IGNORED

The vent thread

maraca2020
Note: This thread is 5378 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hate how one week I can feel so good holding a club... and the next week, it feels like an alien object. Perfect example is my 3 wood. I NEVER know if I'm going to hit it 240 or 180 off the tee from week to week.

Gotta find a happy-medium.

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I make stupid little mistakes that get me frustrated on the course. Stuff I know I can do well, but somehow manage to screw up.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

I hate how much traffic there is around here and how crowded the courses are. When I was living in CT, I could decide I wanted to golf and tee off within 10 minutes. Here, it's an ordeal. And it makes me golf less often, because I know it's going to take longer than I plan for. Well, at least it doesn't rain in California.
Scott T

G5 9° V2 75 X / 909F2 15.5° V2 85 X / 909H 19° V2 100 X / MP-33 #3-PW X100 / X-Forged Chrome 54.15 60.10 X100 / FGP Black 34" / Penta TP

Handicap is a guess because I haven't established one yet.Best score so far is a 71 on a 6,509 yard 70.3/121 par 72 muni, during a glorious...

on the green 15/18 times in reg. today. 6 one putts. 8 two putts. 4 three putts. After the 18th green. I was so angry i snapped my putter in 2. Not a good putting day. Not at all.
Bag- Orig. 14 Stadium Tour
Driver- R7 limited 9.5*
3 Wood- R7
5 Wood-Viper Tour
Irons- X18/X22 ToursWedges- 52*/ 56* SandPutter- Hamilton f2 series BladeBall- Pro V1Glove-

Good thread thanks!

I wanted to play a round today, got a free spot but had to stop after the third hole because I was sooo bad. I went to the range instead.

What totally p****s me off, is that I have to totally start over after not touching a club for 6 (six!) days(!).
It took me 50 balls on the range to hit the first good shot.

In my Tour Combo Bag:

Driver: Superquad 9.5°
5W: 2008 Burner 18°
3H: Idea Pro Gold 20°4H: 2008 Burner Rescue 22°Irons: MP52 R300 5-PWedges: Vokey SM 50.08, 54.11, 58.04, 60.11Putter: Itsy Bitsy SpiderBall: TP Red

1) When I take a full swing with the LW in deepish grass and the ******* clubhead goes clean under the ball with no contact and almost no perceptible movement.

Add that to my list.

I love my LW, but since it's such a high loft there's really very little vertical space with which to strike the ball. I particularly hate moving the ball 5 yards when I wanted to move it 20.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

I have been terrible off the tee the past month and quite good with my irons and serviceable with the putter. I've been telling myself that the scores are sure to tumble if I can keep it in play off the tee.

Yesterday I hit it well off the tee - 6 of 9 fairways. My irons turned to rubbish and my putting was abominable - 6x3 putts on 9 holes! Ended up with my worst score in over a year. The putter just about ended up bent over the knee Very frustrating to achieve one goal and have the rest of my game fall apart.

What would YOU expect to shoot with.... 41 putts!!? {gasp!}

Well, I shot 82.

I just couldn't believe it. I had a spat of bad putting like this in March, but since then I've been putting in 30-34 strokes per round, then THIS happens.

The timing wasn't great either, as I was playing a third-round match in my club's match play tournament. I lost, 2&1. If I had "simply" 2-putted on the 5 greens where I 3-putted, I could have won, 4&3. UGH!

No brand loyalty at all!

Driver: Speedline 10.5*
Fairway woods: 905F 15* and Big Bertha 19*Hybrid: DWS 3HIrons: 2008 FP 4-GWWedge: Carnoustie 56*Putter: Zing Anser 2i

Is Friday afternoon when all the hackers and slow players play? I happen to have Friday off, it was a great day to golf, especially for the end of July in the midwest. Had a 2:00 pm tee time, at least 2 groups had to have someone driven out the them because one of the groups couldn't get there on time.

The 5th and 6th holes are par 5's that run side by side in opposite directions. We waited on the tee box on 5 while the group ahead of us was in the fairway, the group ahead of them was on 6 green. Within 5 holes they were a hole and a half behind.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I hate how one round I can be automatic with my hybrids. Straight shots, nice, easy swing, good loft and distance. Then not 5 days later I'm hooking everything, losing 10-15 yards and having very little trajectory. I usually tee off using my 3 hybrid no matter what the first hole is. It gets my swing going, usually is little risk, and I'm in the fairway. Yesterday, it was bad. I hooked my opening tee shot into some trees. Second tee shot, hooked it left into the rough when I wanted to be on right side of fairway. Fortunately, my driver was working pretty good and if I didn't need driver I just hit my 5 iron. The hybrids are such nice clubs but they can really bend you over the barrell sometimes.

Oh and putting. I'm a horrible putter. Last 5 rounds I've had no better than 36 putts and even had a 48 putt round. I'm trying to eliminate 3 putts, I think it's the worst way to ruin a score, so of course I go out and have a 4 putt! I am trying a new stance and stroke, we'll see if it helps. Looking at my Scorecard stats, if I can eliminate 3 putts, I'd be in the 80s every time. Really frustrating.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

I HATE reaching a par 5 green in two great shots only to end up three putting for a par. ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Driver: Taylormade Tour Burner TP w/ Matrix Ozik shaft
3 Wood: Tayormade 07 Burner 15 Graphite
7 Wood: Taylormade Series 200 Steel
Irons: Titleist AP1 3-PW
SW- 58* Cleveland Reg. 588LW- 60.04* Vokey Spin Milled Black NickelPutter- Odyssey White Hot XG #9

and it goes on...

rollercoaster golf. Playing really good for a couple of holes, birdies included.
Then suddenly all is gone. Hole 10, I skyrocketed my tee shot, then hooked the second shot OB, next shot pushed to other fairway and it bounced between two old ladies after 200yds carry.

..then I went home

In my Tour Combo Bag:

Driver: Superquad 9.5°
5W: 2008 Burner 18°
3H: Idea Pro Gold 20°4H: 2008 Burner Rescue 22°Irons: MP52 R300 5-PWedges: Vokey SM 50.08, 54.11, 58.04, 60.11Putter: Itsy Bitsy SpiderBall: TP Red

I HATE reaching a par 5 green in two great shots only to end up three putting for a par. ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

That aint nuthin'.

How's about very nearly getting a hole-in-1 on a par 3 (165 yds maybe, have photo of pitch mark to prove it), only to 3-putt for bogey from about 20ft. B****y r********s.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

good lord, I couldn't hit my driver to save my life today. Normally I hit a high draw. Lately it's progressed to a power hook and today it was a low slice. WTF?

I had that happen two weeks in a row!!! Drives me nuts!!!

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

im so frusteratd w my game right now it insane
ZERO, i mean ZERO consistency w my driver right now

its left, its right, its high to the moon, its ...... F * % K!!!!!!!!!!!!
and to boot my last 3 rounds, i have just strugged..up and friggen down
not sure where to go w it......thinking about ebayin it and trying something completely from left field
i swear i need a stiffer shaft dudes.........
113-116 mph on the ol launch monitor...im so borderline, i just dont know
everyone says "use the weakest shaft you can".........tried that

shot a 40 tonight on 9 (par 35)....started par, bogey, par, double, par, par, double, par, par ..WTF is that crap!!?? w only 11 putts!!!!! YES 11 putts!!!!! im sure you can guess how many GIR's i hit!! hahaha

god, im so tired of scrambling its insane

my iron game is ok, short game is keepin me in it.....off the T, im hitting 4i most of the time
getting good w it though, spanked one 227 today...what 5 or 3 wood! hahaha!!

ahhh..i think i need a break for a bit.....
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

im so frusteratd w my game right now it insae

No such thing as break!

You are just struggling off the tee. Hit 60% driver and I bet it will go further than a 90% 4-iron.

"Mulligan: invented by an Irishman who wanted to hit one more twenty yard grounder." -Jim Bishop

My short game is worse than a 90 year old woman's right now.

To top it off I was hitting some awesome drives today, so I left myself within 30 yards of the green a couple times on par 4's. But since my short game sucks miserabely right now, I'm making pars/bogeys when I should be having a great shot at birdie. I can't count how many times I left myself 20 ft. from the hole today on a chip/pitch from less than 30 yards.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Note: This thread is 5378 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!