Note: This thread is 3750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

steer clear from Ogio i have been through 4 YES 4 Ogio bags this year 3 of my own and 1 of my wifes 3 Ozones and 1 Vaporlite the legs kept getting weak and would not stay retracted even tri

I second the x86 bag mainly due it's light weight and the fact that it matches most of my clubs :P I've used ogio bags in the past (exo and some older models) and have never had any problems with the stands or durability of the bag.

Here's my $.02:

Titleist: very good ergonomics, but the fabric around the club dividers up top wears out quickly and will give your shafts some serious bag wear if you don't keep an eye out.

Callaway: very solidly built, but the straps aren't the most comfortable

Taylormade: not quite as solidly built as the Callaway, but much more comfortable and is very well designed for a walking golfer.

Currently, I carry a Taylormade Diablo. I had the Torino last year, and one of the pouches broke, so they sent me a Diablo (a $230 bag!) to replace it. I have to say, Taylormade customer service is the best I have seen at any company, not just in the golf world. If you have a problem with any of their products, they WILL take care of you. I love the diablo bag. It's very well built, and they can be had for around $150-$170 now, but that's still a pretty penny for a stand bag.

I think the OGIO and Sun Mountain bags are overpriced compared to the other name brand bags, I had an OGIO bag that I really didn't like. I only kept it for about 3 months before I sold it and picked up a lightly used Callaway. I would recommend the Taylormade (one of their upper end bags, Torino or Diablo, not the lower end stuff, it can be pretty cheaply made and the legs don't always function well), with the Callaway Warbird Hot and Titleist x86 as close 2nd's. I have no experience with Ping, Cleveland, Mizuno, or any other bags.

Ogio also has a 14 divider cart bag out now. I just looked at it at Scheels, but I forget what it is called.
I love all the little details, like the little patch to stick your glove to being just under the putter well, the sharpie slot right next to the ball silo, the anti twist cart strap, how the pockets that would be squished by the cart strap flip up and sit on top of the strap...so many things you didn't know you needed tell you have them.

Its the "swiss army knife" of golf bags.

I hear that you have to turn it sideways to fit it on a cart. Do you see many advantages of the x97 over the x86

I haven't seen the x86. I did however choose between the x96 and the x97. I chose the x97 since I feel the x96 is a little too small/lightweight to be my only bag. I don't use a cart, so I didn't check how to mount it.

I hear that you have to turn it sideways to fit it on a cart. Do you see many advantages of the x97 over the x86

I had to turn my x86 sideways the 1 time I have used a cart since I got it. I very rarely ride carts, so it doesn't bother me.

Sun Mountain Four 5

Also the Bennington Quiet Organizer - I love everything about the bag except the straps are NOT comfortable for walking, you really need a pull/push cart...otherwise its awesome.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 year later...

They had a golf show in Indy today and after reading all the comments here and another forum I had decided for me the either the Sun Mountain four 5 or the Nike Sasquatch tour and possibly the Titleist 14 way found one place had the Nike and it looked as good as I thought, and the only one of the 3 I found at the show and the price was only $119 how could I say NO. After I got it home and changed everything over I think it is just perfect, hope it holds up for years to come if weather is good I play 18-36 holes a day all walking. IMAG0054.jpg

I have X86 in red. Best carry bag I've ever used. It's just simply best I've tried. Easy beverage pocket for a half-litre bottle :) Enough space, well-designed dividers on the top. Got mine for 90 euros from local golfshop. It's a killer :)

I personally like the Sun Mountain 3.5 and four5.  I think they are both solid bags and offer their own advantages.  Neither are really that good on a cart, but then again they are carry bags, so what are they doing on a cart anyways?!

Originally Posted by Quinn07

I personally like the Sun Mountain 3.5 and four5.  I think they are both solid bags and offer their own advantages.  Neither are really that good on a cart, but then again they are carry bags, so what are they doing on a cart anyways?!

I second this... the Sun Mountain bags are great (and so are the Titleist bags considering SM makes them)... I have the Titleist version of the Four 5 and love it.  I normally have to ride when I play since most the courses around here don't allow walking and in my experience my bag works just fine on a cart.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Alot of time I end up deciding at the course if me and my partner want to walk so I'd like a bag to be decent on the cart as well.

And 99% of bags are at least serviceable on the cart.

Originally Posted by CassinoNorth

Alot of time I end up deciding at the course if me and my partner want to walk so I'd like a bag to be decent on the cart as well.

Since we are talking about Stand Bags, I would have to disagree with that percentage.  A lot of the time the true carry bags are designed for just that, carrying.  Often the leg mechanism is the piece of the bag that makes it difficult to use on a cart. There are larger stand / carry bags that are designed for dual purposes, however those bags tend to be a little more on the heavy side and difficult to walk with. But I would certainly say that your percentage is definitely bloated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CassinoNorth

Since we are talking about Stand Bags, I would have to disagree with that percentage.  A lot of the time the true carry bags are designed for just that, carrying.  Often the leg mechanism is the piece of the bag that makes it difficult to use on a cart. There are larger stand / carry bags that are designed for dual purposes, however those bags tend to be a little more on the heavy side and difficult to walk with. But I would certainly say that your percentage is definitely bloated.

Nope. Almost every bag nowadays has a strap or cords that can hold the stand mechanism back when its in a cart. Nike's bags do this exceptionally well.

Note: This thread is 3750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!