IGNORED

What tees do you play from?

SpringBokVol
Note: This thread is 5373 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What tees do you play from?

• The Tips
    • Blue
    • White
    • Changes course by course

i play from the blues because i play on the high school boys golf team so i have to. but i'm a girl and it's really of frustrating when you have to play 200+ yard par 3's

really? girls in our high school matches in new jersey get to hit from the women's tees.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I normally play from white, but I guess it depends on the course. I prefer to play in the 6200-6400 range. I'm not super long.

I typically play the course from the tips, however depending on the group I'm playing with, we might move to the blues. When playing practice rounds at my home course, just to change it up, we might play play from the blues with the rule you must tee off with a 5-iron (except par-3's of course) or from the whites and tee off with a 7-iron. The odd time when the course is quiet we play from the reds

In my bag..

Driver: Mighty Big T3, 8°, Grafalloy Prolite 35
Fairway Wood: PT, 13°
Fairway Wood: Seville 15° (in my bag since 1987)Irons: T-Zoid Pro, 3-PWSW: MP-9, 56°LW: Tour Star, 64°Putter: Allied Professional (in my bag since 1989)Ball: ProV1xShoes:

Tips if i play alone or with the same handicap of better.

Most of the time blue coz my friends find blue is just nice for them .
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

the first time i played i did not know any better so i played from the tips(blue). I then realized i dont have the distance off the tee to attempt it again. i now play from the whites. One of the guys i play with always makes a big deal about me playing from them. Whenever somebody joins us he makes it a point to tell hem that i play from the whites like its a big deal to do so. Some people just dont undersatnd the concept of the differnt tees.

In my bag:
Driver: Big Bertha Diablo 10* N
Fairway wood: Big Bertha Diablo 15*N
Irons:Big Bertha 06' (3-PW)
Wedge: Sandwedge 56*Wedge: Lob 60*Putter: White Hot XG#1Ball: Big Bertha Diablo , HX Hot Bite, Warbird

Usually white, although on the courses I play the difference in yardage / difficulty is pretty minimal.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Whites usually because i'm a higher handicap and I am not a very long hitter.

Lefty Golfer!
In my light stand bag:
R7 Limited Driver 9.5* Matrix Ozik xcon 5.5 Stiff Shaft
A3os 3 (19*) and 4 (22*) Hybrids Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff shafts
X-22's 5-AW Regular Flex Uniflex Steel Shafts X-Forged SW 56* & LW 60* 35" Studio Stainless Newport 2.5 ('04 version) with a...

My home course is very short (4400), so whenever I go to a longer course, I try to play from blues (unless the rest of the guys prefer other tee). I am quite long, so I can't use my driver very often at home, then I take the opportunity to practice.

Clubs in my bag: TaylorMade R7 SuperDeep TP 9.5° Fujikura Speeder 757 S | Titleist 906F2 13° AccuFLEX ICON FH X| Adams Idea Pro Black 18° Aldila NV Pro 105-S| Mizuno MP-57 3-7; MP-32 8-P PX6.0 | Mizuno MP T-10 54.09, 60.05
My bags and cart: Titleist Carry Bag | Mizuno Omega V + Clicgear 2.0

I usually play from the whites, though at most of the courses i play at the blues arent much farther.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

I usually only play in my league. My flight has to play from the blues. Next year they will bump me to the first flight and I'll be playing from the tips. I am not sure that I can compete from the tips as I am not a long hitter.

We have different tees in Norway. White are the longest (tips), then yellow for men and red for women. Some also have blue for beginners.

I play from yellow, which is like blue on this poll. I play from the tips sometimes to see how harder it is. In some competitions we play from the tips, so I want to be familiar with it, but don't play from them regularly.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For the poll I said "White", but that's just because the players I play with want to play from those. Personally, I go based on length and/or course slope rating. I prefer something around 6300 yards with a slope around 128+. If the yardage is under 6300 yards from white, then I look at the slope to choose my tees. For most courses I do not want to play more than 6500 or a slope over about 135 unless I am playing by myself or with another player who is pretty good. The guys I play with stuggle with more than about 6000 yards and/or with a slope over about 125 or so. I also look at the yardages on par 3's and par 4's in deciding as I do not want most of par 3's to be 200+ yards or most par 4's to be 430+. I'm not a short hitter, but those kind of yardages all day long wear me out.
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

I usually play from the whites. The other day, I decided to play from the blues. The fairways look totally different from that perspective. What was interesting, is that I scored no different from the blues. I guess the driver is not my problem area. Also, it was really fun changing it up.

Last year I did the same thing. I'd play from a tee a little farther back and I'd score the same exact score. Now, I'm usually a few shots better from the blues when compared to the tips. And courses look so much different from the tips. Courses are totally different from and most look great.

I play the blues (6400-6600 depending which course) about 70% of the time. The other 30% of the time, I play the tips (7100) for a challenge or for a match. There's a formula involving your 5-iron distance...like multiply it by some number to determine how long a course you can comfortably play. Both tees get boring though if you keep playing the same ones. Switch it up every once in a while if you get bored. It's good to see that a lot of people are playing the appropriate tees instead of letting their egos get in the way. I can't tell you how many times I've caddied for guys who need to move up a tee box. They can't reach par 4s in two or par 5s in three unless they are the shorter holes. It's nice to see that there are some people who don't let their egos get in the way. Good job if you play the right tees for you.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

I play based on the course. If I am playing a course for the first time I tend to error on the side of shorter, I like to be in the 6300 to 6500 range, 6700 yards is pretty much my limit. Anything over that and I seem to be hitting driver, 3 wood into every par 4 and that is no fun.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Tips. Although it is darn fun to play the ladies tees every now and then.

Is playing from the ladies tees kind of like riding a moped or dating an ugly girl ?

Fun to ride until someone sees you do it :) Seriously, depends on the course, I like to play about 6500 yds give or take. I also take the slope and course rating into account. If there is an insane slope rating 135 or more, I will move up a set of mens tees, if there is one available. Also depend on who I am playing with that day.

Driver: X460 tour- 9.5*
3-wood: 3+ - 13*
Hybrid: BB HW 20*
Hybrid: 24*
Irons: X-20 Uniflex SteelWedges: Colonial 56* & 60*Putter: XG SabertoothBall: GPS-8âIf you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God...

I usually shoot from either the blues or the tips. I play from the blues if I'm having a bad day, and they have me play blues in tournaments. I play tips to get ready for when I have to play them in tournaments in a couple of years.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

really? girls in our high school matches in new jersey get to hit from the women's tees.

yeah my coach made it very clear with me before i tried out that i would have to play from the blue tees if i wanted to play on the boys team. that explains my high handicap haha

I play the tips, regardless of length, usually but it depends on who's in my group. If 3 others are playing blue, or even whites, I'll play with them to keep it fun and fast.
What's In My Stand Bag...
Driver: R9 TP 9.5*
3W: R9 15*
Hybrid: Rescue Dual TP 2H 16*
Irons 3-P: MP-62Wedges: Vokey 52* & 58*Putter: 34" Newport StudioBall: Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5373 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!