IGNORED

2009 Solheim Cup

bjw181
Note: This thread is 5330 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I agree, Christina just looked silly and obnoxious.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, Christina just looked silly and obnoxious.

A little bit goes a long way. Unfortunately we got a lot of it.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

• Administrator
Count me among those who are fine with Christina Kim. At no point did I see a lack of respect for her fellow opponents, several times she'd shush the crowd VERY quickly if her opponent still had a shot left to play, etc.

If you didn't have a problem with the way Boo Weekley was behaving at last year's Ryder Cup (I didn't; Lee Westwood did) then you shouldn't have a problem with Christina. And none of her opponents have said anything poor about her behavior.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Congrats the USA ladies on winning the Cup again. I really enjoyed the telecast of this event as well as the Women's Amateur. Michelle Wie surprised me today. I didn't think she had the mental toughness to handle the pressure today. Congrats again ladies!

:cobra: Amp Driver 10.5*(R)
:tmade: Burner 3W 15*(R)
:tmade: Burner 2.0 Rescue 3-4
:titleist: 714 AP1 Irons 5-pw, gw(Steel XP95 R300)
:callaway: MD3 Wedges 56, 60
:nickent:Omen Long Putter(un-anchored)

incredibly close. glad we pulled it out today. 8-4 in the singles is pretty impressive.

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

ive gotta say you lot deserved to win but it could have gone either way half way through todays matches! and did anyone see one of the caddies doing the villegas spiderman on the green, i actually thought to myself 'what are you doing'!

btw, why do i always have to hit the mute button as soon as Christina Kim comes on?

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

and did anyone see one of the caddies doing the villegas spiderman on the green

Congrats to the US-team.

Yeah i saw this - that wasnt a Villegas spiderman, that was a "everymans spiderman" - the one you do if you dont have the flexibility - he basically laid on the green belly down....

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Lots of good golf, but I am very impressed with M. Wie. Reported to have hit a drive 305 yards on one hole... She played very well as did Creamer. New respect all around, well earned.

RC

I really enjoyed the golf out of the girls this weekend. I have twin 3 year old girls and I was thinking today that I'll probably be dragging them to LPGA events (if there are any left) someday as it is easy to point to the girls on both sides as really good role models. I can't wait to introduce them to the game some day.

"150y to the flag - yeah i need 6i" huh???

And these broads would beat you by 15 with their eyes closed. I played with my brother and his friends on Saturday - they're all 280 off the tee, they hit 8-irons 180. I'm 240 off the tee and hit my 7-iron 150 yards. I shot 81, they didn't break 90.

It was a very enjoyable day of golf. really enjoyed watching it.

There was a bit of me that was hoping for Kim to miss her clinching putt so we wouldn't have to endure her celebration. Luckily Pressel's was the winning match instead. A little bit of Christina Kim goes an awful long way. I'm all for showing excitement and intensity but sometimes it's a little too much from her.

It was thrilling watching everyone else however.

I really enjoyed watching this all weekend. Now I'm just left wondering if this is a turning point for Michelle Wie or if she is going to be the Sergio of the LPGA. Based on her singles performance today, I tend to think it's a turning point.

If she keeps playing this well, how long before the LPGA starts "Wie-proofing" courses?

Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

I have a completely new respect for Michelle Wie. I think the slate is wiped clean for her. She went in to the Solheim cup the old Michelle Wie and a new and confidant Michelle Wie has come out. I never thought I would say this, but Michelle Wie was clutch this week. Even Christi Kerr sounded some what shocked when she said how much Michelle had improved her putting.

Count me among those who are fine with Christina Kim.

Me, too. I thought she was OTT at the last Solheim Cup but I warmed to her this year, especially at the British Women's Open. In fact, it's hard not like her - she has an engaging personality and a very warm, infectious smile.

Mind you, there was one hole - just one, out of 90 - when she was over-celebrating - then realised what she was doing and calmed the crowd down. Look forward to seeing her again in the UK next year.

I have a completely new respect for Michelle Wie. I think the slate is wiped clean for her. She went in to the Solheim cup the old Michelle Wie and a new and confidant Michelle Wie has come out. I never thought I would say this, but Michelle Wie was clutch this week. Even Christi Kerr sounded some what shocked when she said how much Michelle had improved her putting.

Me also, I was impressed by her game and she seemed to embrace the moment. I just hope her parents were as impressed and allow her to continue to grow on her own.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I just hope her parents were as impressed and allow her to continue to grow on her own.

The best thing for Michelle Wie is for her parents to go back to Hawaii and leave her alone. They held back her development by having her play PGA Tour events and even playing in some LPGA events instead of amateur events. The one year she played in the Women's British Open instead of the USGA Women's Amateur proved how clueless they were. She was 13 the last time she won a golf tournament. She missed out on one of the most important developments of a young golfer, learning how to win. Perhaps she got that lesson this weekend.

Rob Tyska

Note: This thread is 5330 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!