Sign in to follow this  
kleraudio

Your 200 yards from the pin....

Note: This thread is 4137 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

90 posts / 7970 viewsLast Reply

And your in the rough, its your second shot on a par 4, you have a clear line at the pin.... what club do you use?

No other variables like wind, elevation, temp, etc.... Just 200 yards and your in the rough

I ask because this is the club I need to buy. I have no club that will take me to the green from the rough from 200 yards out....

Jim

Thanks for the replies guys, so far its hybrid 1 and iron 1. I dont trust my long irons in the rough, but then again I dont use them in the rough very often because of the whole confidence thing.

Its interesting to see what you guys use in that situation.

good lie: 3iron hybrid (19 degree)
bad lie: 6 or 7 iron, roll it close to have a little bit of a pitch shot.

If it's a good lie, I'd probably attempt to hit my 5H, if it's a bad one, I'd probably attempt the 3H. If it's just an average lie, not great, but not extremely bad, I'd probably still go with the 5H.

Different for everybody. I would hit a 4 or 5 iron, or maybe even a 3/4 3H depending on the green. My advice for most 25 handicappers would be 3 wood or 1H.

You're probably going to get a flyer. Walk on a 5 iron (or a new 6 iron). It has the optimal head shape and size to cut through the hay while staying on line. If you can't a get a full.5 swing to the green from a flyer lie with an approximately 29 degree loft mid-iron, then there might not be club to get there - for you.

it all depends on the lie and where the pin is on the green. If it's a good lie and the pin is in the back. I will probably try to hit a 5 or 6 iron. If it a bad lie, I might hit a 7 and try to get it rolling a bit. The lie will show me what club I need to or can hit.

Note: This thread is 4137 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this