Jump to content
IGNORED

Favortie Club


Note: This thread is 4186 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Recommended Posts

Didn't see a similar thread, but what is your favorite club to use and why? I like my 4 iron. I dunno just something about that distance and that club makes it fun to use, especially in the rough. I like to punch out with it too.
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like my wedges. I hit all my clubs good, but the wedges are definately my favorite. 56* to be exacto. The consistency and accuracy i have with um drives me nuts.
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've worked on my swing a lot this summer and because of it i've really improved my driving distance/accuracy. Sure theres a great thrill in hitting it stiff to a green but smashing drives long and straight down the middle of the fairway consistently is a great feeling too :)
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with alf PW. Good things happen with it. ALF where r u in se mi. I am in lake Orion.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

call me Roy McAvoy because it's my 7 iron. 155-160, probably a 90% chance that I will hit it within a 10% (15 yards) of my target, it doesn't hook or slice, I feel comfortable at address with it.
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like my 5 hybrid, I use it a lot on approach shots and off the tee on a lot of par 3's, feel more confident hitting a green with it from 170-175 yds than with a 9 iron from 50 yards closer
Link to post
Share on other sites

my 5-iron! i use it a lot and hit it really well and even if i cant reach a green im not smart enough to play for position so i just knock that down the fairway!
Link to post
Share on other sites

My 3 iron hybrid. It just feels right. I'm not a good golfer by any means, but that club I can hit from any lie. It is also the only club that I can shape shots with, from high draws to line-drive runners. I like my driver and my 60* a whole lot, but my h3 is my favorite club to pull, becase I get to act like a real golfer when I have that out.
Link to post
Share on other sites

I love my 8 iron. When I was first starting out, my teacher put a training grip on my 8 iron to try to teach me the proper grip. As a result I just got into the habit of practicing with the 8 iron first and most often.

Since the training grip has come off, the 8 is still my go-to club. If I need to hit a layup shot 90% of the time I grab for the 8. As a result, my favorite yardage from the pin is 130. From that yardage I get to grab my trusty 8 iron, which I will put pin high almost without fail. (although I seem to love missing the green to the right if there is a bunker that way).
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm beginning to like my driver. Before I used to be longer, but all over the place. Now I'm starting to hit more fairways, and since the courses I play usually aren't that long, I still have short or mid irons into the green.

Another one of my favorite clubs is my 3H. I like it because of it's versatility. I can tee off, hit it from the fairway, and chip with it.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Note: This thread is 4186 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjan21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • Nice, I’ve played all of those courses except Southern Dunes and Shingle Creek, but I’ll be playing Shingle Creek on Tuesday.  
    • Here yesterday’s driver. Added a couple of feels to the drill I am doing. First, the soft arm challenge feel, kind of a float loading from A3.5 through transition. I almost feel as if I just relax the wrists a bit more. Second, my Evolvr instructor had me working on speed development last fall with a slight shift back and feeling taller with raised left heel, then falling into the left heel from A4 to 5. I added these in. What I got was a bit more rotation at impact, my A6 hand and elbow position is deeper into my thigh and a few mph in swing speed. My instructor is pleased with the progress, especially the rotation. I hit 100 mph with this, so I am pleased too! I will stick with this drill and feels for a few weeks. It is paying off.  
    • Clubface Challenge completed  
    • It's the middle of Jan already, so we will start to notice the days getting longer. I just received a tournament list for the 21 season so I am looking them over to see what fits my liking. I regripped my metals and lw. Time goes by pretty fast and golf will return to the northern states.
    • 1/16/21 - str8er Right Elbow Not perfect angle in DTL, but I still think it’s improving 
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. MrTom
      MrTom
      (37 years old)
    2. Neil BRIGGS
      Neil BRIGGS
      (62 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...