IGNORED

Are these good irons?

Note: This thread is 5354 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok so after my birthday, I'm hoping to get some new irons to replace the Tommy Armour knockoffs I'm using. I'm hoping to have enough to get these: http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...273502.2273503 I've seen these for 700+ dollars, so I really hope I'll be able to get them before they're gone. Would these be good irons to improve my game and ball striking with? If I can't get those, I'm also looking at r7's, and if I don't have enough for either I was thinking these might work also: http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/nicken...ite-steel.html But, I really hope I can get those j36's, If I'm short 150 bucks or less, I could probably get my dad to let me borrow the money for them. I want those sooooo bad! Anyone use them? I'd like to hear your reccomendations as well.

In my White/Red/Yellow Monza Featherweight Stand Bag:
Driver: 07 Burner 9.5* stiff
3 Wood: 07 Burner 15* stiff
5 Wood: 07 Burner 18* stiff
Irons 4-AW: r7 steel shaft stiffWedges: RAC Satin 56*, 60*Putter: Rossa Daytona 35 InchBall: Bridgestone e7+, Titleist Pro V1Shoes: D3000Glove: ...

Love those b stones... Pick them up.. A great intermediate iron. Stay away from nickent. Good hybrids, but irons are na es bueno

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

Well, if I can't get the j36, what's good for less than 200?

Irons 4-AW: r7 steel shaft stiffWedges: RAC Satin 56*, 60*Putter: Rossa Daytona 35 InchBall: Bridgestone e7+, Titleist Pro V1Shoes: D3000Glove: ...

Awesome irons. Go for those. those bstones are the only other irons I really liked when I demo'd looking for irons. And don't they come stock with proj x shafts?

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

Well, if I can't get the j36, what's good for less than 200?

BEST irons i've seen/felt/handled (but haven't hit) for under 200 are the wilson di9 irons. Saw them in golf galaxy in houston when visiting my bro. On sale for $150.

I'm STILL wondering if I shoulda bought them just to mess around with.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

Hmmm. I'll have to see what I can find. I want those j36's so bad it's not even funny. Yeah they have stock project x shafts. My dad will understand if I need to borrow a few bucks to get them.

The Bstones are good from what I hear. But if you are stuck with something under $200 check the Ben Hogan BH-5. Can't go wrong with either of them.
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

I've found j26 cavity and pocket cavity on ebay for under 400. I also found blades for 400. I might get the blades if I have enough money, that would make me improve my ball striking.

I wouldn't encourage you getting blades. They will frustrate you. You do want to improve but you also want to have fun, and I don't think blades will give you the fun you want at your skill level.

The pocket cavity ones will be the best for you, just my 2 cents.
My achievements:

I've found j26 cavity and pocket cavity on ebay for under 400. I also found blades for 400. I might get the blades if I have enough money, that would make me improve my ball striking.

Easy there.....

There are many options with the Bridgestone J36 line. The irons transition well from blade to cavity back to pocket cavity. Don't think I'd jump straight into a full set of blades just yet (don't care how good of a ball striker you are). Remember, those pocket cavities you linked are still a players club. They may be a tad more forgiving then a traditional blade but they are no where near a game improvement iron. Try and demo the clubs first and base your decision off of that. Good luck.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

I wasn't saying I'm a good ball striker. I want something less forgiving so I have to get better, not just let the club do all of the work. I'll probably end up with the pocket cavities though.

Love the B-stones, but chances are, they'll be gone before September.

Driver: Hi Bore XLS Monster 9.5º Fujikura Gold Fit-On Stiff

3 wood: Hi Bore XLS 15º Fujikura Gold Fit-On Stiff

Irons: i10 3 - PW Dynamic Gold S300Wedges: Vokey 200 Series - 50º, 54º, 58ºPutter: Abaco 33"Ball: AD333

Man, I hope not. Oh well, if they are, I'll get something else. I'm sure I'll be able to find them on ebay then.

i would stay away from players irons if you're a 35 handicap. Try looking at taylormade r7's or callaway x 18's those are both great clubs and will improve your game.

Hmm. I'm not sure what I want at all yet, so we'll see if I've improved any when I actually have the money to get them.

I want something less forgiving so I have to get better, not just let the club do all of the work. I'll probably end up with the pocket cavities though.

Don't rule out a blended or combo set. Like I said earlier they transition well between the 3 types of clubs.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

Check out Mizuno MP-52s. They are forgiving yet not a GI iron. They're still a player's iron but have a cavity and a pocket on the long irons for added forgivness.
Though, in all honesty, I think you should go with something even more forgiving like the MX-200 or the PING G10. I'm a 28 handicapper and I still find it tough to hit my Callaway X-14's at times when my swing is totally headed south, and the 14th are considered SGIs. But maybe that's just me, I'm the most inconsistent golfer around, maybe because I don't play much these days.
My achievements:

no doubt the bridgestones are great clubs, but even int the pocket cavity form, i would be hard pressed to recommend them to a high handicapper. i do like nickent irons...i have the 3dx reds that you have listed...not sure if yours was the combo set or not...mine is. awesome hybrids make hitting 200-220 yard shots a breeze, and the irons are no slouch either. saw these on golfsmith and it might interest you http://www.golfsmith.com/products/NI...h_Steel_Shafts

in my bag:

Driver: '08 Cobra F Speed LD 10.5 w/UST Proforce V2 Tour Flight stiff

Fairway: Adams Speedline Fast10 3-wood w/Aldila Wasabi stiff
Hybrid: Nickent 3dx 3H
Irons: Nike CCI forged 4-pw Wedges: Nike Victory Red 52 56 60 Putter: Rife Mr. Beasley Balls: Bridgestone B330-RX Tees: epoch

Note: This thread is 5354 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!