IGNORED

Forearms

Note: This thread is 5376 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Okay, so I have been tinkering with my swing for a bit and something clicked the other day...

I set up to the ball, took my normal grip and then rotated my forearms inward. This created a really strong, sturdy V.

I am now hitting the most consistent shots of my life. And it works for every club in my bag.

Is this a normal technique? Does anyone else have any experience with this?

In my bag:
Driver: R5 TP Diamana 83s Shaft
Fairway: Burner 15 degree Fujikura REAX
Hybrid: Custom 19 degree
Irons: DCI 990 S300 4-PW

Wedges: NF 52.04*, Spin Milled 56.10* and 60.08*

Putter: Red X3

Ball: ProV1

Shoe: Tour 360 LTD

Okay, so I have been tinkering with my swing for a bit and something clicked the other day...

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, I'm really curious to see what everyone else says about this as well. I did this as well, a while back, and struck the ball really well, but when I'd do it, I felt like everything in my upper half was in a bind.

My understanding is that when you rotate your forearms inward, your elbows now point out, to the left, and to the right correct? I went from elbows being pointed back and down a little, to them being pointed out to the left and right. Now, I'm somewhere in between, that's a little more relaxed, with my right elbow being pointed back and down, and my left one isnt turned quite as much. What's everyone' opinion on this?

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

Hogan said that each elbow should be pointed to the hipbone on that side of the body.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hogan said that each elbow should be pointed to the hipbone on that side of the body.

And this is accomplished by compressing your upper arms/bicep area into the chest. So it seems trying to point your elbows out is the opposite.

In My Bag (upgrading soon hopefully)

Driver: TiSI 10°
Irons: ISI Black Dot 3-PW (minus lost 5i)
Putter G5i Piper JMAX Milled Wedge 52°Ball: Whatever I Can Find

And this is accomplished by compressing your upper arms/bicep area into the chest. So it seems trying to point your elbows out is the opposite.

Compress leads to pressure. Pressure leads to hate. Hate leads to...suffering.

"Mulligan: invented by an Irishman who wanted to hit one more twenty yard grounder." -Jim Bishop

I just tried it with the old 3 iron I have sitting here in my room(for things like this

) and I agree. The arms feel much more synchronized with the body using Hogan's method IMO. Elbows out feels disconnected from the body. The takeaway feels really weird with the elbows out, either get a flying elbow on the backswing or you have to take the club way behind you to the inside in order to get the right elbow into the body. Elbows pointed to the hipbone allows that right elbow to stay close to the body and get into a good triangle at the top. In his book Hogan talks about the elbow position at address helping put the golfer into a good position at the top. From the couple minutes I've done here experimenting with it I don't see how you could get into that same position without doing something funky. SpringBokVol, I'm not trying to discredit your thoughts by any means, this is just my impressions from the couple minutes of trying this.

- Joel

Compress leads to pressure. Pressure leads to hate. Hate leads to...suffering.

Haha perfect. I'm watching Empire Strikes Back right now. They are all good though.

And yes, it feels a lot better swinging the way Hogan says.

Haha perfect. I'm watching Empire Strikes Back right now. They are all good though.

The hands hurt the swing they do.

"Mulligan: invented by an Irishman who wanted to hit one more twenty yard grounder." -Jim Bishop

And yes, it feels a lot better swinging the way Hogan says.

I'm glad I wasnt crazy by moving away from that. Like I said before, I just felt wayy too much in a bind in my upper body.

Thanks for the reassurance!!

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

I watched ROTJ last night. I watch Star Wars movies alot(I like all 6).

Gonna play "The Force Unleashed" later, love that game.
The hands hurt the swing they do.

LOL..........awesome.

- Joel

Force Unleashed is pretty fun I have only played it a few times at a friends though. The new game coming out, Star Wars: The Old Republic looks pretty cool though.

Force Unleashed is pretty fun I have only played it a few times at a friends though. The new game coming out, Star Wars: The Old Republic looks pretty cool though.

Yeah, it looks pretty good but I'm just not into the MMORPG's. I'm not willing to dedicate that much of my life to a video game. I'm an outdoors guy.

- Joel

I should have clarified. I am moving my forearms about 1/10 of a centimeter inwards. It is more of a flex and a pressure move.

My elbows still point toward each hip, which I believe is the proper alignment.

Sorry for the confusion, but it looks like some of you had fun with this thread despite of it.

In my bag:
Driver: R5 TP Diamana 83s Shaft
Fairway: Burner 15 degree Fujikura REAX
Hybrid: Custom 19 degree
Irons: DCI 990 S300 4-PW

Wedges: NF 52.04*, Spin Milled 56.10* and 60.08*

Putter: Red X3

Ball: ProV1

Shoe: Tour 360 LTD

Note: This thread is 5376 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!