...
where the best I do next, is get it to the grass fringe 6 inches outside the bunker

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

went to the driving range the other day...took out the driver and hit six amazing drives. Two went out of the range - over 300 yards.

Then next 25 were shanks, pulls, pushes and not one of them was longer than 220. What the heck??????

The driver was/is my most confident club. CRAP!!!!!

In my bag:
Driver: R5 TP Diamana 83s Shaft
Fairway: Burner 15 degree Fujikura REAX
Hybrid: Custom 19 degree
Irons: DCI 990 S300 4-PW

Wedges: NF 52.04*, Spin Milled 56.10* and 60.08*

Putter: Red X3

Ball: ProV1

Shoe: Tour 360 LTD

Today i tee'd off with 2 holes open in front of me. I caught up to a 4 some of about 10 year olds and they let me play through right away. Little did i know i was getting behind the four some of the biggest d bags ever. They were not seniors yet they were playing from the senior tees (there game wasnt that bad). Since they were at the tee box 100 yards away it was hard to ask to play through. All 4 guys had a cart(what a waste). Anyways they werent playing "ready" golf. They were playing wait for one guy to hit then all drive your carts to find the next ball farthest away. On hole five i am 110 out waiting to hit my shot and they have there carts parked on the fringe talking? I wait about 3 more minutes and they were still there so i just hit. I put one right on the green about 30 feet from where they were (illegally) parked. Since they waited so long on that hole our paths did cross but nope they cut me off again and tee'd off before me. They looked back and saw me waiting on every tee box. To which i gave the evil eye (it didnt work). My round ended up taking 30 minutes more then it usually does. Not to mention it was becoming mens night soon and i barely made it off the course in time before they would have kicked me off for behing under 21. UGH

I hit 10 greens in my last round yet had 36 putts. Oh and there is a hole at the course that goes uphill than downhill, so your supposed to wait at the top of the hill so the people on the tee box know not to hit. Only they didn't wait up there so I waited for a couple minutes and realized they must've already hit. I crushed it. It ended up over their heads. They ended up picking my ball up.

Then on the next tee one "hotshot" calls me an a$$hole (I was sitting on a bench and couldn't help but to laugh). He probably got picked on in school so now he has to take his revenge and call a 15 year old an a$$hole.

I hate how in golf, whatever swing plane you have at the moment feels correct. Jim Furyk says it feels like the same plane going back as it does coming through. I went from an upright plane, to a flat backswing and steep downswing, to an on-plane backswing and flat downswing, to a flat backswing and even flatter downswing in the last 3 years. They all feel the same to me. It drives me crazy to know that I'm either going to pull-slice, pull-hook, push-hook, push-slice, or shank it every time I get up to the ball the first time of the day and no amount of feel can help me out. What drives me even more crazy is that people talk about it as a "slot", like it's a track that your hands stay on. I'd rather it be called the "magical mystery line". That would at least make me feel a little better.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

I also hate how it's uncool to use iron covers on blades. The covers cost $10, your blades cost $900. Plus, blades are softer and are getting small but very visible dents in them. And the clanking noise drives me crazy when they're rattling around in the cart. I can't even hear myself think about the next shot. Plus, no one will go without a putter or driver cover. That makes your pre-shot routine a little different for the irons where you don't first select your club, then take the cover off, then step up to the ball. I mean, either use no covers at all on any of your clubs, or use covers on all of your clubs. That's it, I'm calling Monk

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

I hate my inconsistency, both from round to round and within a round. I have so many rounds where I'll be like 3 to 5 over on 14 of the holes, and then have like 3 doubles and a triple, usually bunched together over a 6 hole stretch or so.

I also am inconsistent with parts of my game. Some days I'll drive lights out, then hit like 2 greens with my second shot, but still come in okay cause I'll paly well around the greend. Then the next round I'll drive like crap, hit my irons on the money, and putt mediocre. If I could put the like top 50% in each category together in the same rounds, I could start thinking of breaking 80, but it just won't happen...

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That's it, I'm calling Monk

Monk would use each club once then subject it to a thorough cleansing process.

He would also have to have a 10-iron, likely he'd have his PW re-labeled.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

1) When I take a full swing with the LW in deepish grass and the ******* clubhead goes clean under the ball with no contact and almost no perceptible movement.

2). I don't notice a stiff headwind and hit a perfect 8i from 135, only to have the ball hang forever and land 20 yards short.

Nice thread. Yes, that does feel better Doc.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Note: This thread is 5369 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!